• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Actually, no, I wasn't talking about the one about the "female fighting game character" rumor. That one was squashed awhile back.

The one I'm referring to comes from /v/, and while I don't actually believe it, it's incredibly interesting that it shows up now, out of nowhere. It was literally a random user who dropped a post with an image of the Nintendo logo and said, "The next fighter is a female character that nobody asked for. People will be confused at the addition". Obviously, the comment is incredibly vague and can mean anything.

Granted, there really isn't enough to go on to say, "Yeah, I'm thinking she's in" or anything like that, I just think it's hype that it's even a potential pick.
A female nobody asked for...?

Yup. It’s Elma Time.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Was it from anybody reliable?
Nope. /v/ is, like the rest of 4chan, entirely anonymous unless you give yourself a tag (iirc). The leaker didn't state their name, which is expected. Like I said, I don't actually think it will end up being anything substantial, but the possibility is really, really cool.

It will also be, yet again, a moment in Smash speculation where the fanbase gets BTFO, if real. I love the Smash fanbase, but I also love when amazing picks that were originally cast aside make it in.

I mean, I think Tracer would be great. She's newer, but she's a gaming icon in her own right, and could bring in quite a bit of unique gameplay. Plus, if it's a budding partnership with Blizzard for Overwatch in Switch, then I can totally see it.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
> Sees Overwatch Switch case getting leaked
> Sees "leaks" that say "a female character that nobody asked for is the next Smash character"

Me: View attachment 235699

Bruh, if Tracer somehow gets added to Smash, I'm SUPER down.
Which leak was that? The one about the female with the projectile?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
ngl

tracer is the very definition of "characters you wouldn't normally expect to see in smash bros", yet with OW switch she's in the running

wild

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Never played Overwatch before and don't really have any interest in doing so, but Tracer in Smash is something I'd be okay with. She's definitely iconic enough at this point.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I have my doubts that Tracer will be in Smash, especially since this Overwatch thing just came up, many months after the Fighter's Pass was finalized.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Tracer would have a lot of gameplay shenanigans thanks to her timetravel. Rewind to before you were sent flying and then get them back for example

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
ngl

tracer is the very definition of "characters you wouldn't normally expect to see in smash bros", yet with OW switch she's in the running

wild
Tracer is one of my favorite Overwatch characters, and since I'm an Overwatch nerd this being a possibility now excites me a lot.

D

Deleted member

Oh? It does? Could’ve sworn it used up more than that. My bad.
Kamikazee is cheap as Hell. If you're want to kamikazee for the Hell of it, blow away all of your magic, and then spam down b. It'll be the first option if it shows up.

Also Teeb147 Teeb147 Gentlepanda Gentlepanda , I got Dragon Quest 1 for Androids. I'm taking name suggestions for the hero. I trust both of you will provide great names.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Kamikazee is cheap as Hell. If you're want to kamikazee for the Hell of it, blow away all of your magic, and then spam down b. It'll be the first option if it shows up.

Also Teeb147 Teeb147 Gentlepanda Gentlepanda , I got Dragon Quest 1 for Androids. I'm taking name suggestions for the hero. I trust both of you will provide great names.
Herosumi is Panda's suggestion

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Even if the leak was real (and let's be serious, we don't have much reason to believe it is), it's still one big giant leap to a conclusion to assume it's Tracer.

A "female character that would confuse people" is just as vague as something like, I dunno, a black bird on a roof.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Even if the leak was real (and let's be serious, we don't have much reason to believe it is), it's still one big giant leap to a conclusion to assume it's Tracer.

A "female character that would confuse people" is just as vague as something like, I dunno, a black bird on a roof.
Only way that makes sense to me is if it's because she is (Imagine the following text is bass boosted) PAinfuLLY CockNey

i.e. Cor blimey, stone the crows!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
At least we got an "leak"/"rumor" to talk about for the time being although its probably likely fake anyways and will quickly pass on.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Overwatch on the Switch? Pretty cool. Or maybe "Overwatch 2", the supposed PvE-heavy rumoured game. That'd also be cool.

Tracer in Smash? Maybe, maybe not. Seems unlikely, but is definitely possible when looking at Joker and Eleven/Luminary.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Wouldn't care less at this point if Tracer is true. Everyone else I want like Doom Slayer, Phoenix Wright, Nightmare, Crash and such is just icing on cake at this point since I got my three most wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom