• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
4 months on and i'm still wondering if we'll get another DLC character that comes close to having this level of attention to detail

View attachment 235690
I'm wondering what the next step will be after
  • PP update corrupting saves
  • Joker update crashing servers
  • Hero possibly being banned from tournaments because of Thwack

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh that’s easy, it’s Banjo-Kazooie bricking your whole damn Switch. :troll:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Going on the battlefield doesn't count as leaving your room?

Also, she does get out of her room sometime in the monastery, rarely yes, but it's there, she notably come out
to give flowers on Jeralt grave.
Which say alot about her imo.
So does Bernie though, when Jeralt dies, for example.
Yeah I got to that part, nice of her to do that buuut I still dont like her

R O F L

Smash Ace
I don't understand the question.
The actor died, so why haven't they killer her off like they did with Han instead of doing the weird CGI stuff?
She hasn't been very crucial to the story so far, so it honestly feels like a waste of time and money to keep her in.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
The Switch sees the return of the Red Ring of Death
Ah ha I get it, cause Banjo belongs to Rare, and Rare belongs to Microsoft, and Microsoft owns XBox...

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I don't really like Bernadetta either but I haven't had much experience with her yet

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
The actor died, so why haven't they killer her off like they did with Han instead of doing the weird CGI stuff?
She hasn't been very crucial to the story so far, so it honestly feels like a waste of time and money to keep her in.
iirc her appearance in ep 9 is just using recycled unused footage from ep 7

still feels a bit weird making bank off a dead woman's image in marketing tho

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
They're not doing any "weird CGI stuff" with Leia, they're going to use unused scenes shot for the last 2 movies (or maybe just TFA), she most likely won't have a huge role in the film.
As for why didn't they just kill her off? I certainly wouldn't have wanted them to just go "Leia died on her way back to her home planet" offscreen, that doesn't seem right.

Although I will say, I think I would have preferred it if Leia did the lightspeed jump through the Star Destroyer instead of Holdo, but then we would have lost out on the Luke and Leia moment later.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

that sounds like its going to be jarring and awful tbh

I've liked the new star wars movies so far but I don't have high hopes for this one

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Banjo-Kazooie update instantly bricking all Switches that connect to the internet, regardless of whether or not the owner even has Smash.

Last edited:

R O F L

Smash Ace
They're not doing any "weird CGI stuff" with Leia, they're going to use unused scenes shot for the last 2 movies (or maybe just TFA), she most likely won't have a huge role in the film.
As for why didn't they just kill her off? I certainly wouldn't have wanted them to just go "Leia died on her way back to her home planet" offscreen, that doesn't seem right.

Although I will say, I think I would have preferred it if Leia did the lightspeed jump through the Star Destroyer instead of Holdo, but then we would have lost out on the Luke and Leia moment later.

They didn't use CGI stuff? Huh....
I thought they did Leia in episode 8 like how they did Tarkin in Rogue One...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The Inevitable Banjo Crash In A Nutshell: Banjo jumps from a plane, onto your precious Nintendo Switch system while Kazooie lounges from afar.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't really like Bernadetta either but I haven't had much experience with her yet
She gets significantly better after the timeskip/in her A supports.

During the five years when Edelgard took over, she basically placed Bernie's father under house arrest. Bernadetta then goes from unkempt, neurotic, paranoid, malnourished, and agoraphobic to actually being able to hold conversations, and her growth spurt implies she's physically healthier too. She still isn't completely "cured," but she grows a lot. It helps that her abuser can't harm her anymore at that point.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
All caught up on DCEU aside from Shazam.

My brain is fried.
From watching all those movies or from trying to understand what in the world is going on in them?

So the new Blue's Clues trailer is out
Nostalgia inducing btw, at least it will be for those who grew up with it.
Ahh man. I remember carrying my Handy Dandy Notebook everywhere when I was a little kid... Good times.

Anyway, I'm finally settled at college, so I probably be on here more consistently now.

Also got BBTAG last week for my Bday so I've been playing that for a little bit. Got my team (well, my starting team) and I've enjoyed the game thus far.

Also got Mario Odyssey too but I know once I start playing that, I'm gonna dump like 200+ hours into it w/o playing anything else, so I'm saving that for later.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m in the waiting room at the doctor’s and there’s this kid who’s obsessed with dinosaurs and dragons next to me.

He’s just like I was when I was his age, it’s adorable.

I recommend the How to train your Dragon movies to him and his dad. I hope I just made a new fan.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
You could for Samurott as it can go biped temporary and is capable of wielding swords, so it should be able to grab items and opponents. Lugia would be hard though, I agree.
Fair enough, regardless some Pokémon would be much easier to work with for a Smash-style moveset then others. I have ideas for a Smash-like Pokémon game myself and I’ve taken that into consideration with my roster:
Gen I:
Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Machamp, Gengar, Meowth, Alakazam, Mewtwo.
Gen II:
Feraligatr, Typhosion, Scizor, Heracross, Granbull, Ampharos, Tyranitar, Entei.
Gen III:
Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Gardevoir, Flygon, Metagross, Aggron, Deoxys.
Gen IV:
Empoleon, Infernape, Lucario, Garchomp, Weavile, Toxicroak, Roserade, Darkrai.
Gen V:
Oshawott, Zoroark, Darmanitan, Golurk, Hydreigon, Haxorus, Meloetta, Genesect.
Gen VI:
Greninja, Braixen, Hawlucha, Noivern, Florges, Pangoro, Aegislash, Goodra,
Gen VII:
Incineroar, Decidueye, Bewear, Salazzle, Golisopod, Mimikyu, Tapu Koko, Pheromosa.
Gen VIII: Corviknight, Obstagoon?,

Extended:
Pikachu and Eevee.

Other fighters I’m considering:

Snorlax, Hitmonlee, Dragonite, Sandslash, Rhyhorn, Nidoking,
Azumarill, Blissey, Quagsire, Suicine, Raikou,
Mawile, Sableye, Cacturne, Absol, Breloom,
Lopunny, Gallade, Rhyperior, Luxray, Abomasnow, Electivire,
Emboar, Scrafty, Bisharp, Mienshao, Krookodile, Archeops, Excadrill
Chesnaught, Heliolisk, Hoopa,
Primarina, Zeraora, Alolan Marowak, Marshadow, Poipole,
Melmetal

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
You could for Samurott as it can go biped temporary and is capable of wielding swords, so it should be able to grab items and opponents. Lugia would be hard though, I agree.
Alternatively, you can have it use its mouth for items/grabbing, or its item animations could just have the sword sheathed.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I finished season 1 of RWBY, and I'm watching a few episodes of Hunter x Hunter. So far, HxH isn't as bleak as it was when I left off (in the Chimera Ant arc), but that's not saying much. Gon and Killua seem like they'll be more relevant, but it still feels like Perfect Cell being thrown into the Red Ribbon arc of Dragon Ball with all of his strength intact and summoning an infinite army of Cell Juniors, Imperfect Cells, and second-form Cells.

As for RWBY, I liked the first season, and from the first episode of season 2, it seems like it will be an improvement. Background characters are no longer nondescript silhouettes, and the animation seems more fluid (it was kind of janky/stiff at times). Weiss was unexpectedly racist in the first season finale, though, and it's weird that it was never really dealt with (Weiss is still prejudiced, but she just doesn't want to talk about it), though I suppose that people don't change that quickly.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I finished season 1 of RWBY, and I'm watching a few episodes of Hunter x Hunter. So far, HxH isn't as bleak as it was when I left off (in the Chimera Ant arc), but that's not saying much. Gon and Killua seem like they'll be more relevant, but it still feels like Perfect Cell being thrown into the Red Ribbon arc of Dragon Ball with all of his strength intact and summoning an infinite army of Cell Juniors, Imperfect Cells, and second-form Cells.

As for RWBY, I liked the first season, and from the first episode of season 2, it seems like it will be an improvement. Background characters are no longer nondescript silhouettes, and the animation seems more fluid (it was kind of janky/stiff at times). Weiss was unexpectedly racist in the first season finale, though, and it's weird that it was never really dealt with (Weiss is still prejudiced, but she just doesn't want to talk about it), though I suppose that people don't change that quickly.
It's been a while since I saw RWBY's oldee seasons but I remember a line in Volume 6 basically saying Weiss now hates racism for what it's worth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom