• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
His Clown Car dash and Mechakoopas are what he has to rely on for stage control, the bread and butter of his game (he can't really close in profitably using other methods due to his horrible dash speed)! Approach with Cyclone and pick up the Mechakoopas to throw 'em back at him! You can also use fireballs for positioning and once one hits and hopefully cancels his animation, get in for the grab. Also use short hop into dair, with proper hitbox anticipation you can punish his car dashes well.
Thanks ! I knew the matchup of Bowser Jr with Luigi a little, but don't encounter a lot of them to actually practice. But that's very helpful. Thanks again lad !

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
Thanks ! I knew the matchup of Bowser Jr with Luigi a little, but don't encounter a lot of them to actually practice. But that's very helpful. Thanks again lad !
No worries, hopefully you'll get 'em next time! :094:

We can also have a few sparring matches online sometime if the distance between us allows.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
No worries, hopefully you'll get 'em next time! :094:

We can also have a few sparring matches online sometime if the distance between us allows.
Already got'em with :4littlemac:. Apparently it's too complicated to learn how to beat him for some people on FG.
I would love to do some sparring matches. When are you free to do some ?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I find I have a lot of trouble watching video guides, which is unfortunately what most things are these days.

I just want to get the info I need and then scram. Why do I have to listen to some asshole talking for half an hour?!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
While surfing YouTube, I noticed there's an official Annoying Orange video doing a Let's Play of Smash Wii U.

I didn't know Annoying Orange was still a thing...

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Are they even trying anymore? Jam Hunt Dog? Really?
I agree, Slam Hunt Dog would be the better option.

I find I have a lot of trouble watching video guides, which is unfortunately what most things are these days.

I just want to get the info I need and then scram. Why do I have to listen to some ******* talking for half an hour?!
Click on video.
'Hey, guys! In this video-'
Click Back button.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
While surfing YouTube, I noticed there's an official Annoying Orange video doing a Let's Play of Smash Wii U.

I didn't know Annoying Orange was still a thing...
Humanity is dying with this.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Had one of the worst fights in FG. I won, but still, it was really bad.
The dude played :4morton:, probably the worst koopaling with his lack of personality. I played :4zelda:, since I want to main her. I lose because I don't really know the matchup of Bowser Jr. with Zelda. I then take :4luigi:. He beats me by spaming his koopamech and his SideB to do combos.
So, after being defeated twice, I decided to go with :4littlemac:, my surprise card for dumb-dumbs like my opponent. Turns out he couldn't do anything against Lil'Mac super armor and fast movements.

The weird thing about this player is that he never taunts, but instead crouch repeatedly. Apparently, it's a taunt for some people in FG. Yeah, I don't know why either.
You can't do combos with his SideB. Even if only by virtue of being able to pick up any koopalings.

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
Already got'em with :4littlemac:. Apparently it's too complicated to learn how to beat him for some people on FG.
I would love to do some sparring matches. When are you free to do some ?
I have to say, good Little Macs wreck me unless I'm playing Sheik or Dedede, which seem like difficult matchups for him. Luigi can also force him into some air game occasionally, but I've mostly played against bad Macs as Luigi, so I don't know how well good ones can adapt.

I've got the rest of this week off! I've got a sweet DnD campaign starting in an hour or so and continuing on Saturday, but other than that, you can holler at me anytime I'm online! I'll add you on both platforms in advance.

You can't do combos with his SideB. Even if only by virtue of being able to pick up any koopalings.
Probably meant side B into aerials on hit, the Koopalings' most common hit string.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Anyone feel like friending me? I feel like showing off my custom stages like an attention horse.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I have to say, good Little Macs wreck me unless I'm playing Sheik or Dedede, which seem like difficult matchups for him. Luigi can also force him into some air game occasionally, but I've mostly played against bad Macs as Luigi, so I don't know how well good ones can adapt.

I've got the rest of this week off! I've got a sweet DnD campaign starting in an hour or so and continuing on Saturday, but other than that, you can holler at me anytime I'm online! I'll add you on both platforms in advance.
:4luigi:'s matchup with :4littlemac: is weird. If the Lil'Mac is good, he can destroy Luigi easily but Luigi can counter him with fireballs and pivot grabs. It's an annoying matchup, but it's not really bad.

I mainly play on Wii U, so adding me there is the best.

Anyway, I need to practice with :4zelda: and maybe :4dk:. Those are two fun characters to play that I want to be good with.

D

Deleted member

I just noticed that the Xenoblade series symbol looks quite similar to the loading screen graphic in Xenoblade. They are both pictures of Monado, but it is pretty close. Just crop the loading screen slightly and it's almost exact.

Gotta love attention to detail.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Who wants to battle on Wii U ? I'm up for some matches.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
So far, I've found :4zelda: more enjoyable to play with Smash 4 and is probably the only "new" character that I'll main with :4littlemac:, unlike :4luigi:,:4mario: or :4drmario: that I main since Melee. I need to learn her combos and her playstyle better of course, but even without knowledge of those things, she's still fun to play with. And it's good to win on FG with her, since nobody use her and knows her moves really well. How many times do I see an idiot trying to stop my DownB to get stuck in front of the knight and get destroyed by Fsmash behind. Yeah, a lot.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

@ Knuckles the Knuckles Knuckles the Knuckles , you know the Kamehameha now ?
Wasn't Knuckles sort of capable of this in Sonic Heroes?

Gr8 b8 m8 I'm kidding.
Zebkeet= Zebra Parakeet.
A grey parakeet was the closest thing.
Hatoful Boyfriend has ruined birds for me. I can't wait for them to ruin every animal... Seriously, who in their right mind thought that was a good idea? Anthropomorphic and cartoon sure, but random, real imagesif birds for a visual novel?

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So I had a depressing morning.

I went on a bus ride into Minneapolis, and I got off first at the bookstore, and I didn't find any Transformers DVD's I could buy to entertain myself before I go back to the dorm.

I get back on the bus and it stops at a shopping district where there was a Toys R Us. I get off to try preordering a Lucario Amiibo, but the cashier told me they ran out of preorder slips for ALL Amiibos.

And here I am back home with the same amount of money I left with.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291

There. I finally did it.
Though I swear, the last event was so hard, I ended up using Ness and spam PK fire in order to beat the conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom