• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
wonder if an announcement truly will be in the next direct

people are so thirsty for information now, i'm surprised there aren't 10,000 textleak posters

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well my work decided today to start cutting everyone's hours due to the pandemic. Of course it'll be nice to work less, but I also need money...

wait why cut hours if you're going to go into work anyway? that just seems unnecessary, do they think being around people for 3 hours less will somehow make you not get the virus in time? :nifty:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Well my work decided today to start cutting everyone's hours due to the pandemic. Of course it'll be nice to work less, but I also need money...

meanwhile, my work's been going all willy nilly and changed this week's schedule 2 separate times already pretty much last minute to fit the demand that the pandemic'll bring, giving me a good amount of extra hours in the process

for example, my Wednesday shift was initially 3:30 PM -7:30 PM

then they changed it to 3:30 PM - 8:00 PM

then changed it once again to 3:00 PM - 9:00 PM

working grocery during all this insanity is nuts

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
welp, my work close down for the time being due to the coronavirus.

Sooooo....can I join the House Club now?

D

Deleted member

Two really fantastic news (no pun intended) on this video.

>We are getting a really big compilation of many of the best Silver Age Marvel comics, with a reproduction copy of Fantastic Four#1 included.

>They are going to promote the release of the Fantastic Four DLC in UA3 coming soon with daily sneak peeks of the DLC content until It drops.

It's really great to be a Fantastic Four fan nowadays.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
o-o Dang. I have never seen something like this before. The entire world is going to just stop at some point. ;/ Well, I just hope everyone stays safe.
I mean, after everything we did bad to mother nature, I guess we're getting a reality check of sort for constantly treating it like garbage those last few years.

That aside, I don't think the world is going to stop because of it. For better or worse, the human race never stay down for too long.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Wishing you all well as your work schedules are changing <3

Since I'm technically my own boss it's business as usual, but proceeding with great caution day to day at the moment.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I mean, after everything we did bad to mother nature, I guess we're getting a reality check of sort for constantly treating it like garbage those last few years.

That aside, I don't think the world is going to stop because of it. For better or worse, the human race never stay down for too long.
That's one way to put it. Yeah, I can see that. Guess we can only wait and see, and of course, take precautions.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That's one way to put it. Yeah, I can see that. Guess we can only wait and see, and of course, take precautions.
I hope you & everyone else the best too, 'cuz to be frank, I'm quit sad I won't go back to my work for the next days/weeks. There are some cool peoples where I work at and it's always nice doing something else other than drawing,playing games,etc...

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
wait why cut hours if you're going to go into work anyway? that just seems unnecessary, do they think being around people for 3 hours less will somehow make you not get the virus in time? :nifty:
We're only allowed to have two people at the store at all times now because business is slow since people aren't leaving their houses. Normally we have 7-8 people working throughout the day with overlapping shifts, but now we each work roughly 4-5 hrs a day instead of 9.

But also my job is kinda notorious for not really making the best decisions in situations like these so I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't also the latter of what you said haha.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
It's likely less that they think working less will limit spread and more to do with current demand for the job. I don't know what Good Guy Giygas Good Guy Giygas does, but say they work in a pet store and less people are buying pet supplies, then there's no reason to have the store fully staffed at all times. And in some cases businesses are opening later and closing earlier, so that could be a factor too.

AndreaAC

I hope you & everyone else the best too, 'cuz to be frank, I'm quit sad I won't go back to my work for the next days/weeks. There are some cool peoples where I work at and it's always nice doing something else other than drawing,playing games,etc...
:/ Ah, I get ya'. I mean, I miss going out with my family to the plaza myself, going out of eat, doing treasure hunting, or maybe just going to GameStop to see whatever nice merch they might have, though I am very good at not spending anything if I know it's better to save for an emergency. I can work at home, but well, I need to get a commission first. And in fact, I have some invitation to finish, so at least I got that and I can distract myself with drawing. I honestly doubt I will get any sort of commission at this time, which is unfortunate, but I guess I will try to see the whole Twitter stuff despite it terrifying me.

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
It's likely less that they think working less will limit spread and more to do with current demand for the job. I don't know what Good Guy Giygas Good Guy Giygas does, but say they work in a pet store and less people are buying pet supplies, then there's no reason to have the store fully staffed at all times. And in some cases businesses are opening later and closing earlier, so that could be a factor too.
Yep, this is pretty much it. I'd describe my job as falling into the "non-essential" service category, and right now the demand for our service just isn't there. Like I went in to work yesterday expecting to be busy as it was a nice sunny weekend and we're usually packed on such days, but it was like walking into a ghost town.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
:/ Ah, I get ya'. I mean, I miss going out with my family to the plaza myself, going out of eat, doing treasure hunting, or maybe just going to GameStop to see whatever nice merch they might have, though I am very good at not spending anything if I know it's better to save for an emergency. I can work at home, but well, I need to get a commission first. And in fact, I have some invitation to finish, so at least I got that and I can distract myself with drawing. I honestly doubt I will get any sort of commission at this time, which is unfortunate, but I guess I will try to see the whole Twitter stuff despite it terrifying me.
I heard that you were going to Twitter before, and while I'm not sure how to a feel bout it, I recommend Newground too if you're looking for a website who is cool for artists. I heard good things about it and while it's not as popular as twitter or it's early days, it's still a place made for artists, so check out how it is if you're aren't sure.

Also, go a question on discord, check it out when you can.

AndreaAC

I heard that you were going to Twitter before, and while I'm not sure how to a feel bout it, I recommend Newground too if you're looking for a website who is cool for artists. I heard good things about it and while it's not as popular as twitter or it's early days, it's still a place made for artists, so check out how it is if you're aren't sure.
Oh boy, Newgrounds, it has been ages since I heard of that site. I remember when I was way younger, I would watch those silly Sonic animation compilation videos or play one of the flash games there, or at one point download some music. Indeed it isn't talked as much as back in the day. Maybe, i'll see. At least I want to find a way to avoid Deviantart, because as much as I have seen people get commissioned there...the mere sight of it sickens me.

Also, go a question on discord, check it out when you can.
o-o Hm, yeah, I should ask there too, but I wonder where. I guess I would have to see some sort of servers or something, I don't know.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh boy, Newgrounds, it has been ages since I heard of that site. I remember when I was way younger, I would watch those silly Sonic animation compilation videos or play one of the flash games there, or at one point download some music. Indeed it isn't talked as much as back in the day. Maybe, i'll see. At least I want to find a way to avoid Deviantart, because as much as I have seen people get commissioned there...the mere sight of it sickens me.

o-o Hm, yeah, I should ask there too, but I wonder where. I guess I would have to see some sort of servers or something, I don't know.
Huh, I meant I, as in me, have a question on Discord lol.

And while I'm not expert on Newground, there are really great artists there, so who know, you may find cool peoples who like the same stuff you do. :)

AndreaAC

Huh, I meant I, as in me, have a question on Discord lol.
xD Oh, ok, ok, Sorry, I misunderstood. Of course.

And while I'm not expert on Newground, there are really great artists there, so who know, you may find cool peoples who like the same stuff you do. :)
xD I feel I am going to feel rather weird going back to that place after a decade or so, buy yeah, probably. I just wish the layout looked simpler to use.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
You know what? Something came into my mind.

Why is the Pokeball the only item to represent Pokemon? They weren't other items they could use?

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
You know what? Something came into my mind.

Why is the Pokeball the only item to represent Pokemon? They weren't other items they could use?
Sure, Pokemon has a lot of items, but a good chunk of them would just be more health items and most of them aren't very iconic, and no other item would represent the franchise as well as the Pokeball.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So my brother and sister-in-law who were traveling from New Zealand, Southeast Asia and Europe have decided to come back early. Hopefully they'll get back safe without getting sick.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Anyone think we'll be getting more details of Shantae and the Seven Sirens? I haven't really been caught with the game awhile.

Don't know what else to expect for Indie World.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom