• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I forgot to show this off; a WIP of a lineart coloring I'm doing on my iPad! It's Melia from Xenoblade. c:

Also tagging my fellow Bronados @Bosspon, @xLemmy_KoopaX, @Solfiner, @Nonstop Hype Train, @Ninjendo, @BluehunterZero, @Oblivion129, @Enyalb, @Spazzy_D, @SkittleE and of course Bronado-Social Thread regulars @ Kikkipoptart12 Kikkipoptart12 and @Rocket Raccoon

phew...I think that covers all of them that are still on SmashBoards. sorry for all the tagging omfg

I think the hair and wings came out great, but the clothes shading is a bit off imo. I think I'll shade her skin and eyes last

Plus, for some reason when exporting this from Procreate (the iPad app I use to color this) as a PNG, it gets...tinted this way and it looks way different on the iPad. I'll upload an iPad screenshot later to show you all if any of you are familiar with art apps.
I'm a Bronado too
I just don't visit Shulk's forums :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1/2 * distance of AB * distance of BC sounds nice... Until you realize it's a lie. Because you use AC in some cases instead if either AB or BC are hypotenuse. Which means you have to calculate all 3 out and figure out which one is hypotenuse and not use that one. My way looks more complicated but really isn't

AX(BY-CY) + BX(CY-AY) + CX(AY-BY)

Keep in mind his way requires use of distance formula 3 times, which is

D= √(X1 - X2)^2 + (Y1 - Y2)^2

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
A friend offered to lend me Xenoblade, but I know that will distract me from job searching...someone find me a job in the Bay Area so that I can play Xenoblade! ;_;

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
My title will always be Banned (6 Points) unless I can think of something better.
Can't do Mderatør, because it would look wrong without the red banner

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
1/2 * distance of AB * distance of BC sounds nice... Until you realize it's a lie. Because you use AC in some cases instead if either AB or BC are hypotenuse. Which means you have to calculate all 3 out and figure out which one is hypotenuse and not use that one. My way looks more complicated but really isn't

omg who would sit there and do the distance formula three times? I would given up

D

Deleted member

I forgot to show this off; a WIP of a lineart coloring I'm doing on my iPad! It's Melia from Xenoblade. c:

Also tagging my fellow Bronados @Bosspon, @xLemmy_KoopaX, @Solfiner, @Nonstop Hype Train, @Ninjendo, @BluehunterZero, @Oblivion129, @Enyalb, @Spazzy_D, @SkittleE and of course Bronado-Social Thread regulars @ Kikkipoptart12 Kikkipoptart12 and @Rocket Raccoon

phew...I think that covers all of them that are still on SmashBoards. sorry for all the tagging omfg

I think the hair and wings came out great, but the clothes shading is a bit off imo. I think I'll shade her skin and eyes last

Plus, for some reason when exporting this from Procreate (the iPad app I use to color this) as a PNG, it gets...tinted this way and it looks way different on the iPad. I'll upload an iPad screenshot later to show you all if any of you are familiar with art apps.
For something that was made on an iPad, this looks nice. I'd get a Surface Pro but that's expensive.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

I'm not a true Bronado, but I am a fellow artist.

I won't critique it, but your art is pretty good! The linework is best, and the hand was drawn with care. ;)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Well, depends on which points you consider the hypotenuse.

AB, AC, BC are all pretty vague unless you know the measurements of each side.

Besides, there's an easy way of figuring out the hypotenuse in a triangle. Are you dealing with triangles with a 90º angle? If you're working with such triangles, the hypotenuse ought to be the side that isn't comprised by the point on the 90º angle.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm not a true Bronado, but I am a fellow artist.

I won't critique it, but your art is pretty good! The linework is best, and the hand was drawn with care. ;)
I forgot to specify it was a free to color lineart, lol...drawn by someone else but they allow others to color it.

Soul.

I think my user title should be "Clueless".
Or "Thunder". Or "Lightning Surge". Or something.

edit: Also @ Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura nice drawing you have right there lol

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Besides, there's an easy way of figuring out the hypotenuse in a triangle. Are you dealing with triangles with a 90º angle? If you're working with such triangles, the hypotenuse ought to be the side that isn't comprised by the point on the 90º angle.
they way he said the problem made it sound like it was a oddshaped tiangle.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
they way he said the problem made it sound like it was a oddshaped tiangle.
From what I've studied of trigonometry back in high school, only right-angled triangles (with a 90º angle) follow the nomenclature of having an hypotenuse and two catheti.

I could be wrong, since trigonometry deals specifically with certain types of triangles.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Hypotenuse is the largest point. Which is why you have to do all 3. It also doesn't work if you use the hypotenuse. For example, using it I was getting (15√10)/2 as an answer when using the other point resulted in 15/2, which was the right answer

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Also the problem was probably that I wasn't graphing it, just doing the math. If I drew out the triangle I probably could have figured out the hypotenuse faster...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hypotenuse is the largest point. Which is why you have to do all 3. It also doesn't work if you use the hypotenuse. For example, using it I was getting (15√10)/2 as an answer when using the other point resulted in 15/2, which was the right answer
I see, but your formula isn't really anything special.

Sounds like an application of Pythagoras's Theorem. You know, let x, y be two catheti and h be the hypotenuse and their measurements follow this formula:

h^2 = x^2 + y^2

So, if you want to calculate x, you could arrange the equation so it becomes:

x = sqrt(h^2 - y^2)

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I'VE MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ALL OF THE CELEBRATION MUSIC!
10/10 BEST PAGE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo okay that's enough.
888 for the win.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

I like what you did with the coloring, I suck so bad at coloring that it's not even funny.

D

Deleted member

How many amiibos do y'all have?
I have like 14... I think..
The only one I plan on getting is Ness.
I might look for a Luigi one since they aren't hard to find. Captain Falcon, Shulk, and Mega Man are on my radar as well but they're all around $30+ and/or impossible to get your hands on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Man, the name of the thread sucks :troll:
It also sucks that Im over 1000 attempts and still no Shiny Latias :p

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I have like 50+ non-perfect Eevee on my Pokémon Y PC. That's as bad as not getting a Shiny Latias.
Meanwhile, I'm still soft-resetting for a perfect Naive Rayquaza...or at least as close to perfect as I can get. Still no luck after a month.

Also, I haven't bought an Amiibo. I may or may not get a Ness one in the future. If Mewtwo gets one, I'm more likely to get that, but not necessarily. Again, I need a steady source of income. ;_;

D

Deleted member

I'VE MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ALL OF THE CELEBRATION MUSIC!
10/10 BEST PAGE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo okay that's enough.
888 for the win.

That's relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom