• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Welp, looks like Tine traveling is really out of New Horizons, I read it wrong. Guess I gotta play on everyone elses level now
I don't really care about time travelling but the whole no cloud save thing bothers me because it's made me really paranoid that I'll accidentally break my Switch and then 'whoops, there goes hours of progress'

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
This is pretty funny.

yeah, i know, king dedede's missing. and going by the joke, I guess Captain Falcon's missing too lol
still out here trying to comprehend kazooie being an official smash character 5 days on like

1560716821410.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don't really care about time travelling but the whole no cloud save thing bothers me because it's made me really paranoid that I'll accidentally break my Switch and then 'whoops, there goes hours of progress'
I just wanted to time traval oh well, That wont stop me from playing is true
Its been removed? How is that possible?
cloud saving isnt available
But the quote about the time minipulation isnt really perfect as the translation was over google so who knows, I may be able to time traval

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can't speak for your area, but in the US in general it was that big. Ratings they were on par, merchandise was high for both, and there was a large debate among kids on the playground over whether Pokémon or Digimon was better. I still remember the debates I used to have with the kids in my school over how Pokémon was so much better then Digimon (ironic considering I like both nowadays) and there are many kids that had that same experience. Culturally Digimon was very much the accepted rival to Pokémon, and part of that came through the fact that both shared the same success and impact on kids during that time period.

Edit: Found a news report from the timeframe, according to this Digimon actually beat Pokemon in ratings and merchandising over certain weeks.
That's interesting, but from what I understand it ended up more as an US phenomenon. So that's probably the reason why we don't have the same view on the franchise especially since I'm not from the US, even if we are from the western world there are franchises that got different treatment where we lived.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I'm pretty sure Nogami has something against cloud saves, considering that Splatoon 2 doesn't have them either.

I think Cloud Saves killed his father or something.
his best friend is a cloud main who kicks his ass every match

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Really hope they change their mind on the cloud save things ... but can't see a #BringBackCloudSaves hashtag emerging or a successful backlash a la SMM2's online multiplayer

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Concerna on cheating which is reasonable
I disagree. This is the game developer equivalent of punishing the entire classroom because a few kids won't behave.

As someone who's experienced multiple pokemon save data losses in the past, I think enabling save scummers is a small price to pay for some extra save data security for a game you're going to spend countless hours on.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I disagree. This is the game developer equivalent of punishing the entire classroom because a few kids won't behave.

As someone who's experienced multiple pokemon save data losses in the past, I think enabling save scummers is a small price to pay for some extra save data security for a game you're going to spend countless hours on.
i know im in the minority, but as someone who time travaled religiously, Im ok with not being able to. And Im sure Nothing will happen to my game and if anything does, I'll start over

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom