• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
It does but I don't knowww...

You have no idea how tempted I was to add that myself.

Don't get glad, get mad!
It's the social thread.
We're all mad by default.

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Chie dedans, crève dedans, bouffe dedans, dors dedas, rêve dedans, bosse dedans, baise dedas, pleure dedans.

I don't know, I've been listening to odezenne too much... At least it's helping with my French... sort of.

Are you implying Envy's friend is a necrophiliac, (literal) body parts lover, or into bestiality?
No, I'm implying that I knew a guy who made open-minded people act homophobic. But close guess.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
So, how about an age old question? Dubs vs Subs?

I'm personally going with dubs, subs can be distracting and I feel like with dubs I can properly respond to and understand the flow of the dialogue, and to top it off, I watch some shows, like SGT Frog, that have God-awful original voices for some of the main roles.

T

Trick or Treat

*sigh* Thete's that uneasy feeling again. I don't like randomly feeling sad.

Shocking, I know.

I'm personally going with dubs, subs can be distracting and I feel like with dubs I can properly respond to and understand the flow of the dialogue, and to top it off, I watch some shows, like SGT Frog, that have God-awful original voices for some of the main roles.
Subs, by far. I just cannot stand or get into dubs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

it depends to me if the dub is bad then I will go for the subs, but I like dubs so I wouldn't miss anything unlike the subs.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

Subs, I like japanese voices more then the english one, and I don't want anything lost in translation for dubs.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Has anyone seen the Spice and Wolf anime? I like the manga and want to know if it's worth my time.
I heard good things about it, but I never watched it.

As for subs/dubs. I don't mind unless it's bad and not in a funny, campy way. So, Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop have good dubs. Since the Devil May Cry and Bayonetta anime have great dubs considering... Oh yeah, they had the same people from the games voice acting.

Anyway, how can you not find this funny? SHINING FINGEEEEEEEER!!! :joyful:

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

Subs, it's rare for an English dub to get the cute voices right. It can really kill m... the mood.
Has anyone seen the Spice and Wolf anime? I like the manga and want to know if it's worth my time.
Naked wolf girl, yes.

T

Trick or Treat

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I just think it sounds a lot better. Especially in scenes with lots of emotion, the dubs rarely ever even come close to doing it justice.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Subs, I used to prefer dubs but their quality is declining, I prefer hearing the original voices because they're more fitting most of the time.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Subs, I used to prefer dubs but their quality is declining, I prefer hearing the original voices because they're more fitting most of the time.
I thought it was the opposite where dubs are getting better, but bad ones aren't redeemable in anyway since they're not bad funny anymore...

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
And masterful use of convenient censoring. There's actually a plot as well.

But thankfully we have the internet for that.
Yes, "plot"... If only I could post that gif here; you know what I'm talking about. :p

T

Trick or Treat

And masterful use of convenient censoring. There's actually a plot as well.

But thankfully we have the internet for that.
A bit disappointed in the censoring, but I expected that. Oh well. A good plot is nice though.

Yes, "plot"... If only I could post that gif here; you know what I'm talking about. :p
You could send it to me because I'm very curious now.

Last edited by a moderator:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
A bit disappointed in the censoring, but I expected that.
Well it wouldn't be an anime at that point...

And there are far better things at that.
I said it had a plot, I didn't say it was the most complex or moving thing now. Certainly not the reason to watch the show.

T

Trick or Treat

I said it had a plot, I didn't say it was the most complex or moving thing now. Certainly not the reason to watch the show.
Sure it would!

And a plot is better than no plot. Usually.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
A bit disappointed in the censoring, but I expected that. Oh well. A good plot is nice though.

You could send it to me because I'm very curious now.
Or you could Google it... *sends PM regardless* ... Lazy. :p

I know it has plot and it's supposedly heartwarming, but a lot of anime depends on "plot" (read: fanservice).

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

I know it has plot and it's supposedly heartwarming, but a lot of anime depends on "plot" (read: fanservice).
There's a lot of plot in Rosario + Vampire. :troll:
I want in on that PM.

T

Trick or Treat

Pffft I wouldn't know what to google. "Spice and wolf 'plot' gif"?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Above the age that one is considered a legal adult in the US is too young to be an adult?

*Insert mind blown gif*
Well, if elves, dwarves, asari, and other longer-living beings exist, then yes, you're just a kid to them. Also, rites of passages, so yes, you're a kid if you haven't drank some purple drink, hunted a deer, or whatever else. Also, I thought people never grow up; our bodies do, but our minds remind childlike. The ones that do "grow up" just gave up and become mindless drones. :p

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
you're a kid if you haven't drank some purple drink, hunted a deer, or whatever else.
I think I'd rather be Peter Pan than an animal murderer hunter.

But that's besides the current topic. Now about that PM...

I suddenly want to watch some "anime."

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Unless they're really bad, then just whatever I happen to see the particular anime with first.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Look at my new Christmas avatar guise. Its cool guise. :troll:

@ Ffamran Ffamran Stop liking everybody's posts.
BUT I LOVE YOU. :p

Also, I'm picking up slack on what MorbidAltruism's missing. (I'm not actually.) :p

I think I'd rather be Peter Pan than an animal murderer hunter.

But that's besides the current topic. Now about that PM...

I suddenly want to watch some "anime."
Go Google "anime plot" like what Envy's probably doing and set the search to "animated" if you want. Speaking of Envy, did she get lost in the sea of anime plot? :p

Last edited:

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
You guys seen this yet?
I might have to change my avatar for this, haha. So wassup with alla y'all?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Go Google "anime plot" like what Envy's probably doing and set the search to "animated" if you want.
There are much better places than Google...
I was mostly interested in the PM.

Speaking of Envy, did she just lost in the sea of anime plot? :p
I'd be very enveloped in such plot.
And I already am.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
There are much better places than Google...
I was mostly interested in the PM.

I'd be very enveloped in such plot.
And I already am.
The PM was just sending her an image of "anime plot"... WHY ARE YOU SO CURIOUS?! HMM?! Are you... Are you some kind of stalker? Welp, time to call the cops. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom