• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of anime what are you thoughts on Smash possibly getting an anime? Not saying it will happen, that's impossible now, but I'm just saying it as a hypothetical situation. What would the plot be and what would it happen?
Not too interested personally. It'd just be like Sonic X and Bloody Fate in that they're based off the work they derive from, so they'd take Subspace and WoL story concepts with some freedom to change things up. I'd like to see something like the Star Fox Zero short again, but with a brand new plot. Now that's a stretch since I'm the type of person who isn't too much into stories... I blame my younger self...

Last edited by a moderator:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
OG Kamen Rider/Segata Sanshiro and another Kamen Rider acting veteran are doing this. Despite not being a fan of SNK due to lack of experience, I still feel a KOF character SHOULD be in Smash
So terrible. Reminds me of the kof movie from a few years back. Snk killed its properties.

But a metal slug character would be boss in smash. Each costune could be another character

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Despite not being a fan of SNK due to lack of experience, I still feel a KOF character SHOULD be in Smash
If you ever wanted to get into the series I'd highly recommend King of Fighters 98. It's fairly cheap on Switch/Steam and is often considered to be one of the most balanced fighters around.

Also obligatory Kyo for Smash post.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If you ever wanted to get into the series I'd highly recommend King of Fighters 98. It's fairly cheap on Switch/Steam and is often considered to be one of the most balanced fighters around.

Also obligatory Kyo for Smash post.
I'd have to convince friends to get it as I don't want to be the only one in my group of friends with a fighting game, which is why I didn't buy Power Rangers Battle For The Grid yet. Skullgirls and Guilty Gear are on the list luckily as they have physical versions
I know legit nothing about KOF...

Help please
Basically it's the Smash of SNK. It also was a huge influence to Sakurai for Smash

Scribe

Sing, sing for ourselves alone.
Writing Team
NNID
KipShades
3DS FC
5241-1937-7022
I wonder if the first Kombat Pack of DLC characters will be revealed tonight...Its the last day of Combo Breaker at Chicago.
Idk if we'd get info on the Mortal Kombat DLC, but I'd love to see someone at NRS officially acknowledge the new Brian David Gilbert video at some point in the future

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Alright, @IsmaR , Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! @AndreaAC ,@KMDP , staindgrey staindgrey , @redfeatherraven and probably alot of others peoples I'm forgetting right now because I'm tired, sorry if you follow my projects and that I forgot you.

This is it, well, sort of, do you all think that I done well the Emperor of the Universe? The Shapeshifting Demon? The Big Brother of Alicia herself? Hota?
View attachment 224489
Because if yes, then my journey is finally over.
It looks amazing. I love all the detail work.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I'd have to convince friends to get it as I don't want to be the only one in my group of friends with a fighting game, which is why I didn't buy Power Rangers Battle For The Grid yet. Skullgirls and Guilty Gear are on the list luckily as they have physical versions

Basically it's the Smash of SNK. It also was a huge influence to Sakurai for Smash
Kof was snk putting all their fighting games together. Was really good in the 90s. But never beat street fighter

Scribe

Writing Team
NNID
KipShades
3DS FC
5241-1937-7022

Do what I did. Wait for the next big Steam sale and just buy it for a bunch of friends on Steam.
But honestly just let them know that it's up there with 3S at Super Turbo as one of the best fighting games of all time and you might be able to get them on board with that.

I bought four copies of that game in a single 24 hour period.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Do what I did. Wait for the next big Steam sale and just buy it for a bunch of friends on Steam.
But honestly just let them know that it's up there with 3S at Super Turbo as one of the best fighting games of all time and you might be able to get them on board with that.

Kof 98, 2002 are the best.
Outside if that, snks best was mark of the wolves

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

True but one of them is a hard ass on being exclusively physical copies so the game would need a physical copy. When the HELL is Skullgirls Switch coming out cause they said Spring 2019. If anyone here says it's in 2 weeks then I'll scream

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
To think that was made by me, the same user whose third posts on this forum was like, "I won't double post!", before mere seconds later, I just do that.

Funny how the world work, huh?
I think my third post was like a five paragraph essay on why Midna would probably be a newcomer in Brawl, so.

We all make mistakes.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
True but one of them is a hard *** on being exclusively physical copies so the game would need a physical copy. When the HELL is Skullgirls Switch coming out cause they said Spring 2019. If anyone here says it's in 2 weeks then I'll scream
It in 2 weeks.
Actually i have idea. Is skull girls any good? I hear about it, but never really followed it.

Scribe

Writing Team
NNID
KipShades
3DS FC
5241-1937-7022
True but one of them is a hard *** on being exclusively physical copies so the game would need a physical copy. When the HELL is Skullgirls Switch coming out cause they said Spring 2019. If anyone here says it's in 2 weeks then I'll scream
Well of course it's not Two Weeks.

Spring ends in four weeks :laugh:

But on a more serious note, unless they announce a delay I wouldn't put it past them to release it sometime this fall and be like "eh, it's Spring in the Southern Hemisphere so technically it was still a Spring release"

I've also heard from the Pocket Rumble folks that the Switch doesn't play well with rollback-based netcode. Fixing bugs with the netcode was a big part of why that game's Switch release kept getting delayed.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm not ready for a world with high-tier Joker.

I fear no man, but Arsene....that thing scares me.
I swear, he's basically Smash 4 Sheik and Ultimate Cloud in one. It works when it works.

Then we had Nairo almost reverse 3-0 Marss with Wolf, Robin and Dark Pit.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I think my third post was like a five paragraph essay on why Midna would probably be a newcomer in Brawl, so.

We all make mistakes.
I think mine is dumber, but yeah, you're right.

Plus, hey, sometime, you need to make errors to learn from them and become a better person, or at least better in certain areas.

I made a lots of mistakes on this forum, but for all of them, I didn't give up, and look where I am now?

I may not the best user around here, but the fact that lots of peoples seem to like my work is enough for me to say that all those hard time were worth it in the end.

Of course, there is still alot of time to make errors, sooooo, let's not invite the devil here. :p

Btw, here are two cool things you probably haven't seen, spoiler tag since I already posted them.
Hota Zero swap.png

New Hota entire process.gif
A color swap and a making off.

Hope you enjoy.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
hi what's up it's your boy panda, back at it again after just 13 hours

couldn't stay away despite my best efforts

feeling a bit better now after a rough few days

got my ****posts raring to go

and by ****posts i mean engaging in polite conversation about the weather and how your day was

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I think mine is dumber, but yeah, you're right.

Plus, hey, sometime, you need to make errors to learn from them and become a better person, or at least better in certain areas.

I made a lots of mistakes on this forum, but for all of them, I didn't give up, and look where I am now?

I may not the best user around here, but the fact that lots of peoples seem to like my work is enough for me to say that all those hard time were worth it in the end.

Of course, there is still alot of time to make errors, sooooo, let's not invite the devil here. :p

Btw, here are two cool things you probably haven't seen, spoiler tag since I already posted them.
A color swap and a making off.

Hope you enjoy.
What are those things you keep posting?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

and by ****posts i mean engaging in polite conversation about the weather and how your day was
I think we all expected you to come back.
426A0052-0BED-471C-908A-4BA7E0D1A020.png

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
What are those things you keep posting?
My OC.

Made by me.

I like horrors and spoopy stuff.

I also make sprites and whatnot.

kasumi_look...wait a minute.gif

Holy ****, you're back.

Welcome back into the jungle, pal!

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

PANDA.

HI.

I mean. *cough* Sup dude. It's cool you're here. Or whatever.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I think we all expected you to come back.
View attachment 224553
after friday had come and gone and things had had time to set in a little i think i expected myself to come back

still a little uncomfortable but i realized most of my immediate aversion came from they who shall remain nameless rather than the site drama that followed, and i can't hold something external like that against it forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom