• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Google just want to make everything circular

*I share the change from square to circle in my circle*

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Lower priority = less man power put into it and its obvious that the full smash dev team is not working on Mewtwo or else he would be coming much sooner so its highly illogical to think that the low priority bonus material would suddenly have 2 sudden big additions.
But characters still take time. Even it was a portion of the team or all of it, characters (or really any element in general) aren't weekend projects. They still need a lot of time and effort to be fully made.

And even if it's a smaller team, it's not like they need a big team. If we're going to talk about character development, you need to also take into consideration everything else. The stages, the music, the modes, and all the while making sure that it all won't burst into flames. With the DLC being made, they don't have to worry about most of that. So they have more time.

Also, I still don't get this logic of yours with the "lower priority" malarkey. How does that equal Lucas and Roy not coming back?

There is no way that 2 characters would be added without announcement or heads up and not a chance it would end up with Mewtwo because my free DLC bonus states Mewtwo DLC and not Mewtwo and more. Its too deeply established that its only Mewtwo for a surprise inclusion of 2 characters to be even remotely possible.
You do realize that it could be because it was meant for Mewtwo and only Mewtwo correct?
Likewise take into consideration that it could be because said character has been the only one revealed as DLC. It doesn't make a lot of sense to hype up something that we don't know about.

There is also the thing that Roy is in the same boat as Mewtwo with both being pretty crap tier but popular melee veterans and so they would not keep it in the dark when they could just announce it and build even more hype for smash 4 which smash 4 hype is what they want a ton of.
First of all, when did tiers all of the sudden decide who got in and who didn't?
Second. While hype is indeed a good thing, surprises are also a good thing to consider. I don't see why Nintendo has to give us every detail on a silver platter. It's their work after all.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I've even seen some extreme cases of withdrawal from a few shows revolving around some people going on a strict diet and avoiding sweets.
I know that happens to Lemres from Puyo Puyo. His energy source comes from sweets and he's obsessed with sweets because of it, but decided once in Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary to stop eating them as a form of training. He slowly loses his insanity and energy during his story mode, to the point he repetitively says words like "sweets" and "cake", randomly collapses, and lunges at the others.

Last edited:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Nothing like walking to class, dead and annoyed on a Thursday after getting 5 hours of sleep when a bunch of girls who are trying to sell "Chocolate Vaginas" scream it at the top of their lungs to try my attention.

Needless to say, I didn't even look back to acknowledge them.

D

Deleted member

Pretty sure it's always been a circle.
It's been a square as far as I know. They probably changed it into a circle to match their desolated social network, but that isn't big of a deal I suppose, right? RIGHT???

And I check YouTube daily just for my notifications. That's it. Nothing else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Nothing like walking to class, dead and annoyed on a Thursday after getting 5 hours of sleep when a bunch of girls who are trying to sell "Chocolate Vaginas" scream it at the top of their lungs to try my attention.

MUST NOT MAKE DANIEL TOSH LEVEL JOKES ABOUT THAT CHOCOLATES
Seriously, if they offer me that, I'll start making heavy jokes instead of buying them (Welcome to SProg.0)

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

The Fashion Club from Daria must be lacking the funds they need to buy clothes...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

To be fair, that is a really good name for a Gangster Rap group.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
So I was watch Chuggaaconroy's playthrough of Xenoblade and...
So, is Shulk technically a villain then? I think my brain turned to mush somewhere along the video.
I am genuinely shocked by it. I knew about the you know what part (lol censor dodge) because I accidentally spoilered myself on it but still, I just can't comprehend what just happened.

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Quick snip for space.
A small team means it will take much longer to get things done, when it was talked about characters taking a long time to complete they meant the characters and not the other variables, Mewtwo is a character thats been in the works with the rest of the roster and we still wont see him till spring and thats Mewtwo alone so if Mewtwo who just barely made inclusion, why would there suddenly be Lucas and Roy when considering the fact that Sakurai said there was no other dlc plans, this is again an issue of a foot in mouth situation.

Low priority means Mewtwo is not the main attraction, he is an extra bit and if Sakurai wanted to he could say screw it and drop the Mewtwo DLC at this very second and nothing would be financially lost.

And the thing about this is, its a leak that has Lucas and Roy included with the Mewtwo DLC but all information and confirmed details says "No, Mewtwo and Mewtwo alone." but some leak out of nowhere has 2 additional characters side by side with him. Besides if they hyped it, then we would know about it and since there has been obvious popularity of past cut characters it would make little sense to hype one then secretly release 2 when they could announce all 3 and drive people crazy with excitement.

yes the tier part was superfluous, but Nintendo is not Valve and thus they like showing their guns when they can and they gain nothing from super secret info since the main event (the game itself) is already fully released.

Additionally it would be a HUUUUUGE **** move to have a free DLC event but then quietly go "Oh hey heres two more but instead of a bundle they are separate and you need to buy them both."

If the Lucas and Roy additions are real, then Nintendo is going down a douchey road.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I got a tick of pressing A a lot of times because I pressed that button like crazy while I was going for my Shiny Latias

I just Healed like 5 times by accident in a Pokémon Center

....thank goodness that Im not playing Ocarina of Time during the Kaepora Gaebora Scene :awesome:

Also Crashboards...

D

Deleted member

MUST NOT MAKE DANIEL TOSH LEVEL JOKES ABOUT THAT CHOCOLATES
Seriously, if they offer me that, I'll start making heavy jokes instead of buying them (Welcome to SProg.0)
Oh, c'mon. Everyone knows Rock.0 is better.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I am genuinely shocked by it. I knew about the you know what part (lol censor dodge) because I accidentally spoilered myself on it but still, I just can't comprehend what just happened.
Personally I found it to be more thought provoking than anything. Well, when I wasn't giggling over how goofy Shulk's and especially Fiora's (in all its impractical glory) armor pieces looked.

I mean, it's very curious how they did it. All this time you were Shulk, that dorky kid with a lightsaber really feeling it going on an adventure. And to me it seemed to have been all figured out. There's a hero and there's a villain, the hero throws their arms at legs and the villain, the One Winged Angel form goes as fast as it came, and everyone lives happily ever after. But now suddenly you find out that you were a villain (or at least, the pawn), all this time you've been playing the same character you were opposing. It didn't matter when or how, but the moment you decided to against the Machina, both worlds would inevitably be screwed over. Congratulations, you've won.

Now granted there are still a few questions I don't get, but hopefully they will be revealed in due time.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
So, I have learned a few things tonight.

It's my mother's birthday and I learn that she can actually crack a sexual joke with the person waiting on us at this restaurant. I've never laughed so hard, since my mom is one of those devout Christian types.

(inb4 you're a terrible son for being on Smashboards. Shut up, I'm in the bathroom)

Also, Blueberry BBQ sauce is absolutely delicious. Had it on this burger and it was amazing. One of the best burgers I've had in a long time.

Also in the same restaurant, I came across this and an Ash and Pikachu art piece they are selling. I'm glad I got this new job. I might have to get this one later down the road. :chuckle:

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Personally I found it to be more thought provoking than anything. Well, when I wasn't giggling over how goofy Shulk's and especially Fiora's (in all its impractical glory) armor pieces looked.

I mean, it's very curious how they did it. All this time you were Shulk, that dorky kid with a lightsaber really feeling it going on an adventure. And to me it seemed to have been all figured out. There's a hero and there's a villain, the hero throws their arms at legs and the villain, the One Winged Angel form goes as fast as it came, and everyone lives happily ever after. But now suddenly you find out that you were a villain (or at least, the pawn), all this time you've been playing the same character you were opposing. It didn't matter when or how, but the moment you decided to against the Machina, both worlds would inevitably be screwed over. Congratulations, you've won.

Now granted there are still a few questions I don't get, but hopefully they will be revealed in due time.
You need to screencap the part where Shulk is literally shaking and his pupils turned white. XD

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So, I have learned a few things tonight.

It's my mother's birthday and I learn that she can actually crack a sexual joke with the person waiting on us at this restaurant. I've never laughed so hard

(inb4 you're a terrible son for being on Smashboards. Shut up, I'm in the bathroom)

Also, Blueberry BBQ sauce is absolutely delicious. Had it on this burger and it was amazing. One of the best burgers I've had in a long time.

Also in the same restaurant, I came across this and an Ash and Pikachu art piece they are selling. I'm glad I got this new job. I might have to get this one later down the road. :chuckle:

Get offline and acually spend time at the resuraunt.
thats what you are there for anyway

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
@ Digital Hazard Digital Hazard

So whats the name of anime with that girl you keep posting?
She's Luviagelita Edelfet. Or simply Luvia.

From the Fate series, most specifically she appears in Fate/hollow ataraxia (a PC visual novel, also has a manga adaptation), Fate/unlimited codes (arcade fighting game, also has PSP and PS2 ports) and Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya (manga, has an anime adaptation, also she'c actually one of the main characters in this one).

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
@ Rysir Rysir
Since the boards are lagging (making typing very cumbersome), I just want to end with this.
A lot of your logic rides on the fact that Mewtwo has been the only character revealed by Nintendo. At this moment. You (as well as everyone else here) have no idea whether or not we're not getting any more info regarding DLC. The only source that you're backing your claims on are those made by Nintendo. And they could just as easily be hiding said information for a later date. You don't know that.

Flipnote 3D has been delayed to later this month. Game over nooo! :troll:
I'm not surprised. Especially with how Club Nintendo has been lately.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Suddenly having Streetpass gave me like 10 Secret Bases, I go expecting epic battles with stronk trainers...
....Everybody has Pokémon between the levels 20-35

Time to Overkill em all

D

Deleted member

So I was watch Chuggaaconroy's playthrough of Xenoblade and...
So, is Shulk technically a villain then? I think my brain turned to mush somewhere along the video.
Kind of late response, but
He's a villain if you use the Fiora styled costume on a Shulk amiibo named "ZANZA" so that on the HUD and stuff he's wearing white and named Zanza. Caps are required because it looks better that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't know. Personally I find Flipnote to be on the same level as most other games like it (like Drawn to Life or WarioWare D.I.Y), it may not be the best game, but I find to be entertaining.
Flipnote Hatena on the other hand (or as I like to call it, Miiverse B.C.), now that's another can of worms.

Kind of late response, but
He's a villain if you use the Fiora styled costume on a Shulk amiibo named "ZANZA" so that on the HUD and stuff he's wearing white and named Zanza. Caps are required because it looks better that way.
I knew it! Now to find out who killed Mr. Boddy...

D

Deleted member

I thought we blame Warchamp for whenever the place is on fire.
Let's blame both.
GimR for posting the situation regarding Project M and directing all traffic from Reddit here (the Reddit Hug of Death, as they say), and Warchamp for not being prepared enough.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Let's blame both.
GimR for posting the situation regarding Project M and directing all traffic from Reddit here (the Reddit Hug of Death, as they say), and Warchamp for not being prepared enough.
So it was Reddit!
Figures. I never trusted them from the very start. And now they've come back and backstabbed us! It's time we got revenge on them for our great god Fox!

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I hope there aren't any salt threads being made over the whole Project M and VGBootcamp thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom