• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Here’s what I had for Bomberman’s specials:

Neutral: Bomb Lay-Lays down one bomb, he can attack it with his normal attacks to move it bouncing across the stage or press B to pick up and throw it, this method can break shields

Side: Bomb Kick-Kicks a bomb across the stage, can kick an existing bomb

Up: Ring Out-pulls put a bomb and lets it explode in his hands sending him upward, can influence the direction of the launch

Down: Soft Block-spawns a soft block that can be destroyed with a bomb, inside would be a power-up that can be picked up and knocked out of players:
3D8FDE84-9874-4408-A9EC-D5DA7C8A09F0.png -Speed
8ADE38B5-FDB0-4F41-831B-5492A9EF1D93.png -Attack power
A545D34E-0F08-4703-AE61-CF9C6BBC3308.png -Launch power

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm just rooting for at least two Nintendo characters. I'd prefer we get characters who have a short window of time to be considered, like the current FE or Pokemon characters, but I wouldn't complain if we got someone cool like Paper Mario or Dixie Kong.

I'm REALLY burnt out on third-parties though, and I know I'm probably in the minority for feeling that way.
Wait.... you actually WANT quick burn characters who will be forgotten as soon as the next installment comes out?

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Hard to believe how steep of an incline Blizzard is on right now. The chances of an OW character have gone kaput, despite the exec’s hopes and wishes.

Honestly, I think that’s for the best. Don’t want to get Sakurai and everyone else at SORA involved in this whole mess.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I'm just rooting for at least two Nintendo characters. I'd prefer we get characters who have a short window of time to be considered, like the current FE or Pokemon characters, but I wouldn't complain if we got someone cool like Paper Mario or Dixie Kong.

I'm REALLY burnt out on third-parties though, and I know I'm probably in the minority for feeling that way.
Same as me...
My wanted 1st Party reps are:
1. Poochy (Yoshi)
2. Bandanna Dee (Kirby)
3. Shake King (Wario)
4. Corviknight (Pokemon)
5. Titan Dweevil (Pikmin)

Poochy Ain't Stupid!
Bandanna Dee Spears the Point!

Shake King Plunders the Competition!

Corviknight Swoops into Battle!

Titan Dweevil Holds the 4 Elements!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here’s what I had for Bomberman’s specials:

Neutral: Bomb Lay-Lays down one bomb, he can attack it with his normal attacks to move it bouncing across the stage or press B to pick up and throw it, this method can break shields

Side: Bomb Kick-Kicks a bomb across the stage, can kick an existing bomb

Up: Ring Out-pulls put a bomb and lets it explode in his hands sending him upward, can influence the direction of the launch

Down: Soft Block-spawns a soft block that can be destroyed with a bomb, inside would be a power-up that can be picked up and knocked out of players:
View attachment 241729-Speed
View attachment 241728-Attack power
View attachment 241727-Launch power
Wouldn't mind Bomberman referencing Bomb. Hero by using a jetpack or whatnot for his up-b. Makes his moveset less about one thing. Otherwise, good stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Im hoping for Akira Howard and Edelgard Nintendo wise, those are the only two that I pretty much think got a good chance.

D

Deleted member

Imagine. November.

Terry's gameplay and accompanying costumes are revealed

Augumon or Kazuya get revealed as challenger 5

Hayabusa or Geno revealed as challenger 6.

DoomSlayer revealed as challenger 7 at the Game Awards.

Hype.

Profit.
Well if we were to get a Tekken character I stand firm in my opinion that it would be Heihachi first then Kazuya maybe second.

Geno would be amazing as always.

And Doomguy would be cool too.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
so have another fighting game character after a fighting game character?

i know we got hero after joker but damn
What's wrong with that? The genre really doesn't matter considering Joker came right before Hero (like you said) as long as the characters are interesting and unique. And Kazuya would be noting like Terry in terms of gameplay.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What's wrong with that? The genre really doesn't matter considering Joker came right before Hero (like you said) as long as the characters are interesting and unique. And Kazuya would be noting like Terry in terms of gameplay.
It's not exactly a breath of fresh air or however you put it. :nifty: It's just recycled air at that point. At least pick another genre.

D

Deleted member

Wait where's the hype part
Rude but ok.

Yeah I'm burnt out on third-party characters too not like I wouldn't be opposed to them but 5/7 of the most recent reveals have all been 3rd party so if we could get some more variety I would greatly appreciate it.
I know I'm not the only one who wants first-party DLC, but I'm probably the only one who won't even buy Ultimate unless there's first-party DLC.
I won't buy any of the post-FP DLC if there aren't some first parties if that counts. or y'know Geno.. I'd take that.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs I just finished "Dalek", and it was my favourite episode so far. I knew very little about the Daleks going in (my main exposure was through a cameo in the Lego Batman movie, of all things), but Christopher Eccleston's acting really got their threat across, as well as the sheer hatred between the Doctor and the Daleks. (also, the alien collector reminded me a lot of J. Jonah Jameson, though with more power/influence)
The collector also gets sweet comeuppance which was nice. I like how his assistant and the doctor were on the same wavelength which helped them get out alive... unfortunately, not without casualties.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
right now
You're back!

Welcome home!

Super deep cut reference to my past there.
It's not exactly a breath of fresh air or however you put it. :nifty: It's just recycled air at that point. At least pick another genre.
I meant getting so many reveals so quickly would be a breath of fresh air compared to the agonizing drip feed they've been giving us.

And remember, I said Augumon OR Kazuya.

Also, nobody way complaining about Hero because Joker was the last character. Because they play differently and have different aesthetics. The genre DOESN'T matter.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Im hoping for Akira Howard and Edelgard Nintendo wise, those are the only two that I pretty much think got a good chance.
Not entirely sure about Astral Chain. It seems like it has more in store for the future, which is more than enough for Nintendo to want to add a character, but it's also so young that I'm not entirely convinced it's ready for a character. Not even Splatoon got in Smash that quickly.

I can agree on a Three Houses rep though. I also think a SwSh Pokemon is another strong contender, though I couldn't tell you who's most likely. Popularity and fan demand has never had never helped us before with Pokemon, except for maybe Mewtwo, who was already planned for 64 anyway.

I don't think choosing the same genre for the following character matters that much as long as the character is nothing like its predecessor, like Joker and Hero.

That being said, I feel like fist and kick fighting games offer the least amount of variety, so I have plenty of reason to worry about Kazuya feeling a little bland because Terry came right before him.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The collector also gets sweet comeuppance which was nice. I like how his assistant and the doctor were on the same wavelength which helped them get out alive... unfortunately, not without casualties.
The episode also included a head that the Doctor clearly had a history with. I looked it up and found out that it was a Cyberman. Not sure what the difference is between Daleks and Cybermen, but looking into that led me to this scene.

Didn't really answer my question, but it was entertaining.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not entirely sure about Astral Chain. It seems like it has more in store for the future, which is more than enough for Nintendo to want to add a character, but it's also so young that I'm not entirely convinced it's ready for a character. Not even Splatoon got in Smash that quickly.

I can agree on a Three Houses rep though. I also think a SwSh Pokemon is another strong contender, though I couldn't tell you who's most likely. Popularity and fan demand has never had never helped us before with Pokemon, except for maybe Mewtwo, who was already planned for 64 anyway.

I don't think choosing the same genre for the following character matters that much as long as the character is nothing like its predecessor, like Joker and Hero.

That being said, I feel like fist and kick fighting games offer the least amount of variety, so I have plenty of reason to worry about Kazuya feeling a little bland because Terry came right before him.
I see enough variation between the two to justify it.

One is an American street brawler from a meter heavy tag fighter with losts of fancy energy moves

The other is a megalomaniacle Japanese CEO who can turn into Satan.

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
My hopes are we get one more 3rd party to wrap up the FP, then we get another fighter pass to end the DLC with all 1st party, or semi-first party characters (e.g. Geno or a Sonic rep).

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Blizzard out here citing "core values" lmao
You don't have any values whatsoever if you're trying to obstruct support for people fighting for their rights.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
You don't have any values whatsoever if you're trying to obstruct support for people fighting for their rights.
Literally no-one believes their statement, which I find hilarious.

"Every voice matters, but China money matters most"

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Wouldn't mind Bomberman referencing Bomb. Hero by using a jetpack or whatnot for his up-b. Makes his moveset less about one thing. Otherwise, good stuff.
Could also see him using Vic Viper’s special ability from SBR for his recovery, though I just think the getting blown up thing is funnier.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Wait what....

NONE of those characters are hype for you? Even vicariously?

Who do you want then?
Phoenix Wright, Akira Howard, Lara Croft, Master Chief, Solaire, Harvest Moon, and Dixie/Funky Kong would be up my alley.
I would be interested in Heihachi, Layton, Crash, and a Mortal Kombat character...but I cannot say I would be super hype about them. Just cool enough.

But from your list I would be fine with Hayabusa. Kazuya's inferior to Heihachi but eh i guess it would do. Not a fan at all of Geno, and I am lukewarm to Doomslayer.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
The episode also included a head that the Doctor clearly had a history with. I looked it up and found out that it was a Cyberman. Not sure what the difference is between Daleks and Cybermen, but looking into that led me to this scene.

Didn't really answer my question, but it was entertaining.
Here's the difference:

Daleks are emotional. Their emotions involve rage, anger, and bloodlust.

Cybermen, on the other hand, have NO emotions. They are emotionless and are programmed to kill without feeling literally anything.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Phoenix Wright, Akira Howard, Lara Croft, Master Chief, Solaire, Harvest Moon, and Dixie/Funky Kong would be up my alley.
I would be interested in Heihachi, Layton, Crash, and a Mortal Kombat character...but I cannot say I would be super hype about them. Just cool enough.

But from your list I would be fine with Hayabusa. Kazuya's inferior to Heihachi but eh i guess it would do. Not a fan at all of Geno, and I am lukewarm to Doomslayer.
I'm fine with Heihachi, I just think Kazuya has more potential for a more interesting moveset with the whole devil form thing.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

I have been thinking about the possibility of 1st Party characters being DLC, and had the stance of at least 2 or more as well. Been leaning towards Akira from Astral Chain and a Rhythm Heaven character who's not a spirit (as of before & now, I'm definitely of the stance that Spirits do deconfirm) like Marshall or Tibby, under the impression of the DLC only consisting of characters from new series. I honestly don't see/want a Gen 8 Pokemon or a character from FE: Three Houses for DLC, Chrom & Incineroar simply serve that purpose fine enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom