• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth

So I played through Quest 64.

I'm a bit sad, it felt like it had a lot of potential that was lost, there are some really neat ideas (dunno how unique they are, since I haven't played many RPG to compare it too) that could be improved upon. It actually looks good for an N64 game, plenty of eye-catching and almost breathtaking scenes, but more surprisingly the character models were all crazy good. The music was very catchy, if a bit repetitive, I loved the feel of it overall. Can't say much about the RPG aspects since I haven't played many RPGs, I liked the battles at first, until they started getting boring and I ended up running away from them any time I got the chance.

But I'm preaching to the choir, huh. TL;DR I actually enjoyed the game, thanks for pointing it in my direction.

Guess I should properly finish a FF game next...
I'm just about done playing a full playthrough of the Japanese version. Max stat runthrough.

And yeah, I feel the same way(I don't mind the battles, but sometimes they happen a bit too often). It pretty much has a lot of the regular RPG stuff you'd find. Usual leveling up, various monsters to fight, rng enemy drops, towns to visit, a simple goal in mind, etc. It does lack the monetary system(which is too bad, since that is nice to have), which makes items rather different in the way you handle 'em. It definitely has a fairly lackluster story(you can get a bit more of the main story in a secret area, though, which many won't see. You gotta work for more story, but it's still not... much).

I'd say the best point about it is that it has a very good design for leveling up elements/stats. It feels refreshing to not depend entirely on RNG. Of course, this works well due to having only one character.

D

Deleted member

Man who are half these characters in Injustice 2?
Most of them are pretty notable and well known if you're familiar with DC comics, TBH.

Not that there aren't some obscure characters like Grid.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm just about done playing a full playthrough of the Japanese version. Max stat runthrough.

And yeah, I feel the same way(I don't mind the battles, but sometimes they happen a bit too often). It pretty much has a lot of the regular RPG stuff you'd find. Usual leveling up, various monsters to fight, rng enemy drops, towns to visit, a simple goal in mind, etc. It does lack the monetary system(which is too bad, since that is nice to have), which makes items rather different in the way you handle 'em. It definitely has a fairly lackluster story(you can get a bit more of the main story in a secret area, though, which many won't see. You gotta work for more story, but it's still not... much).

I'd say the best point about it is that it has a very good design for leveling up elements/stats. It feels refreshing to not depend entirely on RNG. Of course, this works well due to having only one character.
It would be really great to see a remake or a spiritual successor. Who owns the game, anyway? Wikipedia tells me Imagineer developed it, and THQ published it, but THQ is dead and I can't find any information about Imagineer...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Congrats to Ash Ketchum for turning 10 years old for like the 20th time in a row.
Well in case you didn't know, every time Ash grows older, a new alternate universe Ash who's fresh 10 kills him and takes his place. That's the real reason why Ash's hat is always different.

This also explains his ignorance to Pokémon he's "met" previously and why he re-records them in his Poké Dex.

Hard facts.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

OhNo.knuckles
I have no idea where this is from

about to try haxing again. . . let's hope I on't brick anything
Tbh this is actually hilarious and I would not be disappointed at all if this is legit.

Cudos to whoever made it if it's a fake.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's so easy to hate one another, and so hard to love one another. Things like Manchester don't need to happen. We need to work to LOVE each other. Let's put our ethnicities, religions, politics, sexes, sexualities, and petty ideas aside and love those whom you come into contact with no matter who they are. That alone can save lives.

My heart, love, and prayers goes out to all those affected by Manchester. God bless you all.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Yo, this Blaster Master game's pretty decent actually...played through the first world available in the demo (there's still one more which I'll try out later)

It's main mechanic is centered around switching between using a vehicle or going on foot, and basically features two styles of play one being a 2D metroidvania platformer involving primarily bouncing around in your vehicle, while the other style is a top-down Zelda-like playstyle which involves wandering around on foot...You can travel around the 2D environment on foot as well but you're very limited compared to the vehicle, the top-down mode from what I played is fully focused on foot since you have to enter doorways that you can't access with your vehicle...it seems the bosses are wholly encountered in this top-down mode and function similar to the 2D Zelda bosses...

As if the mix between the 2D Metroid and Zelda styles weren't obvious enough the first boss was LITERALLY called "Mother Brain" and it was basically Arrghus from ALttP the way it functioned...and of course there were underwater jellyfish that looked a lot like Metroids...

There's a couple gripes I have, one is when you're on foot in the 2D mode fall damage is brutally unforgiving cuz even if you fall from what seems like a small drop you'll just die...another is in the Top-down mode the sprite is strangely tall and it was hard to get a grasp of it's hit-box because I found myself just randomly walking into enemies or spiked floors a lot and taking unnecessary damage...

This reminds me actually I still need to get to finishing Axiom Verge, I remember being stuck at this scorpion boss...then BotW hit so nothing else mattered from there...

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
A lot of that could be the same reason some people fear flying despite plane crashes being less common than car crashes...when things go wrong, you notice. When things go well, you don't notice. It's only when your expectations are defied that you take notice, and as such failures seem more common.

There's a name for the phenomenon but the name escapes me.
Isn't that confirmation bias?
This is negativity bias.

Confirmation bias is a preference for data that fits your current hypothesis, opinion, worldview, or what have you.

Though I suppose if you're cynical enough they could be effectively the same.

isnt that why bad things get more attention then good things? Or is that not the same
It pretty much is, yes.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Why does everything look like toys?
0/10 no time-stopping fart sounds
Not memetic enough
Sao did it better
Did he just shoot Star Platinum?
Freeze time needs nerf, you can solo the game with it

What the hell is the stat scaling of this game?

I mean, the belt/gun/chainsaw thing is pretty much a GBA. Plus there's the big ass boon that comes with merchandise driven shows. Forces everything to try to stand out
Breh, the show's already been memetic with a BUNCH of memes spawning from a single guy alone
I will EAT you
Actually, yes, consider the guy who got shot did an Ora Ora in the show
Nah, gotta have the game-breakers!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
This is negativity bias.

Confirmation bias is a preference for data that fits your current hypothesis, opinion, worldview, or what have you.

Though I suppose if you're cynical enough they could be effectively the same.

It pretty much is, yes.
Yeah, comparing the two biases, it seems if you're anxious, cynical or depressed enough they can overlap. Can cause quite a downward spiral.

Sakurai bias also apparently causes problems.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It would be really great to see a remake or a spiritual successor. Who owns the game, anyway? Wikipedia tells me Imagineer developed it, and THQ published it, but THQ is dead and I can't find any information about Imagineer...
Imagineer still does. They stopped making video games, though.

Notably, with copyrights and trademarks, one of them is up. Meaning that Nintendo can easily re-sell the game(s), however, that's all they can do. Any modifications need Imagineer's permission. Kinda odd.

One spiritual successor is Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage. It's very similar in many regards, except it has many improvements on the ideal formula(of battle itself). On the other hand, it basically lacks a decent set of graphics(they're very subpar), is super hard for no reason(easy to run out of materials for magic, being based upon Dungeon and Dragons, the enemies are overpowered, easy game overs, you can't revive your allies despite an item being implemented for it). ...Sadly the music isn't something to write home about. A good way to put it is that it's the opposite of Quest 64. It has what Quest lacks, and lacks what Quest has. Strange. This game didn't come out that long after, and despite some theories, is not basically a retooled sequel to Quest 64(there is a game called Quest 2 that got cancelled, though).

To say the least, this is part of why I like some of the Paper Mario series. The action rpg style is present here(namely it's not just sit back and hope for the best. As you've seen, battle is very active and lets you actually manipulate your chances of winning through proper strategy, akin to Dungeons and Dragons).

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Tin Foil Hat Time:

There are a LOT of ramblings about Marvel reacquiring its characters recently. Like a hell of a lot. I refuse to believe that it's all coincidence. I mean first Dave Bautista mentioned how he thinks that Homecoming could lead to Marvel reacquiring Spider-Man, Kevin Feige just went on record saying "Never say never" about the X-Men and stating the fact that he one day wants to reacquire all the Marvel properties, and now we have Stan 'The Man' Lee himself stating that he wants all the Marvel properties to be under one umbrella.

That's a whole lot of people in a rather short time frame mentioning the situation of Marvel properties. I have some serious doubt that's all coincidence. That's a lot of people on the ladder mentioning the same thing in such short time. Maybe they're just echoing each other but I definitely think SOMETHING is finally happening between Fox and Marvel and maybe even Sony. They may end up doing a joint venture sometime in the future with each different universe belonging to their respective studios still. That's not even mentioning the fact that Hugh Jackman, Robert Downey Jr., Chadwick Boseman, and more have all expressed their want for a crossover between the X-Men and the Avengers and some of those are some big names that could sway decisions big time. I doubt Hugh would pass up the opportunity to work with Downey even if he did say he was done. Meaning that could be a way for Fox to get Jackman back on board.

Holy ****. There is a lot of stuff going on in Marvel right now. Not even gonna mention my fears for the Inhumans TV show with Scott Buck as showrunner because I have a lot to say about that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Tin Foil Hat Time:

There are a LOT of ramblings about Marvel reacquiring its characters recently. Like a hell of a lot. I refuse to believe that it's all coincidence. I mean first Dave Bautista mentioned how he thinks that Homecoming could lead to Marvel reacquiring Spider-Man, Kevin Feige just went on record saying "Never say never" about the X-Men and stating the fact that he one day wants to reacquire all the Marvel properties, and now we have Stan 'The Man' Lee himself stating that he wants all the Marvel properties to be under one umbrella.

That's a whole lot of people in a rather short time frame mentioning the situation of Marvel properties. I have some serious doubt that's all coincidence. That's a lot of people on the ladder mentioning the same thing in such short time. Maybe they're just echoing each other but I definitely think SOMETHING is finally happening between Fox and Marvel and maybe even Sony. They may end up doing a joint venture sometime in the future with each different universe belonging to their respective studios still. That's not even mentioning the fact that Hugh Jackman, Robert Downey Jr., Chadwick Boseman, and more have all expressed their want for a crossover between the X-Men and the Avengers and some of those are some big names that could sway decisions big time. I doubt Hugh would pass up the opportunity to work with Downey even if he did say he was done. Meaning that could be a way for Fox to get Jackman back on board.

Holy ****. There is a lot of stuff going on in Marvel right now. Not even gonna mention my fears for the Inhumans TV show with Scott Buck as showrunner because I have a lot to say about that.
I don't care about the Fox properties until we get Doom back

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I want to see more of X-Men though. But Doom would be a better final boss than Thanos honestly. His character is much more interesting to me.
There's nothing really WRONG with the X-Men, but I've said it before, I'll say it again, and I'll say it many times in the future

We need movies with Victor on Doom as a villain protagonist, showing his rise to tyranny

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo
TIL Rika Matsumoto did a concert in México.
I would happily saved some money to travel to the capital to see her performance if I knew. :substitute:
Actually, I didn't knew she does worldwide tours.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Literally right after I posted my Conspiracy Theory on the Marvel stuff I find this video.
They hit a lot of good points and man o man do I want this to come true.

Just please, movie studios, please!

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Fox keeping X-Men is ok too me. I think adding the expansive X-Men universe in with the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe would be a bit of a mess. Also if it weren't for the popularity of Fox's X-Men films the MCU may not even be a thing, and while some of their movies have been really bad, most of them have been pretty good. Also we get too have R rated movies like Logan and Deadpool, which is something we would probably never see if Marvel owned the rights, since they've been against making R rated films. So I'm not too upset at the fact that Fox holds the rights to the X-Men (I would like to see Wolverine team up with the Avengers at least once though).

Fantastic Four on the other hand needs to go back to Marvel. Fox has done nothing good with the IP and they're just letting it die. It's clear Marvel would do a much better job making FF movies. Also I feel the FF universe and characters would better intergrate with the MCU than the X-Men universe and characters, especially now that they're doing more space stuff.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Here's some funny dialogue to remind you how hilarious Tobin and Gray are:

Keeping it simple with just the name. I couldn't help but chuckle.

Gray must have some weird fascination for whirlpools if he used their image to describe Clair's eyes lol.

And then we have Mae, I couldn't help but relate to her in one scene during one of the later battles in Act 3:

Me too, Mae. Me too.

Chrono.

Gray must have some weird fascination for whirlpools if he used their image to describe Clair's eyes lol.

And then we have Mae, I couldn't help but relate to her in one scene during one of the later battles in Act 3:

Me too, Mae. Me too.
Tobin, Gray and Kliff are genuinely great.

Especially Kliff, love that dude.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Has anyone ever looked into "Sovereign Citizens"...

Because they are friggin' crazy

They believe the articles of confederation is the true constitution of the US. Which, it was the first constitution before the real constitution. Technically, it was removed and replaced with the current constitution because the articles of confederation didn't allow the government to tax its citizens.

If that was all, that wouldn't be TOO CRAZY...

But it goes beyond that. They believe that when the US replaced the articles of confederation, the US changed it's status to a corporation going through bankruptcy and with that status as a corporation instead of a country is running on maritime laws.

They believe they don't have to follow the US laws because only the word of the articles of confederation are true law and the rules enforced by the corporations lapdogs, "The police", doesn't apply to them.

They also believe that people born in the US are all born as slaves to the corporation and as slaves they can sell part of their worth to dissolve ANY form of debt they accumulate. Thinking the birth certificate is a bond worth a nearly infinite amount of money and all they have to do is tell whoever they owe money to, including the government, to just deduct it from that.

Edit: They also believe people in the US are legally not people, but "Sea vessels"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I will EAT you
I T W I L L M A K E Y O U S T R O N G E R

Me too, Mae. Me too.
When they about to reveal an important plot point but the writers gotta fill in 3 seasons

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, this is annoying. Nearly got Eltail Monsters finished... and then I find out I'm missing one spirit bubble. Gah. 97 done already. This could take a long time to find. ._.;

D

Deleted member

So since we're in less than a month away from this year's E3, how about speaking about our most and least favorite editions of it by Nintendo?
Afm:

Most favorite: 2010
For DKCR, Kid Icarus: Uprising and 3DS's reveal and line-up alone.

Least favorite: 2015
For having succeeded to be worse than 2003, 2008 and 2012 combined.

Bumping this question of mine as it has been massively overshadowed by all the recent FEESoV discussion.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Jobbers
Most of them are pretty notable and well known if you're familiar with DC comics, TBH.

Not that there aren't some obscure characters like Grid.
Grid is like the only one I had to google.
Which ones are you referring too, because I'd be happy to explain any of them
What's a Batman?
Has anyone ever looked into "Sovereign Citizens"...

Because they are friggin' crazy

They believe the articles of confederation is the true constitution of the US. Which, it was the first constitution before the real constitution. Technically, it was removed and replaced with the current constitution because the articles of confederation didn't allow the government to tax its citizens.

If that was all, that wouldn't be TOO CRAZY...

But it goes beyond that. They believe that when the US replaced the articles of confederation, the US changed it's status to a corporation going through bankruptcy and with that status as a corporation instead of a country is running on maritime laws.

They believe they don't have to follow the US laws because only the word of the articles of confederation are true law and the rules enforced by the corporations lapdogs, "The police", doesn't apply to them.

They also believe that people born in the US are all born as slaves to the corporation and as slaves they can sell part of their worth to dissolve ANY form of debt they accumulate. Thinking the birth certificate is a bond worth a nearly infinite amount of money and all they have to do is tell whoever they owe money to, including the government, to just deduct it from that.

Edit: They also believe people in the US are legally not people, but "Sea vessels"
Those guys are kinda funny. Complete loons

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Which characters aren't you familiar with? They definitely seemed to be pulling in some lesser known characters, though that does help to get them more spotlight.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
the funny thing about injustice 2's roster is all of the new characters (outside of damien wayne) are well liked and popular

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Sub-Zero isn't. At least when it comes to Injustice
Nah it's the vocal minority that hate him.
He'll still be one of the highest selling DLC characters. More so than Red Hood.
Sub-Zero will only be outdone if they add Spawn or maybe Hellboy.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Me too, Mae. Me too.
The only thing I can derive from Gray's analogy is that any time he looks into Clair's eyes, he gets swept into an uncontrollable mess of feelings, like how a whirlpool sweeps you away.

Either that, or he's just a horndog who's bad at pick up lines.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Nah it's the vocal minority that hate him.
He'll still be one of the highest selling DLC characters. More so than Red Hood.
Sub-Zero will only be outdone if they add Spawn or maybe Hellboy.

And all three would be outdone if they added Goku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom