• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Didn't your dream character get announced for Smash at E3?

Was that not enough for ya?
Yeah. I got my dream Smash character.

Along with the further enforcement of the fact that my favorite genres aren’t popular anymore and are all dying slowly and painfully because nobody thinks they’re even worth making anymore and once they’re gone i’ll have lost the one thing that still keeps me sane and happy in this world after having long been abandoned by film and television.

But yeah. Banjo is in Smash. That’s great!

And I’m guessing you’d like to move on.

I mean...
All it really needs at this point is a Nintendo release (which good luck with that assuming Sony's publishing it, but you get my point)
Yeah. It’s a Sony IP. Sam is about as likely as Kratos.

Best chance would be in Super Smash Bros x PlayStation All-Stars.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Along with the further enforcement of the fact that my favorite genres aren’t popular anymore and are all dying slowly and painfully because nobody thinks they’re even worth making anymore and once they’re gone i’ll have lost the one thing that still keeps me sane and happy in this world after having long been abandoned by film and television.

And I’m guessing you’d like to move on.

Yeah. It’s a Sony IP. Sam is about as likely as Kratos.

Do you try newer releases?

I am an avid Star Fox and F-Zero fan but I keep on truckin due to trying other games I missed out on or newer releases that appeal to me. There are loads of games out there nowadays on many platforms.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
And I'd say that's a Never-Gonna-Happen thing. One thing we know is Nintendo does not like allowing their characters on other platforms (and when they do get multiplatform games, the Nintendo content is exclusive to the Nintendo version). Likewise Sony-exclusive content probably never, or at the very least rarely, appears on other consoles (I can't say for sure, as I don't care for Sony). Looks like Microsoft's the only one that would allow for that. As a result, if that cross-over did happen, there'd be logically no console it could be on, it's almost paradoxical. :rotfl:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well off to the airport to Niagara Falls visiting my mom. Will try to come on as often as I can until Sunday. Besides that gonna have fun so I'll see y'all later!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Do you try newer releases?

I am an avid Star Fox and F-Zero fan but I keep on truckin due to trying other games I missed out on or newer releases that appeal to me. There are loads of games out there nowadays on many platforms.
If e3 is any indication, then most of them have too many RPG elements for me. I don’t care about customization and skill trees and leveling up specifically what you want.
And I'd say that's a Never-Gonna-Happen thing. One thing we know is Nintendo does not like allowing their characters on other platforms (and when they do get multiplatform games, the Nintendo content is exclusive to the Nintendo version). Likewise Sony-exclusive content probably never, or at the very least rarely, appears on other consoles (I can't say for sure, as I don't care for Sony). Looks like Microsoft's the only one that would allow for that. As a result, if that cross-over did happen, there'd be logically no console it could be on, it's almost paradoxical. :rotfl:
I know. It’s a never gonna happen thing. But I can still dream about it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
September: Sony allows Nintendo to use Kratos in Smash
October: Kratos is the best selling DLC by a large margin
November: Sony takes Kratos out of Smash, all references are removed from the game.

D

Deleted member

I accidentally wished someone happy birthday, but it isn't their birthday...
They're just retweeting all the art that was made for their birthday for some reason

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
September: Sony allows Nintendo to use Kratos in Smash
October: Kratos is the best selling DLC by a large margin
November: Sony takes Kratos out of Smash, all references are removed from the game.
Nintendo asking for 50% of the profits from future God of War games was way too ridiculous in Sony's eyes

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey y'all currently at my local airport as I speak. Currently awaiting to board my flight. Thought I'd give another shout out. :)

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Partner theory?
I think it's referring to Companion Theory, where every character so far has had a companion with them. Joker with Morgana, Hero with Slime, Banjo with... Kazooie. Yeah, it's that last one where I personally think it breaks down. Kazooie isn't as tangential as the other companions, she's one half of the character.

EDIT: :ultgreninja:

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Joker came with Morgana
Hero came with Slime
Banjo came with Kazooie.

In other words, another character is featured somewhere in the base character's moveset
Yes, I know Kazooie is technically playable, but just roll with it.
Oh. I mean it could work. Off the top of my head let’s see
Geno and mallo
Sans/frisk and flowey
Uhh
Well I’m sure there’s more those are just two I thought would work with the theory.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

And I’m guessing you’d like to move on
3D platformers still exist, if that’s what you’re referring to.

Sure, they were much more prevalent back in the day because they’re what sold, but the truly memorable ones only came once a year or so.

Today, we get solid 3D platformers every year or so, just like before, but without the shovelware fluff.

- 2017 had Yooka-Laylee, A Hat in Time, N-Sane Trilogy, and Mario Odyssey.
- 2018 had Reignited Trilogy, and A Hat in Time’s Seal the Deal DLC.
- 2019 does seem to be lacking, and all I could think of is A Hat in Time’s Nyakuza DLC, but... - 2020 we get Psychonauts 2, Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated.

And I think by 2021 we’ll be playing Mario Odyssey 2 as well.

They’re not dying, they’re just not oversaturating the market anymore.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Oh. I mean it could work. Off the top of my head let’s see
Geno and mallo
Sans/frisk and flowey
Uhh
Well I’m sure there’s more those are just two I thought would work with the theory.
Another Pokemon Trainer?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Phoenix/Maya
Crash/Aku Aku
Heihachi and Kuma
Byleth and Sothis
Super Mario Odyssey Mario and Cappy
Luigi’s Mansion 3 Luigi and Gooigi
Minish Cap Toon Link and Ezlo
Goku and Flying Nimbus
Jotaro and Star Platinum
Mike and Sully

D

Deleted member

Heihachi and Kuma
Byleth and Sothis
Super Mario Odyssey Mario and Cappy
Luigi’s Mansion 3 Luigi and Gooigi
Minish Cap Toon Link and Ezlo
Goku and Flying Nimbus
Jotaro and Star Platinum
Mike and Sully
Zoe Trent and Pepper Clark
I can't believe it's finally happening

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Cloud's taunts are patch to include the Chocobo, so he won't he alone anymore.

Sike, that's never gonna happen.
"I felt it would be unfortunate for Cloud to not have a companion in this game..."

"...we don't have much of a budget for this."

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Speaking of companions, anyone here ever heard of the "Milk-BOSATU" leak which claimed that a female character would be in the Fighter Pass, and that said character uses a throwing weapon. I've read about the speculation of this and one of the characters that were considered was Lloyd & Colette from Tales of Symphonia being a tag-team kind of fighter in the vain of the Ice Climbers. Frankly, I don't see something like this happening AT ALL, but I felt like bringing this up due to all the talk.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Speaking of companions, anyone here ever heard of the "Milk-BOSATU" leak which claimed that a female character would be in the Fighter Pass, and that said character uses a throwing weapon. I've read about the speculation of this and one of the characters that were considered was Lloyd & Colette from Tales of Symphonia being a tag-team kind of fighter in the vain of the Ice Climbers. Frankly, I don't see something like this happening AT ALL, but I felt like bringing this up due to all the talk.
I think “throwing weapon” is a very loosely translated term for general projectile, as the Milk guy’s English wasn’t very good, he said so.

Projectiles including guns, missile launchers...

Plus there was also a list of the pass characters so far, which summarized was like: “Joker (Atlus), Dragon Quest Hero (Square Enix), Banjo and Kazooie (Rare), FP4 (hasn’t appeared yet?), FP5 (Already appeared)”

The last one is the most interesting as it could be a hint of a character who already has a non playable appearance (probably a Spirit) becoming DLC

I don’t actually remember if FP4 said “hasn’t appeared yet” or not in the parentheses, but they could be a new third party that has yet to be represented, but if FP4 is female it’s probably not Doom Slayer or Ryu Hayabusa. “Hasn’t appeared yet” COULD also be a new rep from an already represented third party

Like Bandai Namco...

KOS-MOS? please

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yes to Phoenix and Crash. Them Doom Slayer. Nakoruru. All icing on cake if any or two of them were the last DLC fighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom