• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
"GothFluttershy"

"Fluttershy64"

Ok, I may be late on this, but

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oof . You can tell the difference between me and Goth because I have numbers in my user .
Wow, I couldn't have tell the difference if you didn't post this.

Thank you very much.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Oh, boy. Looks like Goth made two accounts so we can suffer from Littlest Pet Shop gifs twice as much.

But seriously, if it weren't for the profile pics, I'd probably mix the two of you all the time.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Oh, boy. Looks like Goth made two accounts so we can suffer from Littlest Pet Shop gifs twice as much.

But seriously, if it weren't for the profile pics, I'd probably mix the two of you all the time.
I guess we are one step closer to Zoeboards if this were true.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Tbh, I never really got the hype for the Banjo-Kazooie soundtracks.

They're a little too grating for my tastes...
I find that if you didn't grow up with the series (or Rareware games in general around that timeframe), you probably don't have the same appreciation for how fitting they were for the environments they played in. Personally, listening to the soundtracks repeatedly (especially in a collectathon setting with occasional backtracking/subsequent playthroughs) makes the songs that stick with you really stick. I know plenty of people that think even stuff like Mario 64/OoT/a bunch of games that would be considered "timeless" are overrated in terms of music, yet still say things like GoldenEye/Diddy Kong Racing/etc. have some of the best soundtracks. And the inverse, different strokes for different blokes (which is fine).

I have more nostalgia for Tooie and DK64 personally, but I'm still beyond excited for anything we get for Banjo-Kazooie (even the Nuts & Bolts music) tracks, with my pipe dream being they get as much love as Mega Man/Castlevania or at least Street Fighter. I'll probably spend forever toying around with My Music settings on the stage regardless.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord

I remember when I first joined this place people thought I was GothFluttershy. Not really sure why people thought that, honestly.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Pulse check:

If you have bought the Fighters Pass already, do you feel like it's been worth it for the $25 so far, with the 3 of 5 fighters we know? Or are you still hoping the last two fighters will be what makes it worthwhile?
After Banjo & Kazooie and Hero were revealed, I was pretty much set on getting the Fighter's Pass, even though my friend already got Joker. I like all three so far, so even if the last two are utter ****, I'd be satisfied, though I suspect there will be at least one other gem. Joker is fun, not as fun as I had pictured when I predicted him prior to his announcement, but he's still grown on me. And the music is just awesome, one of the main reasons I was hoping for Persona in Smash. Hero's fun--I feel like there's a thin line between showing a character a lot of love, and literally giving them everything, but that's also what makes it a much more fun character that I would otherwise not care about--Three and Eight are my go-tos. And, of course, Banjo & Kazooie, my dream picks, perfectly represented in Smash.

Gwen. I love you. But Banjo-Kazooie and it’s sequels have some of the best music in all of video gaming. It’s one of the primary things the series is known for. (yes, sequels. Even Nuts and Bolts has a kick *** soundtrack).

Also, Gruntilda’s Lair is not just Teddy Bear Picnic. It certainly takes inspiration from it, but really only that one riff. The rest of the song is completely different.
According to Grant, if it was inspired, it was completely unintentional. And I can understand that--a lot of times I'll get a melody in my head that I don't know where it came from. But it's a great coincidence--it thematically fits, both with bears, and giving it that subversive fairy tale vibe that I love so much about the game.

Banjo-Kazooie has some pretty memorable music, at least for me. I hadn’t played that game for like 10 years and I remembered everything.

However, one of the best tracks overall for the series is Hailfire Peaks. That’s some good ****.
I love Hailfire Peaks, and hearing this class cover it is so amazing--I'd say in some ways it's better than the original. Once the xylophone kicks in, it immediately becomes epic.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Oof . You can tell the difference between me and Goth because I have numbers in my user .
Well in that case, we're instead gonna start confusing you with Snakefighter64

You're like the fusion between Goth and Snakefighter.

It's glorious

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If they do remix Click Clock Wood, they need to keep those dumb bird samples. They add so much to the song.

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
“In this action packed title, the evil King Discord kidnapped Princess Celestia. Now it’s up to Super Fluttershy to save her through a variety of 3D environments. Only for the Nintendo 64.”
Lol. I would actually pay money for this. That would be a great game. :)

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
People thought that? Wtf
Yep, and to this day, I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I asked a question along the lines of "Which weird/unconventional character would you like to see in Smash" and people thought I was talking about characters outside of the realm of videogames (probably thought i was talking about Zoe Trent lol) Thinking about it now, though, it should have been obvious about what I was getting at. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I feel like the two most obvious remixes are a CCW Medley and a Grunty’s Lair/Final Boss mashup.
I'd love a Click Clock Wood medley--it makes so much sense, and something unique outside of fan re-mixes. I'm less into mash-ups--unless they include the originals on their own. I like to hear the full versions of my favorite songs. It was one of the things disappointing to me about Bloody Tears--it's really, really epic and then once I get into that groove... whoops, it switched. :chuckle:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'd love a Click Clock Wood medley--it makes so much sense, and something unique outside of fan re-mixes. I'm less into mash-ups--unless they include the originals on their own. I like to hear the full versions of my favorite songs. It was one of the things disappointing to me about Bloody Tears--it's really, really epic and then once I get into that groove... whoops, it switched. :chuckle:
I feel similarly about the Port Town section in the F-Zero Medley, granted I'm just happy that song got any kind of love after being neglected in GX/the stage literally named Port Town in Smash.

I think the medleys would be best saved for the similar vibe/sounding tracks, like Tooie's boss battles, or those with the slight leitmotif tweaks (Grunty's Lair, Isle o' Hags, etc.), though lowkey I would not oppose another remix that does the same thing Spiral Mountain does.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Not at Chapter 11 in Golden Deer yet, and while I've recruited everyone but Mercedes (super easy to get everybody in NG+), I still feel that I prefer Black Eagles.

I really enjoy Claude and Hilda. They're great, and have made me laugh. This route may give me a reason to think of Edelgard differently, but it hasn't happened just yet.

I'm still basically convinced that for anything to happen in the story, Edelgard has to go to war. She's also the only one that knows what has to happen.

The biggest thing people like to use against Edelgard is that she "Started a meaningless war that leads to the deaths of millions of innocents", which is simply not correct. Well, at least an Edelgard that isn't completed manipulated by THSITD.

The two true "baddies" in the game, regardless of method are Those Who Slither and...Rhea. Not the Church in its entirety (though the argument could be made that the Church oppresses the people of Fodlan in the first place). Those Who Slither are obviously bad, but Rhea:

-allows for societal exploitation of Crests
-kills anyone who has a different vision from her (which is why the idea that Edelgard could have "verbally voiced her opinion" is BS...Edelgard suggesting change would have shown her hand and made her an easy target. These are high school aged kids. Even if she talked it out with her own house, somebody could have easily ratted her out).
-experiments on 12 different people (lets them live full lives, could be to keep suspicion off of her), but then subjects Byleth to this "fate" with the consent of his mother, but without his/her own consent, which is arguably the most important part
-sure, Rhea supports humankind. But that isn't an excuse to abuse certain powers she has to keep them in check. That's like saying folks who live in the US should be fine with ****ty living conditions simply because there isn't a Civil War. That's nonsense.
-Keeps secrets even from Seteth and then when people have concerns she says, "It will all come to fruition in good time". She isn't trustworthy, granted her lack of trust may be founded for her as a Dragon Lady, but she keeps secrets. Even Claude acknowledges that.
-there are others but I have **** to do today lol
Basically: Rhea uses the Church and her power to oppress the people of Fodlan, even if it doesn't seem like they're actively oppressed. She enables the Crest system and the effects it has on noble and commoner classes. In addition, the system of government in place is not only a combination of Church and State (which is...really bad), but it fails the students. Edelgard gets ****ed up because of things that happen under Rhea's leadership of the continent. Dimitri gets ****ed up because of things that happen under her government. Two students (well, Monica and Flayn) are captured under her leadership, and all she can do is "Pray to the Goddess". Finally, the resolution that Byleth takes over the Church at the end of GD and BL is what Rhea basically wanted. She sets up Byleth, and all of her experiments, to effectively be her heir. She wins in all routes, as she achieves what she wants except in Black Eagles.

In addition:
- in BE route, where Edelgard is supported by her very smart professor (heh), she specifically doesn't want to kill every unit in every map, just the commander to win. She strives for the fewest casualties possible
- She plans to eliminate Those Who Slither, which shows she doesn't want evil to win the day. Her ideals in all routes are solid (though the information backing them isn't quite as solid), but the outside forces that manipulate her make her take a dark turn
-Another point people use against her at times is that she shows no emotion. Basically, after watching your 10 siblings die, it's sure to do some lasting damage. You yourself have been experimented on. You were kidnapped. However, you still benefit from the system currently in place. Anyway...she is at her most emotional when she kills Dimitri. She doesn't kill him out of anger or spite, she kills him because, if she didn't, he'd remain blinded by revenge and anger and get in the way of her vision. It's a necessary evil.

Basically, if Edelgard doesn't go to war nothing in Fodlan changes. People still suffer, Those Who Slither still have power, the Church still remains in power, Crests still have power over all of society. War isn't a good thing, obviously. But for this particular storyline, there wasn't an alternative. Speaking with Rhea doesn't work. Appealing to classmates doesn't work. Social reform doesn't work. The Church, and therefore society, doesn't have to change if they don't want to. So, war it is.
I do feel as though I'll be burnt out by the end of this playthrough, so I may wait for my Blue Lions run. If I ever play the Church, I won't like it. I'd only be doing it to get the remaining cutscenes.

Last edited:

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
Not at Chapter 11 in Golden Deer yet, and while I've recruited everyone but Mercedes (super easy to get everybody in NG+), I still feel that I prefer Black Eagles.

I really enjoy Claude and Hilda. They're great, and have made me laugh. This route may give me a reason to think of Edelgard differently, but it hasn't happened just yet.

I'm still basically convinced that for anything to happen in the story, Edelgard has to go to war. She's also the only one that knows what has to happen.

The biggest thing people like to use against Edelgard is that she "Started a meaningless war that leads to the deaths of millions of innocents", which is simply not correct. Well, at least an Edelgard that isn't completed manipulated by THSITD.

The two true "baddies" in the game, regardless of method are Those Who Slither and...Rhea. Not the Church in its entirety (though the argument could be made that the Church oppresses the people of Fodlan in the first place). Those Who Slither are obviously bad, but Rhea:

-kills anyone who has a different vision from her (which is why the idea that Edelgard could have "verbally voiced her opinion" is BS...Edelgard suggesting change would have shown her hand and made her an easy target. These are high school aged kids. Even if she talked it out with her own house, somebody could have easily ratted her out).
-experiments on 12 different people (lets them live full lives, could be to keep suspicion off of her), but then subjects Byleth to this "fate" with the consent of his mother, but without his/her own consent, which is arguably the most important part
-sure, Rhea supports humankind. But that isn't an excuse to abuse certain powers she has to keep them in check. That's like saying folks who live in the US should be fine with ****ty living conditions simply because there isn't a Civil War. That's nonsense.
-Keeps secrets even from Seteth and then when people have concerns she says, "It will all come to fruition in good time". She isn't trustworthy, granted her lack of trust may be founded for her as a Dragon Lady, but she keeps secrets. Even Claude acknowledges that.
Basically: Rhea uses the Church and her power to oppress the people of Fodlan, even if it doesn't seem like they're actively oppressed. She enables the Crest system and the effects it has on noble and commoner classes. In addition, the system of government in place is not only a combination of Church and State (which is...really bad), but it fails the students. Edelgard gets ****ed up because of things that happen under Rhea's leadership of the continent. Dimitri gets ****ed up because of things that happen under her government. Two students (well, Monica and Flayn) are captured under her leadership, and all she can do is "Pray to the Goddess". Finally, the resolution that Byleth takes over the Church at the end of GD and BL is what Rhea basically wanted. She sets up Byleth, and all of her experiments, to effectively be her heir. She wins in all routes, as she achieves what she wants except in Black Eagles.

In addition:
- in BE route, where Edelgard is supported by her very smart professor (heh), she specifically doesn't want to kill every unit in every map, just the commander to win. She strives for the fewest casualties possible
- She plans to eliminate Those Who Slither, which shows she doesn't want evil to win the day. Her ideals in all routes are solid (though the information backing them isn't quite as solid), but the outside forces that manipulate her make her take a dark turn
-Another point people use against her at times is that she shows no emotion. Basically, after watching your 10 siblings die, it's sure to do some lasting damage. You yourself have been experimented on. You were kidnapped. However, you still benefit from the system currently in place. Anyway...she is at her most emotional when she kills Dimitri. She doesn't kill him out of anger or spite, she kills him because, if she didn't, he'd remain blinded by revenge and anger and get in the way of her vision. It's a necessary evil.

Basically, if Edelgard doesn't go to war nothing in Fodlan changes. People still suffer, Those Who Slither still have power, the Church still remains in power, Crests still have power over all of society. War isn't a good thing, obviously. But for this particular storyline, there wasn't an alternative. Speaking with Rhea doesn't work. Appealing to classmates doesn't work. Social reform doesn't work. The Church, and therefore society, doesn't have to change if they don't want to. So, war it is.
I do feel as though I'll be burnt out by the end of this playthrough, so I may wait for my Blue Lions run. If I ever play the Church, I won't like it. I'd only be doing it to get the remaining cutscenes.

Nice, your playing 3 Houses. I’m doing Black Eagles, currently on chapter 11. Great game so far :).

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I feel similarly about the Port Town section in the F-Zero Medley, granted I'm just happy that song got any kind of love after being neglected in GX/the stage literally named Port Town in Smash.

I think the medleys would be best saved for the similar vibe/sounding tracks, like Tooie's boss battles, or those with the slight leitmotif tweaks (Grunty's Lair, Isle o' Hags, etc.), though lowkey I would not oppose another remix that does the same thing Spiral Mountain does.
I couldn't agree more with that. :) And I have been curious what they do with Tooie, as the boss themes are significantly good and each world has one. I could see a re-mix incorporating both the main theme and a boss theme and have that work. The boss themes I'm particularly hoping for is Mr. Patch and Weldar.

My expectation is we'll get around 12 songs, since that seems to be standard with DLC, but part of me hopes they go all out with the music. They technically could include Spiral Mountain, the overworld themes, every B-K, B-T stage, B-T boss themes and still have less songs than Castlevania. :rotfl: So we could get anywhere between those two extremes.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

In addition:

My first run ended up being a Church run because I accidentally missed the chance for the 4th path. I regret that.

I'm doing a Golden Deer run now though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Gwen. I love you. But Banjo-Kazooie and it’s sequels have some of the best music in all of video gaming. It’s one of the primary things the series is known for. (yes, sequels. Even Nuts and Bolts has a kick *** soundtrack).

Also, Gruntilda’s Lair is not just Teddy Bear Picnic. It certainly takes inspiration from it, but really only that one riff. The rest of the song is completely different.
Girl that's called an Overclocked remix

D

Deleted member

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
After playing DQ after 5 hours, my observations are:
  • The Greatsword is great if you want to die due to lack of defense.
  • Erik looks like a Super Saiyan Blue
  • Erik also has ass defence
  • Crits are far more common in Smash
  • Frizz sucks, Flame Slash is neat, Heal is good
  • Item management is kinda annoying considering that you have pull everything out of your bag and attach it to your character in order to use it in battle.
  • You can pilot a robotic egg
  • The soundtack is top notch, the DQ 11 MIDIs in Smash were noticeably worse, even compared to the other 6 MIDIs in that game.
  • The enemies are unique, you can tell Toriyama created them.
  • Charming writing, some solid jokes in there.
  • Overall, solid game. Having a lot of fun playing it.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
My first run ended up being a Church run because I accidentally missed the chance for the 4th path. I regret that.

I'm doing a Golden Deer run now though.
Oof, that’s brutal. What I would do is maybe use a NG+ to just blast through the first half if you can.

I realized myself for any potential Church playthrough, I don’t have a save from that run to just do the mission and side with the Church. So I would have to play another run entirely.

Big oof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom