• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
So Majora's Mask 3D is being released in about a week.
Looked up stuff about it and caught up on the content last night.

Apparently they're using the beta ocarina icons for the instruments used by Link's forms, allowing you to save permanently at owl statues, and letting you warp to specific hours with the Song of Double Time, among other things.

What's most interesting is that they're adding the scrapped fishing minigame, and might let you catch a Terminian version of Jabu Jabu. Or at least some kind of "monstrous" fish. Miyamoto (I think) talked about "Jabu-Jabu fishing" in some interview when Majora's Mask was only known as Zelda Gaiden.

I wasn't expecting all these additions, to be honest.

The only change I don't like is how you can only freeze certain parts of water with the Ice Arrrows now. You only needed to freeze water in a select few spots anyway, but it's a useless restriction nonetheless.

Oh, and the fact that you need momentum to go far with the Deku spin is also a bit dumb.

-----

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So Majora's Mask 3D is being released in about a week.
Looked up stuff about it and caught up on the content last night.

Apparently they're using the beta ocarina icons for the instruments used by Link's forms, allowing you to save permanently at owl statues, and letting you warp to specific hours with the Song of Double Time, among other things.

What's most interesting is that they're adding the scrapped fishing minigame, and might let you catch a Terminian version of Jabu Jabu. Or at least some kind of "monstrous" fish. Miyamoto (I think) talked about "Jabu-Jabu fishing" in some interview when Majora's Mask was only known as Zelda Gaiden.

I wasn't expecting all these additions, to be honest.

The only change I don't like is how you can only freeze certain parts of water with the Ice Arrrows now. You only needed to freeze water in a select few spots anyway, but it's a useless restriction nonetheless.

Oh, and the fact that you need momentum to go far with the Deku spin is also a bit dumb.

-----
Yup. I'm already on the party bus headed straight to the Carnival of Time, Treecko!

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
You know I'm getting annoyed at all the mudslinging on the internet when I can say I'd actually prefer if we just up and declared civil war.

At least then things would actually get accomplished.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I made someone REALLY salty at a friendly today.

I was playing :4kirby: and my opponent was playing :4luigi: in a 3-stock match. It was back and forth for a bit with him having the advantage. At last stock for both of us, he throws me off the stage at over 100% as I try to float back. I happen to grab the ledge and fake him out abd hug the ledge. He attempts to chop me and I inhale him. As we were plummeting to our deaths, he tries to break free. Learning my lesson on past Kirbycide attempts. I frantically press the jump button to try to gain some height. I end up footstooling him as he falls to his death and I make it back to the stage. GAME. SET. MATCH.

I have never seen so much salt and johning. I felt kinda bad that I won over a Kirbycide attempt, but a win's a win.

Granted I won't be using Kirby in the tourney because I'm not that ballsy, but it was a fun match.
hehehehehe good, good, join the dark kirby cide

D

Deleted member

Wow. None of the Egg Roll variants are worth using. I thought maybe side 3 could be good for recovery but nope, in the air you just fall.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Good morning SmashBoards.
How are you guys doing today?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You know I'm getting annoyed at all the mudslinging on the internet when I can say I'd actually prefer if we just up and declared civil war.

At least then things would actually get accomplished.
Internet mudslinging is nothing compared to actual civil wars, lol. :p

Anyway, I'm burnt out. According to the records, I played over 5 hours of Smash 3DS today. I won't touch it for a couple of days atleast.

:231:

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Guy : ":4diddy: is too strong, we should ban him."

Me :
tumblr_inline_nc4mjiXVFG1silmr2.gif

I'm bored. Anyone up for some matches on the Wii U ?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Internet mudslinging is nothing compared to actual civil wars, lol. :p
I'm well aware of that. It just seems like everybody on the planet wants everybody else on the planet dead, and it keeps growing and the tension keeps getting more creaky.

The 2016 Presidential Election is probably going to be the spark that ignites the blaze. Politics is getting more and more hostile on all fronts, from law to race to education to human rights to... Everything. ****'s bad over here and it's only going to get worse, and I'm just like "I know what you all want, just get it over with already!"

D

Deleted member

At this point I've successfully been each member of the Holy Quintet at least once.
So this is necessary as well.
Now you just have to be all the witches

including PSP Homulilly

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Hard to believe that both The Legend of Zelda VI: Majora's Mask 3D & the New Nintendo 3DS XL is less than a week from now.

Totally prepared baybee: Have both full paid off, got a 32GB SC card I bought a while back for only $20 waiting for it, & a New 3DS XL grip I ordered is in the delivery process.

HYPE GET!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

WOW! It's pretty much IDENTICAL between the two.

I won't be getting the New 3DS version. Still need to beat the Wii version.

D

Deleted member

WOW! It's pretty much IDENTICAL between the two.

I won't be getting the New 3DS version. Still need to beat the Wii version.
New 3DS version doesn't have subtitles. 0/10.

But seriously, that's pretty impressive. I have no plans to get the New 3DS version either (because I already own the Wii version and don't want a New 3DS at the moment) but it's amazing that the game looks intact.

PF9

Smash Lord
So, how did everyone unlock the secret characters? I played VS. matches on both versions until I got everyone, took me exactly 120 matches to get all characters on the 3DS version, but due to some characters needing multiple tries to unlock, including the last, it took me 101 matches on the Wii U version.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
New 3DS version doesn't have subtitles. 0/10.

But seriously, that's pretty impressive. I have no plans to get the New 3DS version either (because I already own the Wii version and don't want a New 3DS at the moment) but it's amazing that the game looks intact.
I think the subtitles are either simply turned off or moved to the bottom screen.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
So, how did everyone unlock the secret characters? I played VS. matches on both versions until I got everyone, took me exactly 120 matches to get all characters on the 3DS version, but due to some characters needing multiple tries to unlock, including the last, it took me 101 matches on the Wii U version.
123 matches on 3DS, lost to Jiggs and Duck Hunt because of tiredness and Lucina F-Smashed me against a platform, making me fall into oblivion.
Don't know how many in the Wii U version, but the last character was Game & Watch. I think that's 80?

Illuminati

Smash Cadet
NNID
Classified
We will not be compromised.

Kermit the Ninja will fall for his insolence. For now, however, we'll be watching. Our time will come...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Holy hell it's the Illuminati.

Wow. ANYONE can be a Smash fan, can't they?

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Hey guys. What's up, down, left, and right?
Nothing. I'm bored. I'm thinking about a sort of crossover between Nichijou and Phoenix Wright for fun. I could talk more about the idea, but some people had enough with my Nichijou stuff and I don't them to get annoyed by it.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Nothing. I'm bored. I'm thinking about a sort of crossover between Nichijou and Phoenix Wright for fun. I could talk more about the idea, but some people had enough with my Nichijou stuff and I don't them to get annoyed by it.
I have no clue why people find it annoying. It's not like we've all shared our various obsessions in the thread before.

Prime example: That @ Space Stranger Space Stranger user, he's obssessed with Pixar.

...wait

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I've thought idly about crossing PW over with a lot of things. I'm still wondering whether I should write a fanfic to explain why he's in Super Smash Bros. Crusade.

Illuminati

Smash Cadet
NNID
Classified
Guys, we're being watched....
Such ignorance in this group. This is not a new phenomenon. We've been keeping tabs on some users here for a while. Lurking, mainly. But then we decided to make an account, so we could keep better tabs on some users.

But it's no matter. The one who gave away our location will be...taken care of. Just like our operative who forgot to set us to Invisible...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Decided to try out the Crazy Orders set on Classic 9.0 on muh 3DS
It is surprisingly effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom