• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
OK quick question.

Is Astral Chain actually 1st Party rep or a 3rd Party rep that's mainly associated w/ Nintendo (like Bayonetta is)?
I think 3rd party, technically. It's still owned by Platinum. I think Nintendo has the rights to Bayo, but not all of Platinum's work.

Wait maybe not, it was published by Nintendo...idfk

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think 3rd party, technically. It's still owned by Platinum. I think Nintendo has the rights to Bayo, but not all of Platinum's work.

Wait maybe not, it was published by Nintendo...idfk
Like I said. Platinum and Nintendo co-own Astral Chain.

Bayonetta is primarily owned by SEGA with exclusive publishing rights and certain cosmetic elements of Bayonetta 2 owned by Nintendo. Platinum actually owns non of that IP.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I think Nintendo has the rights to Bayo
Bayonetta 2 and 3 are simply funded by Nintendo. The franchise is still Sega's property, which is why Bayonetta 1 could get on Steam after she got into Smash.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
me when porky gets added to smash as #5 and i was right all along

images.gif

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Blizzard made a response article to the whole controversy, it's pretty much what you'd expect from them.
What's wrong with this? I mean... assuming it's true (the best case scenario) then I feel this is a very tactful response. If it's a lie, well then nothing's changed. (and I still kind of empathize with them a bit. China is scary and Blizzard doesn't have it's own military.)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Here’s some first parties I’d like to see...
  1. Fawful
  2. Cynthia (using Garchomp, Milotic and Spiritomb)
  3. Dixie Kong
  4. Another WarioWare character (like Mona or 9-Volt)
  5. Octoling (though it’d never happen, I’d love for one of the alts to be Marina)
  6. Rex and Pyra/Mythra
  7. Ganon (ALBW design)
  8. Dr. Coyle
  9. Bandana Waddle Dee
  10. Porky

Feel free to judge me on my poor taste in characters.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
What's wrong with this? I mean... assuming it's true (the best case scenario) then I feel this is a very tactful response. If it's a lie, well then nothing's changed. (and I still kind of empathize with them a bit. China is scary and Blizzard doesn't have it's own military.)
The article talks about how they're all up for equality and stuff and even has their supposed core values repeated throughout the article like "Think Globally; Lead Responsibly; and importantly, Every Voice Matters ". Yet they shut down a voice just to line up their pockets with cash from a brutal authoritarian government. This doesn't read like it was written by a human being, it reads like it was written by a soulless corporate entity.

EDIT: To add to what I said, a statement like "our relationships in China had no influence on our decision. " is an extremely obvious lie, Blizzard isn't fooling anyone with this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Blizzard made a response article to the whole controversy, it's pretty much what you'd expect from them.
Love how "core values" is used again after the controversy airing DoA at EVO Japan (?).
OK quick question.

Is Astral Chain actually 1st Party rep or a 3rd Party rep that's mainly associated w/ Nintendo (like Bayonetta is)?
As far as I recall, Astral Chain is a fully funded and owned Nintendo IP.

D

Deleted member

Alright **** it. I have six characters in Dragon Quest 6. Who wants to insert themselves into the party?

D

Deleted member

Just dropping by to say thanks for the support and kind words everyone. Maybe I'll be able to go into what happened at a later time, but right now it's still a bit too early for me.
Again, thanks, really means a lot.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Oh and if anyone is wondering, Blizzard made another response but in Chinese.

View attachment 241743
By what I've been hearing, the Chinese Hearthstone account is not handled by Blizzard, it's handled by Netease, a Chinese company that handles Blizzards' games.

That aside, the response is still tactless, considering some American players did the same and Blizzard did nothing(although by what I've been hearing, that was at a fan-made tournament), meaning it's definitely more about China, since China was watching, compared to some of the other events where they could care less as long as China doesn't watch or care.

Edit: Oh, so the translation is more because of the "translator" and it isn't entirely what they said. But regardless, can't believe looking at the situation is making me sick from stress, but the issue certainly isn't going to be disappearing anytime soon.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I realized I still haven't downloaded the ost of Smash Ultimate.

I already have every track from the first five games so I need to wrap it up.

D

Deleted member

Alright **** it. I have six characters in Dragon Quest 6. Who wants to insert themselves into the party?
So how this works is that I take a list of names from this thread and the discord server. I then pick a character and spin the wheel. If your name gets chosen for that character, you are that character. You have no control over this.

Going to SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 TheMightyP TheMightyP Will Will for their dedicated responses to my DQ shenanigans. Will, if I land on you, that character will be named Poopyhead instead of Will.

Tell me if you want to be in and I'll put you on the list. I will not assume otherwise. That goes for Mighty P and Will

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The article talks about how they're all up for equality and stuff and even has their supposed core values repeated throughout the article like "Think Globally; Lead Responsibly; and importantly, Every Voice Matters ". Yet they shut down a voice just to line up their pockets with cash from a brutal authoritarian government. This doesn't read like it was written by a human being, it reads like it was written by a soulless corporate entity.

EDIT: To add to what I said, a statement like "our relationships in China had no influence on our decision. " is an extremely obvious lie, Blizzard isn't fooling anyone with this.
Why not believe them when they say that they tossed him because he broke the guidelines by bringing this up when he did?

Why is it an obvious lie? Because you want it to be? Because I see no reason to not take what they say as true other than cynicism.

And more over, if they did make a mistake, why are they not allowed to try to make up for it? They reduced the punishment they gave him and are allowing him to claim his prize. Why is one mistake grounds to cancel them forever? Not just for Blizzard but for anyone.

D

Deleted member

Why not believe them when they say that they tossed him because he broke the guidelines by bringing this up when he did?

Why is it an obvious lie? Because you want it to be? Because I see no reason to not take what they say as true other than cynicism.

And more over, if they did make a mistake, why are they not allowed to try to make up for it? They reduced the punishment they gave him and are allowing him to claim his prize. Why is one mistake grounds to cancel them forever? Not just for Blizzard but for anyone.
Snake, does your like mean you wanna take a shot at being in my party?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Why should we believe the multi-billion dollar corporation with huge ties to China?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
There's a better way to share that bit without using Mark Kern. Guy is gross AF
Mark Kern edited that translation to make it sound more agressive. The point is real, the actual translation is not.

Also, **** Mark Kern. After a quick fact check, this dude is a total ****.
I wasn't aware of Mark's skeletons, I'll take note next time.

It's hard to believe Blizzard because their statements in the article contradict reality. They claim they're all up for equality and giving everyone a voice, yet their actions show otherwise. More over Blizzard isn't saying this is a mistake, they're doubling down on their actions and are attempting to justify their position regarding the controversy. Not once have they actually apologized to the player or Hong Kong. The guidelines excuse is laughable when two players in America said the same thing and got away with it. Yet because China had it's eyes on the events they responded aggressively. Blizzard did this for China, and them saying otherwise is a straight lie.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why should we believe the multi-billion dollar corporation with huge ties to China?
Why not?

Like. Are you seriously gonna tell me you want to end Blizzard. Kill all of their active franchises. Make thousands of people loose their jobs? If they say they want to make up for it than let them.

Like, maybe my priorities are wrong. But I know how much those games mean to people. I don’t already partake in their products but I will still want and be excited for Tracer. I’ll root for WoW because of what it means to a lot of people. And hearthstone. And any game they make.

Games are my rock right now. They’re a lot of people’s rocks. And I will never willingly kill any franchise. I know I’ve said things to the contrary before but that was before I was on meds and in a super bad place. A bad place that games helped me get out of. Who am I to take that away from people. For whatever reason.

I wasn't aware of Mark's skeletons, I'll take note next time.

It's hard to believe Blizzard because their statements in the article contradict reality. They claim they're all up for equality and giving everyone a voice, yet their actions show otherwise. More over Blizzard isn't saying this is a mistake, they're doubling down on their actions and are attempting to justify their position regarding the controversy. Not once have they actually apologized to the player or Hong Kong. The guidelines excuse is laughable when two players in America said the same thing and got away with it. Yet because China had it's eyes on the events they responded aggressively. Blizzard did this for China, and them saying otherwise is a straight lie.
I choose not to believe you. Because I choose to see the best in people now.

If you want to kill blizzard and make thousands of people loose their jobs and even more thousands of people loose their emotional support, then fine. But that’s not me.

Also. China is scary as **** and they don’t play around. I wouldn’t wanna mess with them unless they messed with me first, and even then I’d only do it from the safety of a nuclear fallout shelter.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So how this works is that I take a list of names from this thread and the discord server. I then pick a character and spin the wheel. If your name gets chosen for that character, you are that character. You have no control over this.

Going to SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 TheMightyP TheMightyP Will Will for their dedicated responses to my DQ shenanigans. Will, if I land on you, that character will be named Poopyhead instead of Will.

Tell me if you want to be in and I'll put you on the list. I will not assume otherwise. That goes for Mighty P and Will
Put me in as Mr. P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom