• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>a girl nobody asked for

Well considering how much shade is thrown at Overwatch these days, Tracer fits that hint perfectly.

Even if it's not at all true. Lmao

Ivander

Smash Legend
Now that I'm thinking about it, if Overwatch does come to the Switch, I wonder about the possibility of Nintendo skins for Overwatch Switch. Cause I can see so many people wanting Pharah to get a Samus Aran costume.

D

Deleted member

"A female character that no one asked for? That can only mean one thing: This female character that I and several other people have asked for!"
Tbh, Edelgard's fan list was practically zilch until TH came out. People went from not wanting more Fire Emblem to "Put my favorite TH lord in Smash" almost meteorically.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Depending on the opinion of the guy who made the 4chan post, it could be any of the less-popular female characters.
case in point: baboom leak

every character on the planet is trash/garbage/something nobody asked for in the eyes of the cynical /v/poster

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, about Tracer, please. If there is a Blizzard character, it should be a World of Warcraft character, by which I mean,,,

LEEROOOOOOY...JENKINNNNNNS!

Joke aside, I guess Tracer wouldn't be bad, but something on the Switch Overwatch related does not mean she, or any character in that game will necessarily get in.

D

Deleted member

Is Overwatch still relevant? I've heard how people stopped liking it after several updates.

D

Deleted member

Guess leaks involving Tracer from Overwatch being in Smash will be a thing now that an Overwatch-themed Switch case was just released. If leaks do show up, my money is on the leaks saying that she'll be announced during Blizzcon lol.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I still think you are being too optimistic with this whole Overwatch thing. Plus, let me remind you that things that came up with for characters from other games, people thought that they meant that character would get into Smash for advertising reasons, which turned out not true. Several instances with Crash Bandicoot, with N. Sane Trilogy and maybe Nitro Fueled, for example. This Overwatch stuff that came up doesn't mean they will get in, or be chosen by the executives themselves.
I don’t think you understand what I’m saying so...

D

Deleted member

new hero's trailer got 6.3 million views in a month so it's still kicking
Sounds good. I never played Overwatch but I love ots charactwr designs. All of them scream personality and are diverse in a way thay doesn't feel forced. Great ****.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don’t think you understand what I’m saying so...
I think I do, but to be sure, please, tell me more. Then again, it is probably not because I don't understand, it is probably because I disagree.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Clearly it's actually Saber Artoria with an Astolfo spirit that evolves into the strongest spirit, Astolfo Bean

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think I do, but to be sure, please, tell me more. Then again, it is probably not because I don't understand, it is probably because I disagree.
Your acting like you think I’m saying tracer is in but I’m not, and you didn’t seem to really consider how blizzard operates or how a character would be chosen.

D

Deleted member

If Sakurai or Nintendo want Nakoruru, this doesn't mean the producer or whoever would say no.

Unless you mean he would've broken NDA, but idk.
I didn’t say they would want her instead of her it’s just the timing when he said it. It was in November

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually now I’m curious, any leaks that had our lineup, have tracer in them? I don’t think they would be real but it be fun to read just to see what their other character on there is

Ivander

Smash Legend
Is Overwatch still relevant? I've heard how people stopped liking it after several updates.
It's still relevant and popular. I mean, according to the Overwatch League viewership, there were 13 million viewers watching. That's far from not relevant. Just because people aren't talking about it as much as they did back then, doesn't mean it's not relevant.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have 0 doubts in my mind that this means Tracer will indeed come to Smash Bros... Sike. It's totally not Tracer in Smash in-fact at most I can see it being an Overwatch port to the Switch. Nothing else.

Overwatch is still a decently popular game with a large chunk of active players and I could see Blizzard wanting to bring in new players who haven't bought the game yet which could be people who have a Switch as I for one have not played Overwatch at all even though I would like to try it someday. I can totally see this being an Overwatch port but nothing else.

No Tracer in Smash and for that "Female rep in Smash lmao" I'll continue to doubt anything that doesn't come from Sabi or her sources. It's fake until confirmed otherwise.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well, would you look at that...some actual Tracer discussion.

I feel like her abilities would fit Smash perfectly, but I wonder how you balance that...like, if her Down B would be Rewind, does that restore health? Does it just take her back to where she was a few seconds prior? Does that make recovery a non-issue for her? What about her blinks?

She'd be "Cooldown: The Character". But like I said, she's great! Absolutely great pick.

To be honest though, what makes me doubt Tracer is simply this: Music. You can only remix the Overwatch theme so much until it's...literally the same track for all 15 picks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom