• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Ah, I remember the days of Crashboards and the PotD hype. Good times...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
What is a reddit tier?
A miserable pile of preferences of some players....blah, blah, Dance of Illusions

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I just discovered that brownies were made while I was napping earlier. Today is awesome!

D

Deleted member

I wasn't talking about you. You said atleast G&W wasn't second last, Palutena is one of my mains and she's second last(ignoring miis). :facepalm:
Solution: Set custom moves as a standard; :4palutena: gets better as a result. Or have two different tier lists.. one not featuring custom moves and one having them. Dunno.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I wonder why Palutena's that low. Whenever I play her, I usually dominate the opponent, same with Zelda.
probably because of her move are laggy and don't have that much power,and some of her specials aren't that useful.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The satisfaction of wrecking an opponent using Standard Palutena is really good

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Tires Don Exit M8 :4villager:

But seriously, tiers are dumb. It's just a superficial looking list that melee fanboys take seriously. This being Sm4sh, tiers don't even matter. Besides, it's still too early, and I know this because whoever made this placed Donkey Kong and Ike in low tiers, which is laughable. And that's just one thing, but seriously it doesn't matter.

Soul.

Palutena's grab game is good though.
If we're talking about customs then Lightweight → down throw → fair nair whatever and KO the opponent near the blast zone.
Super Speed → BAir is good.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I chose a lot of fairly decent to kinda bad characters to main; Little Mac, Bowser Jr., The Doc, Jiggs, so I can see all of my mains being put that way in tiers. :/

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So I heard GameStop stores are no longer taking red New Nintendo 3DS XL preorders.

Glad I preordered one the day it was announced.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Unless they make a Pokemon main series game exclusive to new 3ds, I don't really NEED one

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Hey, a new tier list.
:4drmario: is last if you don't count Miis.
That shows you how tier lists are dumb. I do perfectly fine with Doc, but apparently due to "not being played in tournaments a lot" and his reputation of "being a bad Mario" gives him the last place.

It's only a tier list based on one group of people. How would it be "official" anyway. I could create a tier list too, claim to created it with a group of people and call it "official", it would be the same.

Tier lists gives more problems than anything else anyway.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Tier lists are gonna be dumb for a long while because no one knows a whole lot yet. Not a lot of people are even aware that its actually gunner that is the worst mii fighter and that Swordfighter slaughters mii Brawler.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So I heard GameStop stores are no longer taking red New Nintendo 3DS XL preorders.

Glad I preordered one the day it was announced.
Good, Red is a bad color :4villagerf:
Unless they make a Pokemon main series game exclusive to new 3ds, I don't really NEED one
inb4 the Sinnoh Remakes are New 3DS exclusive

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Tier lists are gonna be dumb for a long while because no one knows a whole lot yet. Not a lot of people are even aware that its actually gunner that is the worst mii fighter and that Swordfighter slaughters mii Brawler.
Besides, the only reason tier lists exist are for 3 things : helping beginners to start finding a character, judging the character competitive potential and to judge the players who play the characters. This third reason should not be there.

That's a trait of the human nature : judging. The problem is how judging can affect players, how they can affect their playstyles, moral and thoughts about the game. Look at Melee : Fox is top tier, people are still saying that maining Fox is only a joke, that there's no real "Fox" main and everyone just follows one tier list.
Brawl was an exception : Metaknight was really a problem, and seeing how nerfed he was in Smash 4 shows you how he was technically speaking "broken". But the tier lists still created hate on those Metaknight mains, who despite liking their characters are hated just for playing a character they like.
And that's how Smash 4 is turning into : in some years, maining Diddy will be a simple standard, but a lot of people will play him since he's ranked high. Due to this high place, Diddy will be even more hated, thus giving this hate to the players who actually like playing the character.

A tier list can help, yes. But a tier list, even when you say you don't need to follow it, people will still judge it, create problems with it, rant on nothing and forgetting the fun to just play the character you like.

I don't like tier lists, and like those ranting dudes that rant on who's OP and who's not, I'm yelling on nothing. I should just ignore it.

Soul.

Meh. Honestly I can care less if the Sinnoh remakes are on the New 3DS.
I'll get one anyway.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Dear lord, people can be pathetic on For Glory.

Optional: For Glory rant.
First match of the day was a Robin who starts to charge Thunder which is all right since a lot of characters with chargeable Specials tend to do that and stock up like Lucario, Samus, Mewtwo, DK, and maybe someone else I'm missing in the SSB series. Anyway, it seemed fine until I got in as Mega Man and started shooting lemons, well, the Robin shot Thunder? for some reason and it clanked with Mega Man's lemon. Then the roll-fest began... Jaysus, nothing, but rolls while I grabbed, Dash Attacked, and punished the rolls. Well, the Robin started to mix it up with Dash Attacks and Elwind. It was sad, especially after a Dash Attack knocked me off the stage and the Robin taunted. Somehow, that happened again, and the Robin taunted again. I ended up 2 stocking this Robin and left because that match was absolute bull.

Second match was against a Shulk who spammed Back Slash, Air Slash, Side Smash, and Up Smash. Oh, and he used Shield Art for no real reason - it let me combo him even more - and tried to use Smash, but I think that killed him because of the added knockback. I won the match, he switches to Ike and spams Quickdraw, Counter, Aether, and Side Smash. I ended up doing Side Smash instead of Ftilt with Mega Man and he counters and kills me. Well, the idiot taunts below my spawn point, so I fast fall and Mega Uppered KO'ing him instantly since he was at around 140%. Why you would taunt below a spawn point, I have no idea. I win this match again. He leaves.

I met a Kirby who was all right except for the Stone fishing which allowed me to punish with Mega Upper, Up Smash, or grab. I got caught by an Up Smash by being stupid and running into Kirby, but I end up winning the match. This dude switches to Sonic of all characters and spams Spin Dash and Charge along with sitting and waiting for Up Smash to connect. He SD's within the first 10 to 30 seconds of the match with Spin Dash. He comes back and does better, but I end up 2 stocking him. Dude leaves. His Kirby was way better than Sonic who could only land cookie cutter combos. Why would you switch? Adapt with your main or pick another character you're familiar with instead of a "high tier = win button" character.

I met an aggressive Link and wow, even though this dude was all right, he was the best Link I ever fought. He used projectiles as a wall and rushed in when you didn't know what to do. That's a Link I want to fight. Most Links camp and when they're caught, they roll away to set up camp. This dude once I broke his projectile wall, went head to head and defeated my Ganondorf. The amount of damage he tacked on and aggression made it difficult to deal with Ganondorf who's slow and needs time to land those hits. Well, he switches to character to character and it was fun since I ended up using Toon Link and Ike against him. He had a good Greninja too, but it was predictable since he kept abusing Shadow Sneak and Water Shuriken. Now, he used Hydro Pump as an edgeguard and a way to keep me away from him. His Sheik wasn't good and his Mega Man, the first character I fought needed more aggression like Link. With more experience and not doing things like charging and waiting with Smashes and being more unpredictable, this dude would be a beast of a player with his Link and Greninja.

D

Deleted member

Meh. Honestly I can care less if the Sinnoh remakes are on the New 3DS.
I'll get one anyway.
Well, there'd be a Gen 7 on the same platform (3DS) but I don't think they'll release D/P remakes at this point. Maybe when the successor comes out or whatever.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Kirby is the same tier as DK lolok
Palutena and Zard aren't that low
Shulk is higher than Link? Eeeeehhhh
Grain of salt
I think Shulk gets placed too high often purely because monado, Shulk is good yes but people seem to tier him as if he can have each monado power on for as long as they want.

Ive seen arguments that Shulk beats certain characters due to speed monado but its like 12 seconds of high speed can be stalled with grabs and such and because its not persistent it cant be used as such a heavy factor but people do it anyway.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Boy am I sure glad Captain Falcon doesn't suck this time around.

Soul.

Well, there'd be a Gen 7 on the same platform (3DS) but I don't think they'll release D/P remakes at this point. Maybe when the successor comes out or whatever.
Gen 5 was on the DS as well, so....
They want to keep supporting the 3DS. Either way I won't care. They are Sinnoh remakes.
Gen 7 could be on 3DS but I dunno.
Cept :4zelda: :troll:
Good thing no one really from the Zelda thread comes here
lolzelda

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992