• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
This one was interesting. The Spiral Knight was close, very close. But Zephyr managed to beat him. So the Resonance of Fates fans came out of the wood work to help their favorite blonde gunner. Both Hibana and Max fared horribly out of the four.

This next bunch gets a bit more obscure with some recognizable PC and 3DS titles. Your choices are Set from Virtua Quest, Phantom R from Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure, Ash from Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit, and Total War's Shogun (from obviously Shogun: Total War).

There was a problem fetching the tweet

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently there was some bombs that went off in an ariana grande concert in "Manchester"

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
That Rabbids artwork scared the crap outta me. Looks legit, although I think I've seen that Luigi before.

Also I really want a Yooka Laylee date announcement for Switch.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Kinda wish SiIvaGunner would move on from the Inspector Gadget rips.

It was cute/weird at first but now it's getting old.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So about my making Tobin a mercenary, and ignoring basically everyone who says to make him an archer instead:
76% crit... Yeah, I'd say my way is starting to pay off. I haven't even reached Nuibaba's mansion yet, I'm not grinding, and he already has access to the Villager promotion loop, after which he should reach about 90% crit or so. He's just that good.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Got my copy of Echoes in the mail today. I sadly have to work tonight so I don't have much time to play beyond the opening levels, but I at least have the next two days off. So far it's actually pretty close to the original game itself. Hidden Gem indeed.

The presentation reminds me a lot of Kid Icarus Uprising. Granted I still want animated sprites back instead of drawn portraits, but a new standard has been set for the series. Hopefully the new Switch game uses the system's full capabilities.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
So for those that have played Echos how is the dungeon like game-play? Also is the Rng as bad as Fates? Am I going to see an 87% accuracy move miss as frequently as a 13% hits again

Also I need to somewhat visit here more occasionally because I've been getting bored easily..

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

****, I can't believe Echoes came out and I forgot to post this.
I hope you all liked Chapter 2
https://youtu.be/TEKMgN4li7A
Not embedding it due to minor NSFW content
Got my copy of Echoes in the mail today. I sadly have to work tonight so I don't have much time to play beyond the opening levels, but I at least have the next two days off. So far it's actually pretty close to the original game itself. Hidden Gem indeed.

The presentation reminds me a lot of Kid Icarus Uprising. Granted I still want animated sprites back instead of drawn portraits, but a new standard has been set for the series. Hopefully the new Switch game uses the system's full capabilities.
I don't really mind losing out on the animated portraits if it means having drawn ones instead of sprites
Sure the speaking and blinking animations look nice but with voice acting it's just going to look weird
So for those that have played Echos how is the dungeon like game-play? Also is the Rng as bad as Fates? Am I going to see an 87% accuracy move miss as frequently as a 13% hits again
Well, yes, Echoes uses single RNG so 87% is 87% and 13% is 13%

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Also is the Rng as bad as Fates? Am I going to see an 87% accuracy move miss as frequently as a 13% hits again
Err

I am 99% sure Fates didn't have an RNP problem considering its straight mathematics.

I think you just got unluckly.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I don't really mind losing out on the animated portraits if it means having drawn ones instead of sprites
Sure the speaking and blinking animations look nice but with voice acting it's just going to look weird
I'm still pretty early into the game so I have yet to give a final opinion. The full voice acting certainly helps though.

Awakening/Fates was really awkward in terms of presentation IMO with most of the voice acting just being grunts or yells together with stiff-moving portraits. It was very much a departure from the rest of the series at the time.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Err

I am 99% sure Fates didn't have an RNP problem considering its straight mathematics.

I think you just got unluckly.
Eh feels like it is rigged Tbh.. Then again I feel the same way about Pokémon lol it just feels like you encounter more misses than hits too often..

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Eh feels like it is rigged Tbh.. Then again I feel the same way about Pokémon lol it just feels like you encounter more misses than hits too often..
A lot of that could be the same reason some people fear flying despite plane crashes being less common than car crashes...when things go wrong, you notice. When things go well, you don't notice. It's only when your expectations are defied that you take notice, and as such failures seem more common.

There's a name for the phenomenon but the name escapes me.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
A lot of that could be the same reason some people fear flying despite plane crashes being less common than car crashes...when things go wrong, you notice. When things go well, you don't notice. It's only when your expectations are defied that you take notice, and as such failures seem more common.

isnt that why bad things get more attention then good things? Or is that not the same

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
@Guun

So I played through Quest 64.

I'm a bit sad, it felt like it had a lot of potential that was lost, there are some really neat ideas (dunno how unique they are, since I haven't played many RPG to compare it too) that could be improved upon. It actually looks good for an N64 game, plenty of eye-catching and almost breathtaking scenes, but more surprisingly the character models were all crazy good. The music was very catchy, if a bit repetitive, I loved the feel of it overall. Can't say much about the RPG aspects since I haven't played many RPGs, I liked the battles at first, until they started getting boring and I ended up running away from them any time I got the chance.

But I'm preaching to the choir, huh. TL;DR I actually enjoyed the game, thanks for pointing it in my direction.

Guess I should properly finish a FF game next...

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Downloading the Blaster Master Zero demo cuz its free and it looks like a decently fun game...it's actually really cheap as well so if I like it I may buy it...it has that Gunvolt DLC as well but we're not going there just yet...
It's probably going to be short as **** judging by how cheap it is...

There really should be more demos available on the Switch...Apart from demos I've played Just Dance is the only other one I found and that's not a game I'm interested in at all...

But that's still just one demo...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Yoooooo

That emoji is in bad taste
Yoooooo

He always posts that emoji. :V

But now that you brought it up, I can't get the image out of my head of that character sitting on a chair looking at a laptop reading that article with that face.

I shouldn't be laughing but that's why I'm going to hell. :4gaw:

But my heart goes out to affected friends and family. This is a difficult time for them no doubt.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Isn't that confirmation bias?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom