• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This EVO's is definitely Steve Fox's. A lot of people are using him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nice. I wish I was knowladgable on how to code, mainly so I can make my own video game.
‘Tis the goal of all gamers.

But, hey, we live in a day and age where things like coding tools are easily accessible. Check out Unity or Unreal.

:o Oooh. :3 NICE! Keep it up, Taylor!
aaaaa ty

See, here’s the funny thing. People told me not to use Unreal starting out because it’s to hard, but I think it’s actually better than Unity. lol It’s simple to understand, yet very powerful. Plus, a lot of good games have been made in it. (A Hat in Time, Borderlands, Fortnite, FNAF VR, Modern Batman Games)

Iridium

Smash Hero
Leo winning an actual EVO (excluding Japan 2018) does mean a lot, especially considering he only got 65th the other time he went to one. But if Raito does it instead, there's going to be a mix of celebration and salt. I'm here for that.

The "Shroob doesn't have a Switch" meme is finally over. Welcome to the gang, boy.
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku , we're still in this fight.

D

Deleted member

Oo, nice. Good luck. I've done a little bit of coding myself but i'm not too good at it lol.
Hey, if you really wanna give it a try,experiment more!

Heh, as a guy whi has experience in C++, it's a bit challenging at first, and you're gonna get frustrated... a lot, but trust me, the end result is SO SATISFYING
I actually use Unreal’s blueprint mode. I like it because it feels more straight forward. I feel like I can discover things on my own, but with C++, I don’t even know where to begin.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I'm sorry about this Wademan94 Wademan94 ...
(Smashboards Series)

Wademan94

Spirit Type: Primary, :starman::starman::starman::starman:, Neutral
Abilities: No Effect (just extremely powerful ;p)

Opponent: Mewtwo (Default), Bayonetta (you know, because glasses) (White alt.), Duck Hunt Duo (Tan alt.)

Rules:
- Hostile assist trophies will appear (Vince)
- The enemy has increased defense
- The enemy heals over time

Stage: Pictochat 2
Music: Mangrove Cove

...I’m not surprised you decided to go through with this, I just didn’t think you would.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
aaaaa ty

See, here’s the funny thing. People told me not to use Unreal starting out because it’s to hard, but I think it’s actually better than Unity. lol It’s simple to understand, yet very powerful. Plus, a lot of good games have been made in it. (A Hat in Time, Borderlands, Fortnite, FNAF VR, Modern Batman Games)
:3 Use what you believe and feel is best for ya'! If you are getting the hang of it using a "difficult" program that others feel it is too much for a beginner, than THAT'S GREAT~! :D You got the guts and the brains for it! And yup, that's what I have heard!

D

Deleted member

:3 Use what you believe and feel is best for ya'! If you are getting the hang of it using a "difficult" program that others feel it is too much for a beginner, than THAT'S GREAT~! :D You got the guts and the brains for it! And yup, that's what I have heard!
Totally! After all this I can make the game of my dreams.
1564962948150.png

hahaha funny

Last edited by a moderator:

Striga

Smash Journeyman
‘Tis the goal of all gamers.

But, hey, we live in a day and age where things like coding tools are easily accessible. Check out Unity or Unreal.
It's been my dream for years. Well one of them anyway.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Man, That Kazumi player really had a comeback on Steve. Though the Steve player dominated the 2nd match. Now it's 1-1.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm sorry about this Wademan94 Wademan94 ...
(Smashboards Series)

Wademan94

Spirit Type: Primary, :starman::starman::starman::starman:, Neutral
Abilities: No Effect (just extremely powerful ;p)

Opponent: Mewtwo (Default), Bayonetta (you know, because glasses) (White alt.), Duck Hunt Duo (Tan alt.)

Rules:
- Hostile assist trophies will appear (Vince)
- The enemy has increased defense
- The enemy heals over time

Stage: Pictochat 2
Music: Mangrove Cove
Me pls

D

Deleted member

Now Reddit's claiming that Hero's Bounce is OP because it serves its main purpose of invalidating projectiles and projectile based characters, counterplay is dead.
Every character should be banned now because every character can counter at least one other character.

xD What the heck? Oh boy.
One google search can work wonders.

Terrifying wonders.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I made games back in High School using Gamemaker.

I got use to using the coding language for it to do more complicated stuff that was annoying to try and do with drag and drop. Haven't used it much since then so I've basically forgotten everything.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Now Reddit's claiming that Hero's Bounce is OP because it serves its main purpose of invalidating projectiles and projectile based characters, counterplay is dead.
It would be OP if you could summon it at will, but you can't. If you're a playing a projectile-based character, just wait until the move ends, then go back to projectiles. Chances are, they won't have enough time to use their down-special three times and select Bounce before that Shadow Ball nails them in the face.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I finished a match against a game and watch by selecting bounce right as they used their fair

it really made me reconsider whether using hero is morally correct

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It would be OP if you could summon it at will, but you can't. If you're a playing a projectile-based character, just wait until the move ends, then go back to projectiles. Chances are, they won't have enough time to use their down-special three times and select Bounce before that Shadow Ball nails them in the face.
They're claiming that because is invalidates the Villy, Link, Mega Man, and Samus matchup, it's broken, I gaurantee they weren't around in Smash 4 where Rosa's down B just flat out invalidated all of them, thus forcing them to change thier playstyle completely.

Someone suggested timing out Bounce, but the OP claimed that timing out is lame and isn't valid, like, if you asked how to get around it, then it's your fault for not accepting the answer.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
If hero's broken for anything its that side B that kills at 40% from center stage, that's wild

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
They're claiming that because is invalidates the Villy, Link, Mega Man, and Samus matchup, it's broken, I gaurantee they weren't around in Smash 4 where Rosa's down B just flat out invalidated all of them, thus forcing them to change thier playstyle completely.

Someone suggested timing out Bounce, but the OP claimed that timing out is lame and isn't valid, like, if you asked how to get around it, then it's your fault for not accepting the answer.
Honestly, all it really tells me is that Hero is pretty strong against projectile users because his shield blocks plenty of projectiles similar to the Links (except his side tilt can also block projectiles) and his Down B has a chance to roll Bounce, a Reflector with the bonus of being active while mobile.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So I tried an online tourney for the first time. I also won for the first time.

Thanks Solo. :186:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, all it really tells me is that Hero is pretty strong against projectile users because his shield blocks plenty of projectiles similar to the Links (except his side tilt can also block projectiles) and his Down B has a chance to roll Bounce, a Reflector with the bonus of being active while mobile.
Well yeah, counters exist, but Reddit just can't accept counterplay in the slightest. Projectiles are already hated to an extreme on r/SmashBros, due to Olimar and Snake (and PK Fire because they still can't counter that somehow), so here comes a character that jas a move to stop that, and now they complain that a reflector does it's job pretty well.

Also, as a guy who uses Hero a lot, just rush him down. His frame data in the air is wonky, like only Nair and Up Air come out fast enough to get out of combos, so if you can get in, it's over. Don't over-rely on projectiles.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Doshin the Giant was, like, the best god simulator ever made. You could rule the world with an iron fist or soothe it with love and care. Game was revolutionary and an incredible achievement for not only the 64 but the Gamecube as well, and yet it's now no where to be found. How dies Nintendo do this? Make a revolutionary game and then toss it aside?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
1564964771617.png

Honestly might main Hero

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well yeah, counters exist, but Reddit just can't accept counterplay in the slightest. Projectiles are already hated to an extreme on r/SmashBros, due to Olimar and Snake (and PK Fire because they still can't counter that somehow), so here comes a character that jas a move to stop that, and now they complain that a reflector does it's job pretty well.

Also, as a guy who uses Hero a lot, just rush him down. His frame data in the air is wonky, like only Nair and Up Air come out fast enough to get out of combos, so if you can get in, it's over. Don't over-rely on projectiles.
Flame Sword's a lot better, so just use that for like 20 seconds if need be. Same with Slash Claw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom