• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Alright now that I've had a little time to sit and think about the Direct, some thoughts:

• I truly loathe Leon's design. Can't wait for him to be evil somehow.
  • I'm now team Sobble because it'd be a sin to not let a dude named "Hop" have the bunny pokemon.
  • I'm confused. Are wild pokemon roaming where we can see them or is it random encounter? I saw both. Hope it's an on/off option.
  • These are probably the worst legendary designs they've made. I genuinely dislike them.
  • Four player co-op sounds fantastic, but I'm worried people will constantly drop out if the dynamax pokemon is random encounter. They said some pokemon will only be catchable after you catch their dynamax version, and I can see impatient people leaving any lobby that doesn't have the specific rare pokemon they're looking for.
  • Sneasel confirmed. :215:
I actually kinda like the legendaries.

AND you switched to Sobble Squad?

1559753204235.jpeg

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
“How many of these things are there?”

“822, and counting.”

Godzilla noises

FD82E7C1-4F8B-4A11-B4D4-AC2A6EF70FFB.png

Last edited by a moderator:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ok, OK, I'm going to edit my post.

*edit the post with spoiler tag*

Alright, think I'm good-

*your post was edited by the mods*

:drifloon:

OK, that's kinda of funny I was faster than the mods on that one , but....

Plz don't infract me, I follow the rules, I swear.
:ultgreninja:'d

It's been a few hours since the Direct so your post was just a good way to call attention to everyone. If you're worried make sure to re-read the OP rules/use the Preview feature before posting to double check.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Verge was the only one shouting Incineroar during Grinch era. It's possible for only one guy to spearhead a character.

It's funny because I'm kind of with you. Banjo's been dead for so long to where I can't see them in a modern game now.
Verge didn't actually name a specific pokemon until everyone else mentioned Incineroar iirc. All he said was "A Sun and Moon Pokemon"

Speaking of Pokemon I'm 8 minutes in the direct and holy **** Game Freak is actually taking effort?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
1559753410935.png

honestly it dont look too bad

its obvs gotta have an evolution of some type tho

might pair with grookey

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
:ultgreninja:'d

It's been a few hours since the Direct so your post was just a good way to call attention to everyone. If you're worried make sure to re-read the OP rules/use the Preview feature before posting to double check.
Wait, it is possible to :ultgreninja:'d a mod when it come to editing a mod?

...I'm not sure if I should feel proud of myself or not on this one....

And I think I be fine....well, I hope, because sometime, I make one post too many.:lol:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
When you see the skies turning red and get hyped for a Dynamax raid but is just Shinji ****ing up everything again
images (12).jpeg

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yo, that Pokemon Direct was dope as ****. Are random encounters actually gone? For real? Thank God!

This Direct made the game look WAY better than the first time.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yo, that Pokemon Direct was dope as ****. Are random encounters actually gone? For real? Thank God!

This Direct made the game look WAY better than the first time.
They might still be in. Willd Area seems to be a singular changing plane as opposed to a complete replacement for routes.

D

Deleted member

Please use collapse tags/regular links when posting large images/media
Well would ya look at what arrived at my house today? My first 2 amiibos!
5390F1F0-090B-487F-9FBA-270CB6781045.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Verge didn't actually name a specific pokemon until everyone else mentioned Incineroar iirc. All he said was "A Sun and Moon Pokemon"

Speaking of Pokemon I'm 8 minutes in the direct and holy **** Game Freak is actually taking effort?
Yeah, but he deconfirmed Decidueye weeks before revealing Incineroar, which is pretty ballsy of him to do considering he was the most wanted Gen 7 starter.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
drednaw looks cool but it's water/rock and man that is gonna suck for the grass type gym

im a sucker for turtle pokemon tho

1559753607030.png

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also Leon is gonna be a secret jack ***. Watch.

That plot twist is coming from a mile away.

Love and adored by the general public? Check.
Younger brother you are connected to that wants to be just like him? Check.

Leon's a ****.
I mean, Alder and Diantha were also very transparent with their "Champion with great publicity" type of fame, and they were played straight.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
so what do you guys think is gonna happen a year after this game comes out? will it be:

A.) A 3rd Game
B.) A meaningful sequel like B2W2
C.) Absolutely nothing
D.) Ultra Sword Ultra Shield you wasted 70 dollars hah buy our game again for the true experience sucker, exclusive pokemon only here baby!!
E.) Complaints about no Gen 4 remake yet

D

Deleted member

so what do you guys think is gonna happen a year after this game comes out? will it be:

A.) A 3rd Game
C.) Absolutely nothing
D.) Ultra Sword Ultra Shield you wasted 70 dollars hah buy our game again for the true experience sucker, exclusive pokemon only here baby!!
Give me Mystery Dungeon or give me death

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

A.) A 3rd Game
C.) Absolutely nothing
Ultra Heart Gold and Ultra Soul Silver, completely bypassing Diamond and Pearl.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Yeah the Leon thing seems sus - knowing he's the champion from the start and not doing any kind of twist with it would be weird

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

A.) A 3rd Game
C.) Absolutely nothing
I'm thinking it'll be about that time for a Gen 4 remake.

Call it a pattern, but Gen 3=1, Gen 4=2, Gen 6=3, so Gen 8=4. Stupid, but it makes some sense in my head. Come next year (November?) it'll be just over 14 years since DP game out in Japan.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i might replay HGSS for the wait of sword/shield

still heavily reluctant on buying it though. even though it seems fun i smell something fishy from game freak that'll force me to do the same **** they did with USUM while i'm over here with my clearly inferior regular copy of Moon which i ****ing 100%'d the pokedex for nothing god dammit i will always be salty about that stunt it made me so mad

Yeah the Leon thing seems sus - knowing he's the champion from the start and not doing any kind of twist with it would be weird
i don't think they ever had a twist that wasn't with Gen 7

because Gen 7 never really had a standard gym system

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I hope Corviknight is like Skarmory in terms of bulk but with more power.

I really want it to be an offensive tank.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
how will the wolves even play a part in the story though

"yeah im just gonna take the sword from its mouth and **** **** up you know what im sayin"

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
  • Four player co-op sounds fantastic, but I'm worried people will constantly drop out if the dynamax pokemon is random encounter. They said some pokemon will only be catchable after you catch their dynamax version, and I can see impatient people leaving any lobby that doesn't have the specific rare pokemon they're looking for.
I'm more concerned about the fact that only one person gets to dynamax per raid.

Tell me there won't be some madman maxing a Magikarp in the middle of the melee.

UnuzUUA-1.jpg

Tell me I won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom