• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

They sure love delaying the Detective Pikachu graphic novel.

Originally scheduled for July 23, they changed it to August, then October 29, and now it's November 26.

Sounds like a cancel is eminent.
Whatever happened to the ARMS one?
The ID requirement was around long before the current controversy: https://www.reddit.com/r/Blizzard/comments/ac534s/why_must_i_give_my_id_just_to_delete_my_account/

It seems like an unnecessary creepy/predatory method for deleting an account, given how easily that information could be misused.
If anything this issue at least was brought to the public's eye with this controversy, hadn't heard anything before this but it seems pretty ****ty when you didn't need one to set up an account.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The ID requirement was around long before the current controversy: https://www.reddit.com/r/Blizzard/comments/ac534s/why_must_i_give_my_id_just_to_delete_my_account/

It seems like an unnecessary creepy/predatory (for the lack of a better word - at the absolute least, it seems ethically questionable) requirement for deleting an account, given how easily that information could be misused.
I think its the fact its the ONLY option now. There probably was other way to prove that is you but now the only way is apparently ID because each picture I saw it says pick one of the options Below in the only option is the ID

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
I think its the fact its the ONLY option now. There probably was another way to prove that is you but now the only way is apparently ID because each picture I saw it says pick one of the options below in the only option is the ID
This is far beyond being even remotely ethically good. How is this even close to being legal? I would not be surprised if Blizzard ends up getting sued.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
This is far beyond being even remotely ethically good. How is this even close to being legal? I would not be surprised if Blizzard ends up getting sued.
Now this brings up this question, If Blizzard has always asked for your ID, WHY havent they gotten in trouble for that before because Im pretty sure that is very illigal

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
"Man falsely accused of 2019 bank robbery released from prison almost 30 years later. Investigators believe his identity was stolen after deleting Blizzard account."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It seems that Marvel (or at least Marvel Studios) also had to mess parts of Doctor Strange involving the Ancient One to satisfy the Chinese Goverment.

I will try to do more research on this topic, because I may have to boycott them too.

D

Deleted member

Whenever I scroll through YT and see that one MatPat vid with my fanart, it catches me off guard, not gonna lie.

Last edited by a moderator:

MainJPW

M.T.A
It seems that Marvel (or at least Marvel Studios) also had to mess parts of Doctor Strange involving the Ancient One to satisfy the Chinese Goverment.

I will try to do more research on this topic, because I may have to boycott them too.
You're going to boycott Marvel Studios because of a race change?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I can imagine Blizzard selling them to the Chinese government
This is probably my guess as well. Considering the current controversy and how people are deleting their accounts in protest against Blizzard's stance with Hong Kong, Blizzard will probably take these IDs and sell them to the Chinese government so they'll be put in a black list. If these individuals ever visit China they'll probably either be barred out or put in surveillance.

D

Deleted member

LOL I just found out Annoying Orange used my fanart as well. Did not expect that one.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
My first question would be how are you handling the idea of Link's different incarnations?
Each version gets invited individually to whatever game he’s in for that specific involvement. In Brawl, the Twilight Princess version wasn’t invited, in Ultimate it was BoTW etc etc. I guess that technically means I have to do TP and BoTW ones for Link in addition to OoT (young and Adult) and Wind Waker.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Boycotting them over that is pretty pointless, but ok.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
dbq7lc4-29df4018-513e-4d51-a97f-f2ece5235948.jpg

Here's Buff Dedede riding the Metroid car from Rocket League wielding axe along with the BFG 9000 from Doom, with shirtless Mario holding a Splat Brella and a handbag, two red-blue skeleton guys riding Azurda, and some Minecraft blocks with Snip and Clip on the car wheels.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Spending my morning in absolute dread because tomorrow, I have work, which means I have to face up reality again instead of living quietly in my troll hoard of a room. And yes, be careful what you touch in here. Mostly because my window broke awhile back and I still haven't found all the glass pieces. I wouldn't want anyone to cut themselves and get blood in my carpet.

Anyways, its gonna start getting boring where I live because tourism dies around the winter time, so I'm basically gonna walk into work, stare at a register all day that every time I work there taunts me with its touch screen and state of the art, "I can't read a ****ing chip", and then get paid.

It might be someone's wet dream to get paid for standing around, but I prefer to be doing something with my time, because it helps time pass along. Fortunatly, standing around is one of my professions. It not one of my most favorite professions, but I can do it better than most.

But that's there, not here. Here, I can just sit around and play video games, watch YouTube, and eat food all at the same time.

Beautiful.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Here's Buff Dedede riding the Metroid car from Rocket League wielding axe along with the BFG 9000 from Doom, with shirtless Mario holding a Splat Brella and a handbag, two red-blue skeleton guys riding a creature, and some Minecraft blocks with Snip and Clip on the car wheels.
The red and blue skeleton guys are from Morphies Law and they're riding Azurda from Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
View attachment 241532
Here's Buff Dedede riding the Metroid car from Rocket League wielding axe along with the BFG 9000 from Doom, with shirtless Mario holding a Splat Brella and a handbag, two red-blue skeleton guys riding a creature, and some Minecraft blocks with Snip and Clip on the car wheels.
...but why tho?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
tumblr_inline_poqpf0AePA1rubupo_1280.png

Here's Kirby hugging Keeby and Kaby who he hadn't seen for a long time. (Keeby first appeared in Dream Course, while Kaby first appeared in Air Ride.) Note: Kaby is my fan name for the red Kirby.

D

Deleted member

Someone tell the google agent spying on me to stop giving me netbook ads, I already bought it, you're just proving your algorithm sucks.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Back from shopping and stuff.

How is everyone?
Just finished with a little maintenance on the press. Nothing exciting so far.

Here's Kirby hugging Keeby and Kaby who he hadn't seen for a long time. (Keeby first appeared in Dream Course, while Kaby first appeared in Air Ride.) Note: Kaby is my fan name for the red Kirby.
It didn't work out too well as an avatar, I see.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Here's Buff Dedede riding the Metroid car from Rocket League wielding axe along with the BFG 9000 from Doom, with shirtless Mario holding a Splat Brella and a handbag, two red-blue skeleton guys riding Azurda, and some Minecraft blocks with Snip and Clip on the car wheels.
6/10, doesn't have Joker from Persona 5

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Not going to lie, I’m not sure how I feel about Nintendo’s lineup this year

Sure, I love Mario Maker 2. But everything else?

I still think that Sword/Shield looks like a dumpster fire, I’m not a fan of Fire Emblem, I’m not in a rush to drop $60 on essentially a 30 year old game with updated graphics, and I’ve already made my feelings known about Astral Chain.

Only one I’m really looking forward to is Luigi’s Mansion 3. Other than that, this year hasn’t really done much for me aside from those two games (SMM2 and most likely LM3)

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

I still think that Sword/Shield looks like a dumpster fire, I’m not a fan of Fire Emblem, I’m not in a rush to drop $60 on essentially a 30 year old game with updated graphics, and I’ve already made my feelings known about Astral Chain.

Only one I’m really looking forward to is Luigi’s Mansion 3. Other than that, this year hasn’t really done much for me aside from those two games (SMM2 and most likely LM3)
Well ****, if only this year had a game where you played a lizard riding in a paper mache dog

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Thats understandable, The only outstanding games I saw personaly was DQB2 and DQXI and maybe Luigis mansion.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
LM3 looks good. Haven't touched the countless material released for the game because that's a game that's out soon and I really don't wamna spoil myself.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wasn't Bendy and the Ink Machine kind of like that? Or was that like a straight horror game?
I haven’t played it but I thought that was a horro game too.
"Man falsely accused of 2019 bank robbery released from prison almost 30 years later. Investigators believe his identity was stolen after deleting Blizzard account."
Should have used this picture:
1570726918374.jpeg

Considering the context is that his identity was stolen this works just as well lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom