• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
So, how about an age old question? Dubs vs Subs?

I'm personally going with dubs, subs can be distracting and I feel like with dubs I can properly respond to and understand the flow of the dialogue, and to top it off, I watch some shows, like SGT Frog, that have God-awful original voices for some of the main roles.
According to Japanese anime fandoms, subs are inherently better. Apparently, American voice-actors do not know how to voice-act. They just sound awful and I am so used to the dreamy voice of a foreign person. So sexy.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I typed "dududududu" on the Youtube search, the first result was Memestorm...
Im so done

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
A new social thread... Time to go crazy. So anything crazy yet, or are things subtle for now. 2005 pages on the last thread and 80181 posts.
WOLF FOR DLC:wolf::wolf::wolf:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strofirko

Smash Master
Retro city rampage is a great game,it has so many crossovers and references to other old games/movies and modern stuff,and try to mix them all init's core gameplay,but making it the main formula sometimes is a major flaw,but for a indie game,not much to complain,the work of the developers to get all the rights possible paid off,killing people controlling Steve from minecraft using a NES zapper on a 8 bits GTA style city will always be awesome,worth checking:
upload_2014-12-20_22-9-40.jpeg

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Oh hey Envy I thought you left. I mean I know you left, but most people never return from the land of anime plot.

Gurren Lagann has a very engaging story while I'm on the topic.
*innocent whistles*

I've actually heard lots of good things about Gurren Lagann.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
That's why I want to use a pure character. Then everyone thinks I'm all sweet and pure only to find out that a demon ***** from hell.

I lost interest when GGO finished and they had the ALF arc. I don't know, just didn't do it for me. Is Mother's Rosario that good?
Yeah, that arc between was boring. I enjoyed the last arc more, but then that's just my opinion. I see mixed opinions on it with some people saying it's that good and some people saying they tried too hard.

T

Trick or Treat

Yeah, that arc between was boring. I enjoyed the last arc more, but then that's just my opinion. I see mixed opinions on it with some people saying it's that good and some people saying they tried too hard.
I'll probably skip to Rosario then. I watched like one episode of the filler and stopped.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
I'm guessing the next social thread will be 5.0 Ultra Featiring Dante From DMC & Knuckles, But anyways how is everyone doing.

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
And much beyond that <_<;...

Yes. I've also seen a lot of mods of that one character on BrawlVault. The redhead.
Yoko? Yeah she's pretty cool.

I'd honestly recommend it to anyone, it's on Toonami and Netflix with great dub-work and (on Netflix) subs options. The comedy is amazing, the characters are great and the action brings the boys to the yard.

Definitely best watched first go-round in a group of friends while reacting to it as it comes, especially if you can avoid spoilers beforehand, as the real-time results, I must say, are quite magical.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
So, how about an age old question? Dubs vs Subs?

I'm personally going with dubs, subs can be distracting and I feel like with dubs I can properly respond to and understand the flow of the dialogue, and to top it off, I watch some shows, like SGT Frog, that have God-awful original voices for some of the main roles.
The biggest factors for me are the quality of the dub and how action-oriented the anime is.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Retro city rampage is a great game,it has so many crossovers and references to other old games/movies and modern stuff,and try to mix them all init's core gameplay,but making it the main formula sometimes is a major flaw,but for a indie game,not much to complain,the work of the developers to get all the rights possible paid off,killing people controlling Steve from minecraft using a NES zapper on a 8 bits GTA style city will always be awesome,worth checking:
View attachment 33461
I have been considering of getting that game (3DS version). One reason I haven't bought it yet is seeing if it will go on sale (but if not, $10 isn't all that bad).

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
According to Japanese anime fandoms, subs are inherently better. Apparently, American voice-actors do not know how to voice-act. They just sound awful and I am so used to the dreamy voice of a foreign person. So sexy.
I'm very objective when it comes to voice acting. Star Ocean: The Last Hope had terribly cliched voice acting in Japanese, while the English equivalents were terrific. In Street Fighter, I set (most) Asian characters' voices to Japanese and the rest to English. I feel awful when Dudley or Cammy can't pronounce English properly. With FFXV, I prefer Japanese voices due to the lip synchronization -- English just doesn't fit. This was very apparent in the newest trailer (with Cidney).

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Ooh boy, my new laptop can actually run Skype! Now I'll be able to use the thing for once.
If I had contacts, anyway.

It's crazy how slow this thread is compared to the old ones...

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm very objective when it comes to voice acting. Star Ocean: The Last Hope had terribly cliched voice acting in Japanese, while the English equivalents were terrific. In Street Fighter, I set (most) Asian characters' voices to Japanese and the rest to English. I feel awful when Dudley or Cammy can't pronounce English properly. With FFXV, I prefer Japanese voices due to the lip synchronization -- English just doesn't fit. This was very apparent in the newest trailer (with Cidney).
Granted, Final Fantasy X was the first Final Fantasy game to feature voice acting and I think it's fine especially since it was the first to synchronize (the original) voices as well. Now, look at recent games with bad lip sync. It's just bad and unprofessional since there are devs that go out their way to manually synchronize lip movement with different languages. Soul Calibur IV was a huge offender that it was not even funny. You'd see people say stuff like "Hi" and their mouths are moving for about 3 seconds. Same with Utimate Marvel. vs Capcom 3 where the animation would end and they're still speaking. Brawl and SSB4 don't even have lip sync and I think it's for both Japanese and English since I swear nobody moves their mouth like Falco when they speak - it's like a chicken clucking.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

I was just doing...stuff. But I'm here now.

Nevermind I lied. Away I goooo

Last edited by a moderator:

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
Why did no one tell me the last thread got locked?

And I just got the 3DS version of Smash a few days ago.

:079:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom