• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
eh, i wouldnt want gooigi

not until we get dr. luigi :nifty:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Nah, I am personally fine with the way loops are in the games.
That's great, but I'm just saying they don't have to be automated. Much rather they scrap the splines all together and give the player full control.

Islands from SAGE is yet another example that proves you don't need automation on shuttle loops especially if you have the camera work that accommodates for these actions.

The camera work in Project Hero isn't as refined but you can still go through loops just fine without adding a spline to guide the player.

The thing I don't understand is when players ask to be in control of what they're playing why would you then go "Nah, automation is fine"? Loops can absolutely work without the automation, I want to actually play the game not watch a movie.

Automation makes sense for certain loops like the ones in SA1, 2, Heroes and 06 but that's because they're gigantic, loops in the Mega Drive games weren't that big and they don't have to be.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright, let's change the subject:
What's the most obscure, weird, or odd character that you would want in Smash?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
That's great, but I'm just saying they don't have to be automated. Much rather they scrap the splines all together give the player full control.

Islands from SAGE is yet another example that proves you don't need automation on shuttle loops especially if you have the camera work that accommodates for these actions.

The camera work in Project Hero isn't as refined but you can still go through loops just fine without adding a spline to guide the player.

The thing I don't understand is when players ask to be in control of what they're playing why would you then go "Nah, automation is fine"? Loops can absolutely work without the automation, I want to actually play the game not watch a movie.

Automation makes sense for certain loops like the ones in SA1, 2, Heroes and 06 but that's because they're gigantic, loops in the Mega Drive games weren't that big and they don't have to be.
Oooooh...

I still like the cinematicness of modern loops, but I must be honest, even I have found the automation to be quite, well, highly unnecessary. I mean, there may be a few possible vertigo or disorientation issues or whatever here, but in those pictures you showed, they do look quite small to be able to pull off. I am fine, either way, but I do think Sonic Team COULD try giving the player a bit more control. Wouldn't hurt, right?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know your Looney Tunes series is dope as hell when Tom Jones sings the intro:

D

Deleted member

I still wish we could have a Luigi’s Mansion game with a Poltergust fitted Mario as player 2. I’d love to see how Next Level Games handles cutscenes between those two in that kind of scenario.
Reading this really makes me miss the old Game Cube Mario sport cutscenes and especially the humorous takes on those:
Granted, this one's Camelot, though NLG did make the two strikers games.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Reading this really makes me miss the old Game Cube Mario sport cutscenes and especially the humorous takes on those:

Granted, this one's Camelot, though NLG did make the two strikers games.
NGL and Camelot put so much personality into these games.

(And tbh they’re the only ones affiliated with Nintendo that actually care about Waluigi...)

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
To all the whiners complaining about Ash's win in the Alolan League not counting:

D

Deleted member

To all the whiners complaining about Ash's win in the Alolan League not counting:
This reminds me of that scene in Terminator 2 where T-800 saves child Connor from the other robot with his riffle hidden inside a box of roses.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
He seems to like changing the subject.

Talk about ghost bustin plumber, I’m all ears.
okay so

why the **** does he have a plunger like its rayman's raving rabbids

MainJPW

M.T.A
A bit more evidence that DBFZ miiiiight be getting a Season 3.

youtube.com/watch?v=8Qw29-L_ReY

I don't know who'd be in the season though. Kefla seems super likely, but that was also the case for Season 2. Maybe we'll see Pikkon too.
If lack of flight is what hurts Roshi's chances then give me Pikkon. Kefla and Toppo are probably the most likely, people have been asking for Raditz too.

D

Deleted member

okay so

why the **** does he have a plunger like its rayman's raving rabbids
Donald did it before it was cool. Even having three different ones.

On that note, it's a pretty good, albeit short game. Would recommend if you've got an afternoon to kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom