• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
It was an obligatory Part V reference
And SCR is cool as ****

I also looked up some voice actors in Echoes. I've NEVER heard of most of these people
And after seeing Alexis something, who voices Clair, I knew I recognized her voice. It's Lucina's new VA as Laura Bailey was replaced in Heroes after all!
Laura was only replaced for Spring Lucina IIRC

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Something I realized yesterday and forgot. Some forgotten day years ago, one thing I thought about after playing Pokemon was that I wondered what it would be like with a level cap above 100.

Disgaea isn't exactly Pokemon, but between this and BotW letting me go anywhere I want to within the bounds of the map the Switch is treating me and my deepest desires to go beyond the limit shockingly well.

Does the magic work on anything? Do I get Uprising 2 and Gen 4 remakes on the Switch someday, or does the magic only work in subtle and mysterious ways? :4megaman:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Something I realized yesterday and forgot. Some forgotten day years ago, one thing I thought about after playing Pokemon was that I wondered what it would be like with a level cap above 100.

Disgaea isn't exactly Pokemon, but between this and BotW letting me go anywhere I want to within the bounds of the map the Switch is treating me and my deepest desires to go beyond the limit shockingly well.

Does the magic work on anything? Do I get Uprising 2 and Gen 4 remakes on the Switch someday, or does the magic only work in subtle and mysterious ways? :4megaman:
Oh. you got Disgaea 5? Was wondering what you thought of it. Yeah, the level cap is insane, and when you get them to lvl 9999, you can reincarnate them to lvl to 9999 again but stronger. It's nuts

D

Deleted member

You want a live action time stop that looks ****ing amazing?
Maybe it's because I'm a giddy fangirl, but I do want genuine thoughts on this scene
Why does everything look like toys?
0/10 no time-stopping fart sounds
Not memetic enough
Sao did it better
Did he just shoot Star Platinum?
Freeze time needs nerf, you can solo the game with it
Oh. you got Disgaea 5? Was wondering what you thought of it. Yeah, the level cap is insane, and when you get them to lvl 9999, you can reincarnate them to lvl to 9999 again but stronger. It's nuts
What the hell is the stat scaling of this game?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

You would need Disgaeas amount of content to have a lvl cap up to 9,999 and Im not sure pokemon can do that

OhNo.knuckles
I have no idea where this is from
Ok, call me dumb, but that is giving me a good laugh right now. Imma keep that pic and use it for an icon on LINE

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Why does everything look like toys?
0/10 no time-stopping fart sounds
Not memetic enough
Sao did it better
Did he just shoot Star Platinum?
Freeze time needs nerf, you can solo the game with it

What the hell is the stat scaling of this game?

I dunno, we're talking about a game where characters can have 18 million base stats and do 10 billion damage

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You want a live action time stop that looks ****ing amazing?
Maybe it's because I'm a giddy fangirl, but I do want genuine thoughts on this scene
*thinks for a moment*

"Oh, so someone finally decided to use time stopping to do the pragmatic thing and just shoot everyone."

It JUST shipped.

I have played all the way through the demo though, and I'm aware of some of the most basic quirks it has. Needless to say the demo was good enough for me to want to keep playing, LOL. It's gonna be interesting to see how far I'll go. Seems like there's so many mechanics to play with in the game that I'm bound to find a few I want to use despite normally just brute forcing everything. I mean, I'll probably level grind at some point TOO. . .

Also I like every main character I've seen so much as a glimpse of in the demo personality wise except Seraphina. I think all of them except maybe Killia were supposed to be annoying on purpose to facilitate character growth judging by the TV Tropes page, but only Seraphina hit the mark while the brief glimpse of Red Magnus made him seem like a bro and the even briefer one of Christo seemed like he was gonna be fun in his own ice cold way, LOL.

Chrono.

So looking at the P5 concept art and it turns out there's two NPC/Confidants that were originally conceived as playable party members.

The first one is Hifumi on the top right, in the actual game she's the Star Arcana and the expert Shogi player/Gravure model. She's also one of the more popular NPCs of the game thanks to her looks, character and her romance route, not to mention the broken abilities you get by maxing her out.

The second one is a little more shocking and that's Mishima right there on the bottom left. The reason why he's surprising is because he's one of the more involved NPCs, he's your classmate so you see him a lot unlike Hifumi. He also helps out the main character despite not really knowing "how" he actually deals with criminals and such. Otherwise, he's the Moon Arcana and his arc involves him feeling extremely weak and nearly giving into those thoughts, but he snaps out of it.

I feel both could potentially make it into the (inevitable) P5 remake/update as optional party members not unlike Yuffie and Vincent in FF7. Regular party members I don't see them being, cause that would unnecessarily bloat the game way more than it should.

Anyways just thought this was a neat little fact.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
*thinks for a moment*

"Oh, so someone finally decided to use time stopping to do the pragmatic thing and just shoot everyone."

It JUST shipped.

I have played all the way through the demo though, and I'm aware of some of the most basic quirks it has. Needless to say the demo was good enough for me to want to keep playing, LOL. It's gonna be interesting to see how far I'll go. Seems like there's so many mechanics to play with in the game that I'm bound to find a few I want to use despite normally just brute forcing everything. I mean, I'll probably level grind at some point TOO. . .

Also I like every main character I've seen so much as a glimpse of in the demo personality wise except Seraphina. I think all of them except maybe Killia were supposed to be annoying on purpose to facilitate character growth judging by the TV Tropes page, but only Seraphina hit the mark while the brief glimpse of Red Magnus made him seem like a bro and the even briefer one of Christo seemed like he was gonna be fun in his own ice cold way, LOL.
you arent missing much on Seraphina She is as shallow as shallow can be with her "men serve me" attitude

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

OhNo.knuckles

about to try haxing again. . . let's hope I on't brick anything
Wish we had no rumors about the Mario x Rabbids crossover RPG.

Just for this picture to show up with no context whatsoever.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
You would need Disgaeas amount of content to have a lvl cap up to 9,999 and Im not sure pokemon can do that

Ok, call me dumb, but that is giving me a good laugh right now. Imma keep that pic and use it for an icon on LINE
I don't know if I'd say Disgaea has the content to reach lvl 9,999 more so that it just has the right content to reach that. You're going to finish the story and most quest well before you even reach lvl 1,000. After that it's grinding through the item world and other various levels that are randomly generated. Pokemon could defintiely do it if they changed the way trainers in the wild worked among other things

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
you arent missing much on Seraphina She is as shallow as shallow can be with her "men serve me" attitude
At least we get to freeload off of her house while she's forced to hang out with her archrival.

*noblewoman's laugh*

Although considering how much she didn't like Red Magnus I was a little surprised that she still wrote him as being in love with her in the preview. I guess ego exceeds revulsion in this case.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
At least we get to freeload off of her house while she's forced to hang out with her archrival.

*noblewoman's laugh*

Although considering how much she didn't like Red Magnus I was a little surprised that she still wrote him as being in love with her in the preview. I guess ego exceeds revulsion in this case.
She thinks all men are in love with her. Espsialy Killia. Her ego is large. And she stays like that till the end of the game where she gets so development which is, she shoots red Magnus a little less then she used too

And that laugh. Oh god that laugh wore me down

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So in the midst of all this hype that's happening(Fire Emblem Echoes and the OW Anniversary Event tomorrow), I myself remembered that there was apparently supposed to be news about that Rainway App. That App that will allow PC Streaming on Mobile and, as most noted, the Nintendo Switch. So I decided to take a look and...

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...ampson_the_cocreator_of_rainway_and/?sort=top
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw..._pc_streaming_app_has_posted_a_beta/?sort=new
https://twitter.com/RainwayApp/status/865165488816627713

The Co-creator is very adamant in terms of Rainway coming to the Switch. It just shows that an announcement on whether it comes to the Switch or not will either turn out really great or backfire horribly. He did have some interesting things to say though about the idea of Switch clashing with purchases.
The Nintendo Switch is a unique console, it was designed with portability in mind and because Rainway aims to make PC games portable, I feel they can have a strong relationship.

That being said, a lot of people say Rainway would discourage ports to the Switch which I find a bit silly. Streaming isn't (or can't be) for everyone and developers are going to port their games regardless of our app. In fact from our conversations with other developers, they'd be more likely to port their game to a specific platform if a lot of our users played their games via Rainway on it.
We will publish data on what games are being played via our platform, among other things developers will find useful. Some of it will be public, some will need to be requested.

Try and keep in mind our platform has some clear limitations, one of them being an internet connection. Rainway won't work if you take it on a plane, but the Switch still would so having a real port is always more beneficial.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

OhNo.knuckles

How to make Bowser retire from kidnapping Peach: make her look like this.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Spent a good amount of the day today hanging out with some old buds of mine at the local mall. It was great reconnecting after all this time. I really want to spend more time with them while I can before I go back to school in August.

Also met up with this mechanical wonder:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Do some Youtubers think it's hip and cool to make jump cuts in between sentences?

Because it's annoying
Most of them do it to get rid of all the 'Uh's' and 'Umm's' in their commentary to make it more presentable...

Those that do it on purpose for a comedic sense are what makes it annoying...

D

Deleted member

OhNo.knuckles

I can't tell if this image is the punishment for us sinning or the sin itself.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
D

Deleted member

http://www.avclub.com/article/universal-has-titled-its-new-monster-movie-franchi-255739

So the Monster Movie Cinematic Universe has a name now... And I'm only just finding out there's a Monster Movie Cinematic Universe at all.

It's gonna start with Mummy this year and continue with Frankenstein in 2019. I'm just wondering how all this is gonna work.
And now you've taken Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen 's title as the slowest poke ever, because the universal monster universe thing happening is OOOOOOOLD news, like, years ago old.

It started with Dracula Untold.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Switch. Don't expect much for the 3DS anymore. Echoes was most likely the last major game
What about the Kirby fighting game?

Hmm, well, yeah, now that I think about it maybe it will not be major, maybe it will just be Kirby Fighter Ultra Mega Super Duper Deluxe... but I'm sure it will be fun XD

Chrono.

And now you've taken Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen 's title as the slowest poke ever, because the universal monster universe thing happening is OOOOOOOLD news, like, years ago old.

It started with Dracula Untold.
The article literally says "It will kickoff with The Mummy."

Plus I don't really follow movie news.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The mummy movie looks absolutely terrible.

Kinda looks like the sorceress from suicide squad

Not really sure if I'm supposed to be scared or turned on by scantily clad mummy wraps

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want to see a remake of "This island earth"

Add the Metaluna monster into this monster universe

Edit: I'm also not going to care until they remake the creature of the black lagoon

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

You can level up them past 100, but if you battle at all they level up to 100.

Atleast that's what happens in gen 1

****ING HELL YES GODDAMMIT YES

AFTER 10 MONTHS OF TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN. . .I finally have this damn 3ds hacked.

I'm back to the current firmware, and I can do whatever the hell I want with this thing. . .which means I can finally play Smash again, FE SoV after waiting forever for this game, and a hell of a lot more.

. . .**** man I can't believe it's finally over. Thank god.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom