• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
*See there's not Nichijou*
Is it good!? I have not been a longtime anime fan. I recently got into the medium. Should I add it? :)

Bakemonogatari was good but after that it just took a turn for the worst in my opinion. Zankyou no Terror is pretty great. I should check out Baccano because I loved Durarara.
Ok, but I like the monogatari series, I'll continue with it. But by god, WATCH BACCANO.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

For you, the day Knuckles graced this page was the most important day of your life.

For me, it was page 15.
Unrelated: I always wondered what a Shadow and Knuckles game would be like. Those two hardly interact with each other sadly.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Trick or Treat

I want to change my avatar but I'm not sure. This Kaori avatar makes me look innocent and pure. And the alternatives don't. :p

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Watched last episode of SAOII. Dem feels. Now I know why the last arc is named Mother's Rosario. Still think it's a strange name. What is a rosario?

T

Trick or Treat

I normally use traps because I like messing with people
Wow...such low activity here, hm
That's why I want to use a pure character. Then everyone thinks I'm all sweet and pure only to find out that a demon ***** from hell.

Watched last episode of SAOII. Dem feels. Now I know why the last arc is named Mother's Rosario. Still think it's a strange name. What is a rosario?
I lost interest when GGO finished and they had the ALF arc. I don't know, just didn't do it for me. Is Mother's Rosario that good?

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Spanish for rosary.

Basically a christian cross necklacke.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Unrelated: I always wondered what a Shadow and Knuckles game would be like. Those two hardly interact with each other sadly.
Maybe not a game, but I imaged a storyline in like comics where Knuckles gets curious about the outside world and wants to explore but cant leave, and then Shadow shows up since he wanted to be alone so he chose Angel Island and the who run into each other. So after the "meeting" they have a deal: Shadow now guards the master emerald for some time and be just on his own, while Knuckles gets his cowboy hat and goes exploring. He would partake in wild adventures similar to Indiana Jones, while Shadow gets incredibly bored and starts missing other people. Eventually someone tries to steal the grand emerald and Shadow will have to go on an adventure of his own, on his own, to retrieve it, where he once again will find himself needing assistance but getting none.

As for the "meeting", they would both be immediatly hostile in the beggining (since Knucks knows Shadow mostly as a troublemaker, and Shadow is easly provocated), and Knuckles winning. As to why he would win with Shadow, well, I have few ideas: Shadow can only reach Sonic's speed through the tech in his shoes, which means he lacks Sonic's natural control over momentum and reaction time, which he tries to counter with his Chaos Control that lets him teleport and do all other sorts of shenanigans. Thing is though, remember when Knuckles straight-up punched Sonic out of Super form? As a descendant of the tribe that was supposed to protect the emeralds, I though he had some sort of Chaos Energy Suppression power passed over through blood that would allow him to do that in case the emeralds fell into the wrong hands, but of which we isnt entirely aware of, sort of working automatically. That would make most of Shadows Chaos techniques just not work, and while he was confused and out of his element Knuckles would land a punch strong enough to incapacitate.

TAKE NOTE HOWEVER, that this is purely speculation based on my huge assumptions.

A Knuckles-only game done in this day and age I imaged as a Super Mario 64 clone.

I dont know why I thinked so hard about this.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Is it good!? I have not been a longtime anime fan. I recently got into the medium. Should I add it? :)
Nichijou is perfection. It's crazy, weird, random, but yet intelligent in it's humour. It's on the level of Charlie Chaplin for me. You should watch it.

T

Trick or Treat

Maybe not a game, but I imaged a storyline in like comics where Knuckles gets curious about the outside world and wants to explore but cant leave, and then Shadow shows up since he wanted to be alone so he chose Angel Island and the who run into each other. So after the "meeting" they have a deal: Shadow now guards the master emerald for some time and be just on his own, while Knuckles gets his cowboy hat and goes exploring. He would partake in wild adventures similar to Indiana Jones, while Shadow gets incredibly bored and starts missing other people. Eventually someone tries to steal the grand emerald and Shadow will have to go on an adventure of his own, on his own, to retrieve it, where he once again will find himself needing assistance but getting none.

As for the "meeting", they would both be immediatly hostile in the beggining (since Knucks knows Shadow mostly as a troublemaker, and Shadow is easly provocated), and Knuckles winning. As to why he would win with Shadow, well, I have few ideas: Shadow can only reach Sonic's speed through the tech in his shoes, which means he lacks Sonic's natural control over momentum and reaction time, which he tries to counter with his Chaos Control that lets him teleport and do all other sorts of shenanigans. Thing is though, remember when Knuckles straight-up punched Sonic out of Super form? As a descendant of the tribe that was supposed to protect the emeralds, I though he had some sort of Chaos Energy Suppression power passed over through blood that would allow him to do that in case the emeralds fell into the wrong hands, but of which we isnt entirely aware of, sort of working automatically. That would make most of Shadows Chaos techniques just not work, and while he was confused and out of his element Knuckles would land a punch strong enough to incapacitate.

TAKE NOTE HOWEVER, that this is purely speculation based on my huge assumptions.

A Knuckles-only game done in this day and age I imaged as a Super Mario 64 clone.

I have no words. Why is this not a real thing?

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

This shall be the main theme on the main menu.
I want a Knuckles only game, like Wario for example. An original universe with the Chaotix would be nice for example.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
So basically a Sonic Boom universe that doesn't suck? :troll:
No, a Wario Land like universe would be better. A world without Eggman and Sonic'n'friends. Just Knuckles, with maybe the chaotix (Vector, Espio, Charmy), going through a journey to save the master emerald or just go on a treasure adventure. It would be nice.

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
You know what would also be interesting? A Silver-only game. Yea I know he is rather annoying but the idea of physics-manipulation based puzzle-platformer using his abbilities would be an interesting one to explore I feel.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
You know what would also be interesting? A Silver-only game. Yea I know he is rather annoying but the idea of physics-manipulation based puzzle-platformer using his abbilities would be an interesting one to explore I feel.
I don't want a game with a copy of Trunks from DBZ with two memorable quotes being "Ze Ibilis Trigger" and "IT'S NO USE".

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
I don't want a game with a copy of Trunks from DBZ with two memorable quotes being "Ze Ibilis Trigger" and "IT'S NO USE".
Gameplay > Story

Maybe I just miss physics manipulation games. Anyone here remember Psi-ops and Second Sight? Those ware good games.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I can't stop watching this video. I've never played Earthbound/Mother II, but I know the series is good. And this song is just beautiful by itself.
And as the snow falls down,
It never makes a sound

The source is beautiful - this rendition, not so much. The way the piano spruces things up is okay though.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
That's why I want to use a pure character. Then everyone thinks I'm all sweet and pure only to find out that a demon ***** from hell.

I lost interest when GGO finished and they had the ALF arc. I don't know, just didn't do it for me. Is Mother's Rosario that good?
Sure, your picture makes you seem innocent, but your name doesn't.
Besides, who judges other people's demeanor based on what their avatar is? (Aside from that one time with Cliffjumper)
What would mine be?
Am I Rainbow Road?
I wot m8, I wot.
I wot ALL the days.

T

Trick or Treat

For me gameplay has a more equal value to story.

Sure, your picture makes you seem innocent, but your name doesn't.
Besides, who judges other people's demeanor based on what their avatar is? (Aside from that one time with Cliffjumper)
What would mine be?
Am I Rainbow Road?

I wot m8, I wot.
I wot ALL the days.
Hmm, there's so much innuendo I can use, in regards to your avatar, but I won't. But just know, there is innuendo.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
For me gameplay has a more equal value to story.

Hmm, there's so much innuendo I can use, in regards to your avatar, but I won't. But just know, there is innuendo.
I can relate. I couldn't get into Assassin's Creed because how stupid it is at a conceptual level. You can create DNA that can represent data but they cannot store actual memories. The game insisting you can extract memories from DNA was the worst attempt at sci-fi ever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom