• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
"It'll NEVER get passed four pages!"

“Take A Closer Look At That Snout” is a memorable quote uttered by the narrator of television nature show over footage of an elephant shrew.

Okay, so it's not a possum. Didn't look like one anyway, but oh well.
It did. Not when it started though.
Yep.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Finished Squid Girl and busy with Nichijou.
I can't get the opening themes out of my head, and certainly don't want to get caught singing them again. :p

EDIT: I'm such a conversation killer... Where did the @ Illuminati Illuminati go, anyway?

:231:
They must have gotten scared and left.
Not even the @ Illuminati Illuminati can handle the Social Thread
:troll:
I still Have to finish squid girl. Maybe I should do that now.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Controller related question. I've found that I like the Pro controller the most, because of the digital triggers and diamond layout. But it's wireless and that's a major no-no for tourney play. Is there any way to get a truly wired controller, perhaps one that plugs into a gamecube slot, with the diamond button layout and digital triggers, as opposed to the analog triggers and button layout of the Gamecube controller?

D

Deleted member

And all of that in not even two months and even after that really slow start for the first 30 pages or so.
With the rules dilemma... and losing some of the regulars... and Crashboards... :troll:

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Controller related question. I've found that I like the Pro controller the most, because of the digital triggers and diamond layout. But it's wireless and that's a major no-no for tourney play. Is there any way to get a truly wired controller, perhaps one that plugs into a gamecube slot, with the diamond button layout and digital triggers, as opposed to the analog triggers and button layout of the Gamecube controller?
The local I go to allows for Wii U Pro. .-.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So I jumped on the New 3DS bandwagon.
And is there any way I can alter the SD Card to be usable outside of the 3DS?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Just 2-Stocked a Robin player without taking any damage at all.

*saves Replay*

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
tournaments allow wii u pro controllers, but Im worried about lag caused by wireless interference.
Doubt it. Most of the people there will be using GC controllers anyway. Heck, when I went to Apex for friendlies, using my Wii U Pro Controller, it worked just fine. No interference or anything.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Doubt it. Most of the people there will be using GC controllers anyway. Heck, when I went to Apex for friendlies, using my Wii U Pro Controller, it worked just fine. No interference or anything.
huh. I'd have thought everyone's phones and recording equipment and all the gamepads needed to start the wii us would do it

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
I have to ask:
What if one Nintendo director is named
Unsho Kuouzumiaiginsusutakeizumonokamimeichoujin?
Based on Japanese society, I wonder what happens if someone's surname is way too long and hard to spell or pronounce?
Please find something other than names to talk about. It's getting ridiculous. >_>

:231:
I really wanna know about Kuouzumiaiginsusutakeizumonokamimeichoujin.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Why would the pro controller be bad for tourneys?

I don't think there's any problems. Like 90%+ of people will probably use a GC controller and at Brawl tourneys there's that one guy who uses the Wii remote + nunchuck anyway.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/1pfsw7/psa_lets_dispel_some_confusion_about_the/ at least, the only way to test things is if there's a huge tourney and like 100 people use pro controllers simultaneously. But I'm not sure something like this has ever been tested.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Huh, I wasn't aware that this existed, but has anyone tried the PDP wired fightpad?

As for the Wii U Classic Pro thing, I don't know why you can't wire it like the PS3, PS4, and I believe the Xbox 360 and One controllers by plugging them in. Hell, the 360 controllers can be bought wired-only.

Last edited:

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Huh, I wasn't aware that this existed, but has anyone tried the PDP wired fightpad?

As for the Wii U Classic Pro thing, I don't know why you can't wire it like the PS3, PS4, and I believe the Xbox 360 and One co trollers by plugging them in. Hell, the 360 controllers can be bought wired-only.
That just charges the battery, plugging it into the wii u, it doesnt make it wired. Or so Ive read

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hi. So I played a few matches with some friends. Then in the second to last match we had (Kirby(Me) vs Bowser)... I did something I wasn't even expecting....

Dair Ftilt Dair Dtilt Dair Fsmash

...MAGIC!

I don't think this would ever happen in a more professional fight, but god damn dude.
:4lucario:

Illuminati

Smash Cadet
NNID
Classified
We suppose we will offer a message since our presence has been requested. Perhaps someone here can crack it. Then again, if someone could, they're likely already in our ranks, though their names probably won't...ring any bells. Though I can say that average posters on Smashboards will likely never figure it out, others, per the course, will pick up bits and pieces. But these bits of information fall under the umbrella of disinformation. Such a pity. Be it when we fully take over, or when we win, rest assured we will prevail. Do not try to hinder us, for you'll reach your end. A wise man once said, "Remember to be one with power, lest you be forever indebted to power." One month ago we decided to make an account, in order to ring in the new year, though it took some time for it to get off the ground (we blamed Agent Sebald, who's no longer with us).

Don't fight the power. Submit to it for a better tomorrow.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
We suppose we will offer a message since our presence has been requested. Perhaps someone here can crack it. Then again, if someone could, they're likely already in our ranks, though their names probably won't...ring any bells. Though I can say that average posters on Smashboards will likely never figure it out, others, per the course, will pick up bits and pieces. But these bits of information fall under the umbrella of disinformation. Such a pity. Be it when we fully take over, or when we win, rest assured we will prevail. Do not try to hinder us, for you'll reach your end. A wise man once said, "Remember to be one with power, lest you be forever indebted to power." One month ago we decided to make an account, in order to ring in the new year, though it took some time for it to get off the ground (we blamed Agent Sebald, who's no longer with us).

that's what the government wants you to think

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Hi. So I played a few matches with some friends. Then in the second to last match we had (Kirby(Me) vs Bowser)... I did something I wasn't even expecting....

Dair Ftilt Dair Dtilt Dair Fsmash

...MAGIC!

I don't think this would ever happen in a more professional fight, but god damn dude.
:4lucario:
Needs more BAir.

Soul.

And all of that in not even two months and even after that really slow start for the first 30 pages or so.
Eh, yeah.
I know this is not related to your post, but I'm going to say this: I like the social threads more when they are quiet. Makes for a more relaxing, soothing thread.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Eh, yeah.
I know this is not related to your post, but I'm going to say this: I like the social threads more when they are quiet. Makes for a more relaxing, soothing thread.
Eh, I don't care either way. :185:

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Is there a thread that talks about pro controller latency issues compared to the gamecube controller? I know I've seen one, I cant find it though

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

And they return once again to do..........nothing, I guess :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
HOLY...

I think I figured out the Illuminati code thing, and maaaaan is it a nostalgia trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom