• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
On the topic of avatars, I recently changed mine and plan on sticking with it for as long as possible.

It sums up the majority of Ness players quite well

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
If only I could, but I made plans to go shopping with some of my Christmas money on Sunday.
Do online shopping instead?

nightmRE
help
crying
Hmm, I never get nightmares so I can't help you there. I do, however, get really messed up dreams sometimes that make me question my sanity or what's left of it. Maybe try to develop lucid dreaming skills and conquer those nightmares. It'd be like your own little Resident Evil, Silent Hill, or Dead Space except more like God of War, Devil May Cry, or Bayonetta where you get to kick ***, use wacky and awesome weapons, and become the nightmare for your nightmare.

Anyway, whenever I get plagued by scary stuff like fishes - I have a phobia of fishes - or horror stuff in general, I do something to stop myself from thinking about it like playing video games, watching videos, or something that involves a lot of senses - focusing on something else. Reading might work if you can force yourself to imagine what you're reading. So, I guess you could do some manual labor... Oh wait, it's night. Uhh... Do you have plushies, Lego, action figures, or something?

Oh, I know, look up random gifs! I heard Strikers is a good game... I never played it...

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514

Hmm, I never get nightmares so I can't help you there. I do, however, get really messed up dreams sometimes that make me question my sanity or what's left of it. Maybe try to develop lucid dreaming skills and conquer those nightmares. It'd be like your own little Resident Evil, Silent Hill, or Dead Space except more like God of War, Devil May Cry, or Bayonetta where you get to kick ***, use wacky and awesome weapons, and become the nightmare for your nightmare.

Anyway, whenever I get plagued by scary stuff like fishes - I have a phobia of fishes - or horror stuff in general, I do something to stop myself from thinking about it like playing video games, watching videos, or something that involves a lot of senses - focusing on something else. Reading might work if you can force yourself to imagine what you're reading. So, I guess you could do some manual labor... Oh wait, it's night. Uhh... Do you have plushies, Lego, action figures, or something?

Oh, I know, look up random gifs! I heard Strikers is a good game... I never played it...

The problem is that my nightmare was about something that's going to actually happen. Within the next couple years. Something that I don't think I'll be able to get past.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
In two hours the new Sailor Moon Crystal episode will go online and I have 0 Hype now; I know is the climax of the first arc but....
one part of me is convinced that is going to suck.
Dats Sad

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The problem is that my nightmare was about something that's going to actually happen. Within the next couple years. Something that I don't think I'll be able to get past.
So you're worrying about the future? Hmm... This is more personal so I'm not going to ask you to tell me, but one thing I will say is that worrying and freaking out about it isn't going to do a thing aside from making you miserable. This is probably what a lot of people would say: try to make the best of the present.

Optional: Me complaining about my crappy life ahead.
For me, I grew up without grandparents and no close friends. My mother had cancer twice and the second one definitely took a chunk out of her health and life span. My father had cancer too, but he's close to 80 now and could pass away at any moment of my life. I could end up graduating college without parents and maybe without close uncles and aunts.

I could end up living alone in a moderately large home. I'd need to figure financial and living situations quick after that.

Potentially, I might end up with cancer too and surgery is one of the scariest things to me aside from my phobias. If I have children they're not going to grow up with paternal grandparents.

Being anxious or, well, it's more like my body freaks out and I follow makes it much worse. I don't travel in groups, I can't stand presentations anymore, I don't like sitting during lectures, and I hate exams because when I need to leave and come back it feels like I'm cheating when I'm not.

Add depression which I figured I had since maybe 5th grade and just lived with it ever since. That's like 8 years living like a corpse.

Telling me to live, to have fun, to relax is like telling a caged bird to fly. It's not going to happen until I find a way out.

One thing that I will say is that everyone has burdens and owning up to them is half of it. It's less daunting knowing that others suffer too and sometimes they suffer more. There's only so much a person can endure by themselves.

You can die at any second, you could lose a limb or two, you could be hit by a car, end up paralyzed, you could lose your sight, end up homeless, have terminal cancer, etc. The more you think about stuff like that, the worse it's going to be.

Life is fragile; people are fragile. We're never truly prepared for everything, but that's part of life. You can sit and think or you can stand and live.

If it's about living out there in the "real world", it's not that bad. You just need to manage food, budgets, etc. If it's about student loans, then there's tons of resources; ask grad students. If it's about finding a job, then try, try, and try again - never give up.

Make a leap of faith; take a dive into danger. We've all fallen down before and we all know how to get back up.

I hope that helped.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Strikers is indeed a good game, and so is Strikers Charged, but I don't play both that much.

Looks like I've recieved yet another penalty in Smash 3DS.. and there is no way to remove it. Oh boy, the anxiety of getting banned in the game is high! :troll:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Strikers is indeed a good game, and so is Strikers Charged, but I don't play both that much.

Looks like I've recieved yet another penalty in Smash 3DS.. and there is no way to remove it. Oh boy, the anxiety of getting banned in the game is high! :troll:
Can you still play with friends if you're banned? 'Cause it'd be slightly moot considering the hell that is For Glory.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

The gamecube one is amazing. I've had as much fun playing it as Melee or Brawl.

Also it was one of the few games I could convince my FIFA fanboy friend to play. It was a happy medium for both of us.

D

Deleted member

Can you still play with friends if you're banned? 'Cause it'd be slightly moot considering the hell that is For Glory.
I think it's the online in general. So you would get banned in everything. I'm just pulling a Little Mac but am using Ganondorf instead just for lolz. Take it as Flight's Revenge Against Penalties.. uhm, like Snake's Revenge. I still prefer Dedede though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm old enough that floppy disks were still on computers when I was in high school and still primarily was the way we transported data. Though admittedly they had better technology available to do that.

But having better technology doesn't necessarily make it the primary way to do something

I'm also old enough to have had to use a typewriter to type out a report before (LOL not in high school). Of course we had DOS computers, but my family didn't. We did eventually get an old mac though.

D

Deleted member

I'm old enough that floppy disks were still on computers when I was in high school and still primarily was the way we transported data. Though admittedly they had better technology available to do that.

But having better technology doesn't necessarily make it the primary way to do something

I'm also old enough to have had to use a typewriter to type out a report before (LOL not in high school). Of course we had DOS computers, but my family didn't. We did eventually get an old mac though.
>DOS
Did you ever experience Windows in your school? I mean, DOS-based Windows, from 1.0 to ME. And what kind of old Mac was it? If you don't remember, that's okay.

Anyways, I finished my revenge against Smash 3DS and its penalties with our savior and king Ganondorf, and a bit of Dedede. I prefer playing with friends by miles though.

Soul.

You need my Pikachu amiibo as your icon
Oh yeah, that. Not sure.
I think it's the online in general. So you would get banned in everything. I'm just pulling a Little Mac but am using Ganondorf instead just for lolz. Take it as Flight's Revenge Against Penalties.. uhm, like Snake's Revenge. I still prefer Dedede though.
Playing Ganon is so satisfying, especially when you DAir someone in the air or when you use Neutral B.
Anyways Ness is rage-inducing and I really hope he gets a nerf.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
>DOS
Did you ever experience Windows in your school? I mean, DOS-based Windows, from 1.0 to ME. And what kind of old Mac was it? If you don't remember, that's okay.

Anyways, I finished my revenge against Smash 3DS and its penalties with our savior and king Ganondorf, and a bit of Dedede. I prefer playing with friends by miles though.
In kindergarten, the games we had (at the school) were King's Quest 2 and Mario Teaches typing

Although they weren't new, it just goes to show the computers we had

King's Quest 2 was made before I was born

Probably the only reason we still used floppies in high school is because of outdated equipment

They were already phasing them out when I was in high school

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Welp, that SM Crystal episode was even more MEH than I thought, and they keep messing up the animation to the point of altering the plot.

Toei Animation plz get your stuff together.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Situation: Pokemon are real. Poke Balls aren't. Any Mons you get must be controlled by you. Fossils and legendaries are off limits due to them being "endangered" or "protected" species.

Under these circumstances, which Pokemon, if any, would you like to keep?
A bit late, but here are mine.

Yes, I'll take all of these even without Pokeballs, thanks.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Hello there, how are you all ?
Me ? Well yesterday, I've found the original artist that wanted to draw and create mangas with me. So of course, I was like this :
But then she said that she couldn't draw appart for concept arts. So you pretty much know how I was at this moment :
Sure, it's good that I've found her back, but I would prefer to have an artist that is consistent and would be here in the long run. So yeah, it's a mix bag right now for me.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Hello there, how are you all ?
Me ? Well yesterday, I've found the original artist that wanted to draw and create mangas with me. So of course, I was like this :
But then she said that she couldn't draw appart for concept arts. So you pretty much know how I was at this moment :
Sure, it's good that I've found her back, but I would prefer to have an artist that is consistent and would be here in the long run. So yeah, it's a mix bag right now for me.
I wish you luck in your search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom