• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Ended up waking up extremely early, so I decided to watch the rest of it.

It was OK, I did like what I saw of Fossil Fighters, the new Fire Emblem, Codename: STEAM, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Galaxy 2, Monster Hunter 4, and Xenoblade X. I'm a bit disappointed in the HW DLC, not because of Tingle, but because I wanted Skull Kid and Young Link doesn't really catch my interest, maybe he'll impress me when I get to play as him.

As for Marth's VA, is it possible that it's Spike Spencer?

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wait... Fire Emblem amiibos for Code STEAM? I guess this means no one is ever going to play as Marth in that game then.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
For the first 3 thirds, I didn't like the Direct at all.

But news on Monster Hunter 4, Majora's Mask, Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS and Codename S.T.E.A.M. made up for it.

MAJORA'S MASK IN ONE MONTH, BA-BEYYYYYYYYY!

Also, Wii Virtual Console? Really? I get it speeds up the loading process, but come on. We STILL don't have any Gamecube VC! OR the DS VC you bothered to mention last year.
I find your lack of appreciation for the new Fire Emblem disturbing.

As for Marth's VA, is it possible that it's Spike Spencer?
Perhaps.

I think Ike is voiced by Matthew Mercer. He sounds a lot like Chrom.

plumpythepanda

Smash Cadet
NNID
plumpythepanda
3DS FC
3325-1502-8082
The majora's mask N3DS is NOT a bundle.
I'm so disappointed.
I was gonna get it but now I'm kinda deciding against it. It would come out to about $260 to get the new 3DS, charger, and game. if not more. That really ruined it for me.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Wait... Fire Emblem amiibos for Code STEAM? I guess this means no one is ever going to play as Marth in that game then.
The game is made by the same guys who did FE. So it's "normal" that they put them in, just to bring more people.

By the way, Nintendo is really counting on the Amiibos to make a lot of money. I mean, we got the Smash Amiibos, Mario exclusive Amiibos...what's next ? Splatoon Amiibos ? The Legend of Zelda Amiibos ?
The list could go on and on if they keep putting Amiibos like this.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The game is made by the same guys who did FE. So it's "normal" that they put them in, just to bring more people.

By the way, Nintendo is really counting on the Amiibos to make a lot of money. I mean, we got the Smash Amiibos, Mario exclusive Amiibos...what's next ? Splatoon Amiibos ? The Legend of Zelda Amiibos ?
The list could go on and on if they keep putting Amiibos like this.
I mean that we cannot get Marth amiibos anymore... so we will never play as Marth in that game.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Steam still looks pretty drab to me, and I'll have to see more of the new FE before I can say anything about it.
I did enjoy Awakening though, so as long as it improves that formula, it should be good.

Splatoon just keeps getting better the more I see of it. And it releases in my birth month!

I hope I won't have a hard time getting a New 3DS and MM on launch. Or the Ness and Pac Amiibo for that matter.

I'm also interested in getting both Xenoblade games eventually.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Is this your metaphor of a mental breakdown? Repeating a sentence to yourself while become Reggieface?
Chronicles of Frostwraith, Chapter 7, Section 822: "Not owning a 3DS is ignoring quality."

Of course, as it is dictated on Chapter 1, Section 154: "Any human being who does not search for quality is secretly suffering."

And, from the next section: "It is my job to either protect people from suffering, or to being true agony to them. Depending on my mood, of course."

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I mean that we cannot get Marth amiibos anymore... so we will never play as Marth in that game.
There will be more Marth amiibos if they announced a game with him in it you fool. :4marth:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
For some reason, now knowing the New 3DS officially releases a month later after receiving my early copy... somehow it feels less special now.

I was expecting at least a couple months... Oh well.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Wait. You don't have a 3DS?

Tight budget :/ Funny story, I would have gotten a 3DS instead of WiiU a year ago if they announced MM3DS and the buildt-in second stick edition at that time. Now, while Im still super cool with that, Im much less hyped to invest. I just got a PS4 and will be buying a new TV, so I cant afford to throw money all around willy nilly.

Soul.

Chronicles of Frostwraith, Chapter 7, Section 822: "Not owning a 3DS is ignoring quality."

Of course, as it is dictated on Chapter 1, Section 154: "Any human being who does not search for quality is secretly suffering."

And, from the next section: "It is my job to either protect people from suffering, or to being true agony to them. Depending on my mood, of course."
"Chronicles of Frostwraith." That made me laugh. xD
Owning a 3DS is bliss. inb4 owning a Wii U is also a bliss

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Could someone embed the direct from youtube? I'm at school:c

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
For some reason, now knowing the New 3DS officially releases a month later after receiving my early copy... somehow it feels less special now.

I was expecting at least a couple months... Oh well.
Think of it this way, at least we can now all C-Stick in unison.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
@Azure Warrior must be happy Tingle is dancing in Hyrule Warriors. :troll:
Also, uh, Pokémon Shuffle looks like Pokémon Trozei.
It's Trozei! But with the ability to pay off your 10 minute wait period! :p

Perhaps.

I think Ike is voiced by Matthew Mercer. He sounds a lot like Chrom.
Sounds like it, and it wouldn't be that out there if that's the case considering Jason Adkins doesn't work with the other actors and it'd be easier to contact Matthew Mercer for it.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Think of it this way, at least we can now all C-Stick in unison.
Except the C-Stick isn't as good as they make it out to be. For me, anyway.

Unless I get used to it, it may be best used as camera control or other non-action orientated controls only.

Charging smashes with it in Smash 3DS was inconsistent for me, especially on the fly. It would release too quickly even though my thumb was still on the stick. Sometimes it would do the wrong smash because my thumb was pressing the wrong side of such a small control stick.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Saw the Direct. Wanted Mewtwo date info. Dissappointed.

Didn't care about majority of the other stuff there aside from Splatoon and the New 3DS itself. A little Monster Hunter too.

Don't like the change to MicroSDs. Hate those. Had an 8GB SDHC for my 3DS and it's now useless. Thanks Nintendo.

GameStop apparently might be doing a trade-in thing. 3DS trade in is $75 off the New. 3DSXL is $100 off. Won't hold my breath since it sounds too convenient.

Look forward to the extra buttons and C-Stick for Smash.

Young Link looks adorable. Fierce Deity looks amazing.

Don't care about Tingle. Not interesting.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
I'll be honest, this direct wasn't that Hype compared to other ones.

In fact, it almost felt disappointing :ohwell:
I'm glad I'm not alone on that.

I was almost sure they'd pull a "right after this direct" move with Mewtwo, we learnt almost nothing about MM3D, Wii games instead of GameCube felt like a troll move, (not to mention I bought both Metroid Prime Trilogy and Punch Out!! Wii at the same time 8 months ago) and as for the new Fire Emblem game, I don't care too much about it for the following reasons:

1. I'm not finished Awakening yet

2. It'll take FOREVER to localize

3. It's not on Wii U (a nitpick, I know)

4. It probably means FE X SMT is cancelled

5. I'm probably alone on this one, but the game looks too much like a generic JRPG. I mean you have maids, girls being saved from falling to their deaths as well as over the top weapons and armour! ;) And of course given the game's "East vs West" theme means the East is obviously gonna be the good guy, just cuz. :rolleyes:

/END RANT/

XC X, Splatoon and HW DLC look great, tho.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
5. I'm probably alone on this one, but the game looks too much like a generic JRPG. I mean you have maids, girls being saved from falling to their deaths as well as over the top weapons and armour! ;) And of course given the game's "East vs West" theme means the East is obviously gonna be the good guy, just cuz. :rolleyes:
The armors aren't as over the top as in Awakening, to be honest.

Other FE games have always been Western inspired, so it's nice to see Eastern stuff for a change. There will be monsters as well, so maybe it's East and West vs. monsters by the end of the game. Some of the Western looking characters seem to be good guys.

I agree it looks a lot more like a typical JRPG, which may cause further division to the FE fanbase...

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I'm interested in getting into the Monster Hunter games. I went to go buy Monster Hunter 3 for the 3DS, and the guy serving me was gushing over his love for the franchise.

From what he told me, it does sound pretty damn cool. The part that caught my ears was how defeating each unique monster required a different strategy each time.

Can't wait to get home!

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Everybody here is being disappointed by the Direct...
Meanwhile I'm still trying to figure out who pranked me.

I didn't get to see the full direct, nor did I have sound, so I don't have any definitive opinion it yet.
Anywho, how are you guys today?

Soul.

I'm glad I'm not alone on that.

I was almost sure they'd pull a "right after this direct" move with Mewtwo, we learnt almost nothing about MM3D, Wii games instead of GameCube felt like a troll move, (not to mention I bought both Metroid Prime Trilogy and Punch Out!! Wii at the same time 8 months ago) and as for the new Fire Emblem game, I don't care too much about it for the following reasons:

1. I'm not finished Awakening yet

2. It'll take FOREVER to localize

3. It's not on Wii U (a nitpick, I know)

4. It probably means FE X SMT is cancelled

/END RANT/

XC X, Splatoon and HW DLC look great, tho.
When was SMTxFE first announced again? 2013? I think it was announced that year.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Posted over at Serenes forest:

The card style reminds me of another TCG, but I can't put my finger on it. Any guesses?

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
There will be more Marth amiibos if they announced a game with him in it you fool. :4marth:
You think they will make more Marth amiibos just because they announced that Marth amiibo is compatible with STEAM?

I wish they made more games that are compatible with Villager and Wii Fit Trainer amiibos so Nintendo will be forced to make more amiibos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom