• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
*Opens social networks, gets flood with posts of Amourshippers crying over the "Ash and Serena date" episode not being what they expected*

Huh, I honestly expected for the Poké/Advance/Pearl/Negaishipper to be the ones crying... oh well.

*Feeds on their tears anyway*

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
*Opens social networks, gets flood with posts of Amourshippers crying over the "Ash and Serena date" episode not being what they expected*

Huh, I honestly expected for the Poké/Advance/Pearl/Negaishipper to be the ones crying... oh well.

*Feeds on their tears anyway*
Isn't Ash 10? Why is he dating?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I wonder for FNaF3 since it's a horror attraction if each night you pay as a different person.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Isn't Ash 10? Why is he dating?
'cuz Serena has a crush on him. An actual crush unlike the ambiguity of his previous female companions.
Alright, we all know he grew up.
this "hes 10" joke is something Im hating
The first episode of Best Wishes has the narrator telling the audience he's 10. Not sure how it's in Japan though.

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Ash being 10 is actually very legit, not sure about japanese dialog but in english it was stated he is still 10 and that somehow all that has happened since Kanto was in the same year.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well, the Pokemon world is different from our world....because it has Pokemon.

Maybe another major difference is that years last much longer. :p

Meh. Not like I actually care about theorizing on that kind of stuff. I stopped caring about the Pokemon anime since the Diamond/Peal series ended. It and the very first Pokemon anime series were the only ones I really liked.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

This is the largest single celled organism in the world

It can grow 4 inches long

That is huge considering the largest cell in the human body is about the size of a period in a typed sentence.
So that's just one mere cell? Kind of insane. Makes me wonder what would happen if this became a more complex organism. If that's even possible.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Well, the Pokemon world is different from our world....because it has Pokemon.

Maybe another major difference is that years last much longer. :p

Meh. Not like I actually care about theorizing on that kind of stuff. I stopped caring about the Pokemon anime since the Diamond/Peal series ended. It and the very first Pokemon anime series were the only ones I really liked.
Very similar to our world though! America is canon with Minnesota and the Minnesota Vikings being referenced!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
'cuz Serena has a crush on him. An actual crush unlike the ambiguity of his previous female companions.

The fist episode of Best Wishes has the narrator telling the audience he's 10. Not sure how it's in Japan though.
I just go by how he looks, He looks older, so I think he has grown older

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So that's just one mere cell? Kind of insane. Makes me wonder what would happen if this became a more complex organism. If that's even possible.
I was also wrong

The largest of it's kind can grow twice as big as that

Now THAT is friggin insane

Scientists think that giant protists were once the dominant life on earth but were usurped by animals

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Y'know. I never got why people were annoyed with Ash not aging. He's a cartoon character. A lot of them have a "floating timeline" for their characters. I don't think I hear these same complaints so often with Bart Simpson, or the kids from South Park for example. So why is Ash the one who's always mentioned? The Pokemon Cartoon isn't exactly the deepest show.

Last edited:

Zebkeet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ivan_Revi_Adames

This is the largest single celled organism in the world

It can grow 4 inches long

That is huge considering the largest cell in the human body is about the size of a period in a typed sentence.
And here is Volvox. One of the smallest multicellular organisms. Your move.

Last edited:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
People get super cereal about character ages, didn't some people get angry that Dora the explorer did not age and then older Dora became a thing? I vaguely remember seeing this somewhere.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Y'know. I never got why people were annoyed with Ash not aging. He's a cartoon character. A lot of them have a "floating timeline" I don't think I hear these same complaints so often with Bart Simpson, or the kids from South Park for example. So why is Ash the one who's always mentioned? The Pokemon Cartoon isn't exactly the deepest show.
I guess it's more because of the amount of Pokemon generations that turned up within the anime. It just seems odd for so much to occur in the anime and yet no one gets any older throughout the whole thing. They've found and captured hundreds of Pokemon, visited several cities and regions, participated in countless tournaments and championships....

As I said, it's definitely not something I personally care about either way, but I can see where the all complaints and jokes all came from.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is a type of amoeba that can grow 2 inches in diameter

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
And here is Volvox. One of the smallest multicellular organisms. Your move.

Also, I have heard that the largest cells in the human body are over a meter. Keyword: heard. Don't quote me on this.
Jus sayin lol
"The largest cell in the human body is the female egg"

I don't think female eggs are 1 meter

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What's funny is that the largest cell in the human body ONLY females have, while the smallest cell in the human body ONLY males have

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
People get super cereal about character ages, didn't some people get angry that Dora the explorer did not age and then older Dora became a thing? I vaguely remember seeing this somewhere.
I remember people getting mad that she got "slutty" or whatever. Which honestly, I didn't agree with and people were just being sensitive. Still Dora being older is pointless anyway. You'd think letting kids have a role model or whatever being their age would be a smart move, but what do I know.

I will say that, the new version of Bob the Builder is weird. He doesn't look as cheery, which one would think is off putting to kids.

I guess it's more because of the amount of Pokemon generations that turned up within the anime. It just seems odd for so much to occur in the anime and yet no one gets any older throughout the whole thing. They've found and captured hundreds of Pokemon, visited several cities and regions, participated in countless tournaments and championships....

As I said, it's definitely not something I personally care about either way, but I can see where the all complaints and jokes all came from.
I suppose. But this same argument can still be said for South Park. There's a lot that happened in that show, in spite of that they are still 9 or 10,even when the show has been around since 1997. And they don't exactly ignore past events.

I suppose in Pokemon's case this could be more easily remedied had they just change protagonists every region, while the other characters show up in major fights.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
The manga is the reason people get mad about ash not aging, In the Manga Red aged but Ash was made so they can keep him young so they can keep the cartoon going. I still fine it a silly reason to be mad at that because Ash is not Red.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The manga is the reason people get mad about ash not aging, In the Manga Red aged but Ash was made so they can keep him young so they can keep the cartoon going. I still fine it a silly reason to be mad at that because Ash is not Red.
The manga sucks, so I don't think that's the reason everyone has for that

It could simply be because the show never makes any kind of progression

Ash's Pikachu lost to a Snivy

Last edited:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
The pokemon anime would not be so bad for the aging topic if every 2 gens a year was passed. At least then it would be a bit more believable for everything that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom