• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Would have vastly preferred a House Lord over Byleth but we got some nice Three Houses content

The background cameos look really rough though, yikes.

MainJPW

M.T.A
So, who is fine with or upset that this is another Fire Emblem character that will be playable?

I know I am fine with this.
We got bare legs to cap it off so I’m good.

I’m just thinking about those succulent, juicy morcels waiting for us in the second pass. Whoever didn’t get what they want probably have something to look forward to. But beware... the wait.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Feelin' lukewarm about it all but I'm more concerned about Byleth's combo of slow movement and what looks like really slow moves, even with their massive range. Wonder if they're gonna end up being a case of crippling overspecialization.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Search your feelings

You KNOW it to be true

People need to stop trying to make patterns when there never were patterns to begin with.
Pretty much. Characters of every era of gaming, multiple companies, first and third party got in.

I am curious as to who'll even be in Season 2, though I guess the guessing game will have the usual suspects with Dante, Hayabusa, Travis and maybe even Arle again.

Still shilling for another Mega Man because why the hell not.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I wonder what Byleth's victory theme will be? It must be different from the other Fire Emblem characters, right?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I honestly don't feel like I'll ever have the right to be disappointed in another fighter again lol

I got Inklings, 2 Metroid characters, K. Rool, Piranha Plant, PECKING JOKER, Hero, Banjo, and now Byleth.

All top ten worthy characters from my want lists.

Like, dang, I really don't have a right to complain about anything that happens after this point :p

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
This reveal is all the more satisfying since I've been binging the **** out of my second play through of TH.

So ****ing happy right now

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Oh. Also, interesting how Reimu is one of the last popular indies left who has no costume or anything. Technically Shantae as well, but she's a spirit which some people swear disconfirm 100%

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That leaves us with a major questions, however...

Was the Cacodemon & Mallow hat a fake leak? Today might have thrown a great big monkey wrench into that old bit.

Sheesh, I cannot English good in the morning...
If fighter six isn’t related to either of those two, I’m guessing probably.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, who is fine with or upset that this is another Fire Emblem character that will be playable?

I know I am fine with this.
Hard to be that disappointed when the character has some decent move/weapon variety. Also that another FE character was something many people already saw coming at some point. So it's not much of a shock. Granted, we already have some that are taking it as a personal affront, but it is what it is. But I'm not a Fire Emblem guy either, so I'm not excited or super disappointed.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It is so bizarre how Sakurai prefaced Byleth’s reveal with talk of secrecy and how shocking it is. Another Fire Emblem protag is the most tame release from the DLC, although ironically how basic of a choice it is actually makes it a bit unexpected and controversial for some.

I was kinda expecting Sora or Crash levels for the last selection. However, I really enjoyed Three Houses, my favorite game in the series. Not a masterpiece, there are glaring flaws, but it’s a grand experience still.

So Byleth is cool with me. And the joke about too many swordsmen and the addition of the other weapon types is a legendary moment for me. :laugh:

Six more adittions is exciting, which also means six more streams with Sakurai which is nice too, because half the fun in the reveals is Sakurai’s charm and enthusiasm. :)

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Although imagine the salt people would've gotten if they dropped Byleth at the Game Awards.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
This also means Crash is on the table again! Hopefully Verge and Sabi are BTFO and know absolutely nothing about these next fighters. But this is a bigger pass and with a longer duration so it's almost positive leaks will happen.

Shroob

Sup?
"Strange how 3 houses didnt get a spirit event or anything"

I've been saying this **** for months.

Yeah, Astral chain finally got it but

I feel very validated rn.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Now that I think about it, was the DMC news related to 3's Switch version having on the fly Style changing? Or is it gonna be something crazier like making Lady playable?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Obligatory Fighter Pass opinions
:ultjoker: Hype: 3/5 Haven't played P5 but his reveal was a great surprise and similar to Cloud for "never gonna happen". Gameplay: 1/5 I suck with Joker.
:ulthero: Hype: 5/5 I really wanted another SE character and I got one. Gameplay: 3/5 Can be fun but I'm mixed on the RNG.
:ultbanjokazooie: Hype: 10/5 Holy **** is all I can say. Gameplay: 2/5 I'm not that good with them unfortunately.
:ult_terry: Hype: 5/5 Have a passing interest in KoF but I was so down for Terry. Gameplay: 10/5 Easily the most fun DLC character gameplay wise for me. BURN KNUCKLE! POWAH DUNK!
Byleth: 0/5 Yay for the 3H fans here though. I would have preferred any of the Mii costumes made a full character tbh (okay, maybe not Rabbid) Gameplay: ?/5. Gotta play them first.
Why not? This might change once I actually get to play as Byleth, but for now, this is my excitement (roughly - you can't put exact numbers towards this sort of thing) regarding their reveals:

:ultjoker:: 8/10 - I wasn't overly familiar with Joker, or Persona as a whole, going into his reveal, but between his reveal and his showcase, I played and beat Persona 5, loved it (it's easily in my top 5 favourite RPGs), and I think he was a great choice.

:ulthero:: 7/10 - it might be lower if it was JUST the Luminary, but including costumes for past Dragon Quest protagonists was a nice touch, allowing the character to pay tribute to the series as a whole rather than seeming like a blatant promotional pick. It also helps that Square-Enix was more generous with spirits and music this time around.

:ultbanjokazooie:: 11/10 - I've wanted them in since the N64 game, but given Microsoft's ownership, I didn't think it would happen. (even when they were getting all buddy-buddy with Nintendo with things like crossplay, Cuphead, and rumours of Ori, I figured it was a longshot) Seeing that Jiggy bounce across the screen was probably the most excited that I've been for a Smash announcement. (it's either that, Snake showing up with Everyone Is Here, or Bayonetta's reveal for Smash 4)

:ult_terry:: 9/10 - I had played the first five King of Fighters games, along with KOF14 and a few Fatal Fury games, before it was leaked that one of the DLC characters would be from SNK, and if we got an SNK character, Terry was easily my first choice.

:ultbyleth: : 6/10 - Fire Emblem: Three Houses was great, though I would have preferred Edelgard. (Byleth's kind of bland, at least within the story) Luckily, they avoided my biggest worries about the character (I was concerned that he'd be like Marth but with some moves similar to the Belmonts, complete with the Fire Emblem staple of a counter) and included a wider variety of weapons rather than just having a sword.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also the new pass will be released by December 2021.

Two more years of this wild ride, let’s go!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Byleth joining Smash and Three Houses showing off their next batch of DLC content...****ing drain me of my money why don’t ya Nintendo

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
"Strange how 3 houses didnt get a spirit event or anything"

I've been saying this **** for months.

Yeah, Astral chain finally got it but

I feel very validated rn.
Pokémon as well.

Granted, it could still happen somewhere down the line, but as of now we have a series that didn't get Spirits added have a character in Smash so the only thing disconfirming a Gen 8 rep is a Spirit Event.

Just something we should keep an eye out for if they don't just announce a Pokémon in the Direct since that presentation was in November and the Direct will literally be when the First Pass has ended, meaning Character #1 is almost guaranteed

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So today we learned,

First parties, especially promotional picks, are game for DLC.

Jon Gamexplain is always right.

Verge and Sabi have no idea what they are doing at this point

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we're talking personal feeling towards the Fighter's Pass. You already know how it is.

:ult_terry:>>>>>>>>>>>>>The rest. :ultbanjokazooie: Are neat too. :ulthero:'s kind of weird to use.

Dude is a real fun character. And is one of the best Fighting game characters in terms of his backstory/lore.

Shroob

Sup?
Pokémon as well.

Granted, it could still happen somewhere down the line, but as of now we have a series that didn't get Spirits added have a character in Smash so the only thing disconfirming a Gen 8 rep is a Spirit Event.

Just something we should keep an eye out for if they don't just announce a Pokémon in the Direct since that presentation was in November and the Direct will literally be when the First Pass has ended, meaning Character #1 is almost guaranteed
We did have a gen 8 spirit event tho

Granted only like 5 spirits.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh ****, Quicksilver and Doppleganger are also in the Quick Style mode through double tapping.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Now that I think about it, was the DMC news related to 3's Switch version having on the fly Style changing? Or is it gonna be something crazier like making Lady playable?
That was the DMC news for today
Still 2 more days for other stuff

D

Deleted member

Obligatory Fighter Pass opinions
:ultjoker: Hype: 3/5 Haven't played P5 but his reveal was a great surprise and similar to Cloud for "never gonna happen". Gameplay: 1/5 I suck with Joker.
:ulthero: Hype: 5/5 I really wanted another SE character and I got one. Gameplay: 3/5 Can be fun but I'm mixed on the RNG.
:ultbanjokazooie: Hype: 10/5 Holy **** is all I can say. Gameplay: 2/5 I'm not that good with them unfortunately.
:ult_terry: Hype: 5/5 Have a passing interest in KoF but I was so down for Terry. Gameplay: 10/5 Easily the most fun DLC character gameplay wise for me. BURN KNUCKLE! POWAH DUNK!
Byleth: 0/5 Yay for the 3H fans here though. I would have preferred any of the Mii costumes made a full character tbh (okay, maybe not Rabbid) Gameplay: ?/5. Gotta play them first.
Joker: 2/5 no from me, not a big fan

Hero: 1/5, never heard of him before Smash

Banjo: 3/5, not a fan, but at least I had heard of him beforehand

Terry: literally who/5 :troll: just not a fan of his reveal

Byleth: 0/5 don't care for FE at all.

Just not gonna buy the pass TBH. Not worth it for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Well pre-evos don't really matter tbh. If we don't have their final evos as Spirits then they're still fair game.

But if that disconfirms them, then it's gonna be Tox like Noi has been saying.

Also, Porky's missing spirit is now even more highly sus. We know 1st Party are fair game now.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I’m 100% on board with Byleth solely because of the fact that his inclusion made this screenshot exist in an official Nintendo presentation, and Sakurai talked about it.

21654CA9-5A78-4863-B2D4-35828083F4D9.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom