• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm glad I'm not alone on that.

I was almost sure they'd pull a "right after this direct" move with Mewtwo, we learnt almost nothing about MM3D, Wii games instead of GameCube felt like a troll move, (not to mention I bought both Metroid Prime Trilogy and Punch Out!! Wii at the same time 8 months ago) and as for the new Fire Emblem game, I don't care too much about it for the following reasons:

1. I'm not finished Awakening yet

2. It'll take FOREVER to localize

3. It's not on Wii U (a nitpick, I know)

4. It probably means FE X SMT is cancelled

5. I'm probably alone on this one, but the game looks too much like a generic JRPG. I mean you have maids, girls being saved from falling to their deaths as well as over the top weapons and armour! ;) And of course given the game's "East vs West" theme means the East is obviously gonna be the good guy, just cuz. :rolleyes:

/END RANT/

XC X, Splatoon and HW DLC look great, tho.
Or SMTxFE is just going Duke Nukem mode. :troll:
Real talk though, it's still in development. Who knows? It might make a comeback at E3 this year.

Soul.

Huh.

So this is the boxart. They make sure it's a New 3DS exclusive title and the customers think it's for the normal 3DS. Just you watch.

Also....

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
ok, so, I really thought about it and let me back what I said because I just checked some dates.

Basically, both awakening and sticker star were worken on on the same time frame. Even more, awakening was announced quite far in dev while as sticker star was announced very early in dev and it got a huge extent since we know there was a project shift that needed a lot more time.

I could explain the long version, but because of the leak being on for so mch time (and the direct confirmed it willbe on for 2 more months reaching the year and a half), welll...

basically this music explains it:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
The game is made by the same guys who did FE. So it's "normal" that they put them in, just to bring more people.

By the way, Nintendo is really counting on the Amiibos to make a lot of money. I mean, we got the Smash Amiibos, Mario exclusive Amiibos...what's next ? Splatoon Amiibos ? The Legend of Zelda Amiibos ?
The list could go on and on if they keep putting Amiibos like this.
there's only one way they will make money with me...

Paper Mario amibo.

Because honestly, I so far find them useles....

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

Waluigi is a very sneaky political man.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Huh.

So this is the boxart. They make sure it's a New 3DS exclusive title and the customers think it's for the normal 3DS. Just you watch.
At least they've made the distinction explicit so it's easier to tell, rather keeping the same design format as the previous versions.

If a customer tries to complain about getting the wrong game version, they'll look like a fool.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
That direct was okay. Splatoon, Fire Emblem and Wave 4 were hype worthy.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Fire Emblem - Great to see a new game, but why did you have to go with the same character artist as FE13? >_> Also not being on Wii U is surprising.

Codename Steam - Still iffy on despite my knowing that the gameplay will be awesome because Valkyria Chronicles, great to see FE amiibo make an appearance. LMAO at Marth's super attack using Wrys.

New 3DS - That C-Stick is tempting, still not sure if it's worth it though.

Amiibo - Definitely getting Ness/Charizard/Pacman/Lucina, I don't see the regular Mario amiibos doing that well.

Posted over at Serenes forest:

The card style reminds me of another TCG, but I can't put my finger on it. Any guesses?
Nintendo's restarting the FE TCG again? Cool I guess. Great to see Caeda there. Hope it comes to the USA.

D

Deleted member

I think my only takeaway from the Mario Party 10 stuff is the fact that DK is playable again.
I never thought I would see the day.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Young Link in Hyrule Warriors looks so cute. ♡v♡
Erhem, anyways yeah. Splatoon. **** looks pretty good. Better than before. It sounds similar to TF2's setup but not the exact, but I have no gripes about that. I will be getting this game, that's for sure.

...And I don't give a **** about the rest- so that's my input on the direct. :v

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Oh, so @ Rocket Raccoon Rocket Raccoon made my name pink... yeah... I care so much... *yawn*

Anyway, about the Direct, my favorite part was definetely the FE Amiibo compatibility with S.T.E.A.M.

Mario Party 10 looks OK.

Xenoblade X is ginormous. Really, I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes one of the most expensive games on the system.

I had more expectations about Splatoon info.

Tingle and :younglinkmelee: in HW? Another reason to hat why DLC isn't available in my country.

Am I the only who at the start of the FE trailer thought it was gonna be for Wii U?

Yay! :4pacman: and :4lucina: Amiibos!

Last edited:

Soul.

At least they've made the distinction explicit so it's easier to tell, rather keeping the same design format as the previous versions.

If a customer tries to complain about getting the wrong game version, they'll look like a fool.
True. The New 3DS boxarts look smaller than the normal 3DS ones.
Even with the title being "New Nintendo 3DS," I can see people getting the game and not think it's an exclusive title.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Of, so @ Rocket Raccoon Rocket Raccoon made my name pink... yeah... I care so much... *yawn*

Anyway, about the Direct, my favorite part was definetely the FE Amiibo compatibility with S.T.E.A.M.

Mario Party 10 looks OK.

Xenoblade X is ginormous. Really, I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes one of the most expensive games on the system.

Tingle and :younglinkmelee: in HW? Another reason to hat why DLC isn't available in my country.

Am I the only who at the start of the FE trailer thought it was gonna be for Wii U?

Thank you for unintentionally answering my question.

D

Deleted member

True. The New 3DS boxarts look smaller than the normal 3DS ones.
Even with the title being "New Nintendo 3DS," I can see people getting the game and not think it's an exclusive title.
Well, people should ask to the store or browse the net to figure out the differences between the 3DS and the New 3DS. It's extremely easy. :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sweet. I really wanted to play as Tingle in HW myself. I'm meh on Young Link, although Fierce Deity showing up is cool too. I wanted Skull Kid as the second character.

No issues with the rest of the Direct. I almost thought FExSMT was the first trailer, due to the strange summoning and such. I was wrong, of course. Not disappointed, though.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I wanna ask someone in my family to get me a New 3DS for my birthday, but I'm afraid that they might not get the correct version.

Also, I finally changed my avatar!
I highly doubt that this will last long.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Of, so @ Rocket Raccoon Rocket Raccoon ade my name pink... yeah... I care so much... *yawn*

Mario Party 10 looks OK.

I honestly hoped it was for the WiiU
*sigh Looks like I'll have to wait another day
I'm also kind of pissed that the NA N3DS is only available in XL.
But Fire Emblem made up for most of that meh Direct

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Fire Emblem - Great to see a new game, but why did you have to go with the same character artist as FE13? >_> Also not being on Wii U is surprising.

Codename Steam - Still iffy on despite my knowing that the gameplay will be awesome because Valkyria Chronicles, great to see FE amiibo make an appearance. LMAO at Marth's super attack using Wrys.

New 3DS - That C-Stick is tempting, still not sure if it's worth it though.

Amiibo - Definitely getting Ness/Charizard/Pacman/Lucina, I don't see the regular Mario amiibos doing that well.

Nintendo's restarting the FE TCG again? Cool I guess. Great to see Caeda there. Hope it comes to the USA.
oh I actually haven;t thought about this but....

Was it likely that FE would have been on WiiU?

Because if it was, that means that it would make me happy :)

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I honestly hoped it was for the WiiU
*sigh Looks like I'll have to wait another day
MUST.RESIST.URGE.TO.POST.PROJECT.SPARK

Joking aside, I doubt there'll be a Fire Emblem U. I mean, I think FE15 will be released in 2018/2019 and I think we are playing on the Wii 4 U at that point.
Unless Atlus/Nintendo decides to get their act together and start working on SMTxFE but that's not a 'proper' Fire Emblem anyway.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
*waits for my pranks to go crazy*
WHOA DUDE!
Don't just go throwing around those insults like that!
It's VERY offensive.
I am very clearly INSANE at the moment, not CRAZY.
Geez.
Be nice when you're talking to a goopy abomination, I mean really.

R0Y

Smash Master
Good Direct...but no Xenoblade eShop announcement of course because they want to force you to get a New 3DS...and a New 3DS XL without a charger to boot.

Last edited:

Soul.

Good Direct...but no Xenoblade eShop announcement of course because they want to force you to get a New 3DS...and a New 3DS XL without a charger to boot.
Well, you do have a charger, no? My guess is that they took out the charger because either it was pointless for it to have the thing or they want it to be cheap. Just like Wii games on Wii U eShop. :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
@ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan must be happy Tingle is dancing in Hyrule Warriors. :troll:
Also, uh, Pokémon Shuffle looks like Pokémon Trozei.
Damn right I am, but the sad thing is no Skull Kid (Who will probably be saved for the sequel) and Shota Link instead.

That new Fire Emblem though, I was betting that there will a new one on the handhelds due to SMT x FE. Though I think that anyone from the 15th or 16th game will most likely be in Smash 5. Though I'm rather curious as to why they are sticking with the same artist from last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom