• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I cannot believe that he actually took sets off of Mango. I did not expect that at all. Mango must have been very demoralized after Leffen humiliated his very existence. Mangoku was supposed to avenge Krillindude and America... but instead PPMD had to be the one to come through with that prescription.
Your icon is full of gold and it's hilarious. Lol.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I wanted aMSa to win...

Why is "Tomorrow's Passion" from Captain Rainbow's default settings on the Punch Out stage set to never?

Soul.

Mango for EVO 2015 pls
It's just a matter of time. He will win EVO. Calling it right now.

Poor Chillin though. Leffen was laughing almost every time in that match. I feel bad for him.

Leffen just likes to trash talk. Even though at times they are funny; all he did in that match vs. Chillin was laugh and go super ultra tryhard mode (im only kidding lol hes no tryhard) vs. him.

And about aMSa, yes. It is absolutely amazing to see a lower tier character in Yoshi beat up top tiers like Fox, Falco, Sheik... the list goes on.
Although he may have lost the set, he was just there, happy. Just like Yoshi.

also your avatar is top tier. "MY B" lmao.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
So I paid a visit to sound test for the first time and found something I never noticed.
Lucario has a 2 part voice clip of him saying "too weak" and now Im gonna be losing my mind as I try to figure out when he says it.

Morbi

Scavenger
So I paid a visit to sound test for the first time and found something I never noticed.
Lucario has a 2 part voice clip of him saying "too weak" and now Im gonna be losing my mind as I try to figure out when he says it.
Perhaps he says it during his Final Smash? If you play without items, you would not ever hear that piece of dialogue.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Perhaps he says it during his Final Smash? If you play without items, you would not ever hear that piece of dialogue.
Does not seem to be the case, from the way it sounds its possibly an attack sound and because too and weak are separate sound files I think its likely to be tied to an attack possibly a custom move.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Wow all these "smash 4 was disrespected by melee fans" threads popping up everywhere. I'm kinda glad we as a community are starting to notice it as a problem and I pray with all my heart that we start talking about it seriously. No matter what you think of sm4sh, Zero deserved his glory and victory and only to be shooed out for Melee by their fans was kind of a **** move. I love Melee, it holds a special place in my heart, and seeing it played today with so much hype, made me so happy. But my god are its fans on their own level. The passion is strong, but the hate boils right behind it.

In other news I have a newfound respect for Zero after this tournament.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Wow all these "smash 4 was disrespected by melee fans" threads popping up everywhere. I'm kinda glad we as a community start to notice it as a problem and we start talking about it and taking it seriously. No matter what you think of sm4sh, Zero deserved his glory and victory and only to be shooed out for Melee by their fans was kind of a **** move. I love Melee, it holds a special place in my heart, and seeing it played today with so much hype, made me so happy. But my god are its fans on their own level. The passion is strong, but the hate boils right behind it.

In other news I have a newfound respect for Zero after this tournament.
I just wish that people went about their criticism in a more respectful and logical way. It is hard to take their points seriously when they contradict themselves. But hey, I can think for myself. Sure, the crowd was acting horrible in a moment of weakness; however, that is no reason to turn the brain off and the emotions on.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
Wait... PPMD? What? Why?

No Nintendo announcement? What? Why?

What's wrong with you APEX

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
I just wish that people went about their criticism in a more respectful and logical way. It is hard to take their points seriously when they contradict themselves. But hey, I can think for myself. Sure, the crowd was acting horrible in a moment of weakness; however, that is no reason to turn the brain off and the emotions on.
I hope now that APEX is over we can turn our brains back on and think of a solution before this bloats.

"BUT DIDDY KONG IS OP" says the purist who didn't notice that top 8 had Rosalina, Sonic, Olimar, Sheik, Falcon, Pac-Man, and Duck Hunt not to mention that M2k was knocked out by an Olimar

Also by that logic and going by Eventhubs and professional Street Fighter players, Yun and Cammy should be winning every damn tournament including Capcom Cup and Evo...tiers don't mean jack anymore. Red :yoshimelee: proved that tonight.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I hope now that APEX is over we can turn our brains back on and think of a solution before this bloats.

"BUT DIDDY KONG IS OP" says the purist who didn't notice that top 8 had Rosalina, Sonic, Olimar, Sheik, Falcon, Pac-Man, and Duck Hunt not to mention that M2k was knocked out by an Olimar

Also by that logic and going by Eventhubs and professional Street Fighter players, Yun and Cammy should be winning every damn tournament including Capcom Cup and Evo...tiers don't mean jack anymore. Red :yoshimelee: proved that tonight.
You forgot :4littlemac:
Just saying lol :p

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Maybe just maybe with the absence of lucario in the later ends of Apex that people will shut up about him being so unfair and broken.

Also that social thread title, I thought I was tagged in a hate thread for a second.

Morbi

Scavenger
Maybe just maybe with the absence of lucario in the later ends of Apex that people will shut up about him being so unfair and broken.

Also that social thread title, I thought I was tagged in a hate thread for a second.
It is doubtful. Lucario is going to get the same **** that Ike got in Brawl. At a competitive level, Lucario is barely viable (my opinion, of course, I believe it takes a competent Lucario to efficiently utilize his aura mechanic) but at a casual level he destroys the little scrublets. It does not help that he will always have that "he rewards bad players" stigma.

I mean, who knows, maybe people will redirect their attention towards Rosalina after Apex. But I am not holding my breath. I value my life.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
It is doubtful. Lucario is going to get the same **** that Ike got in Brawl. At a competitive level, Lucario is barely viable (my opinion, of course, I believe it takes a competent Lucario to efficiently utilize his aura mechanic) but at a casual level he destroys the little scrublets. It does not help that he will always have that "he rewards bad players" stigma.

I mean, who knows, maybe people will redirect their attention towards Rosalina after Apex. But I am not holding my breath. I value my life.
Nooooo leave my Rosalove alone <3. Just keep redirecting it at Little Mac or someone else. I personally don't find Aura+Rage Lucario to be THAT annoying. Its interesting but its not the worst thing about this game by far. Lucario has his things that keep him, so no worries with him.

Also this thread's name is my favorite by far.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Was there any announcement at APEX?

Glad to see a Mega Man player was in the top 13. Not the best, but I'm still happy to see something.

Last edited:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387

Hes viable for sure its just that lucario has nothing fancy like all the spot lighted "high tiers",
No spike move, no "hoo hah" of any kind, and is mostly about reads.

But does have advanced moves and plenty of them (say hi to turn-around forcepalm grab, go from being back to back with someone to punching their face off)

The whining has potential to die down, cuz even if lucario has an instakill forward smash when at full aura (as in 0% to death) from the middle of the stage there is still a list of requirements for such a thing to happen with being read like a book being on the top of the list.

It will die down one day. Someday.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
In other news, the tsundere sharks subreddit is getting a bunch of stuff with Katie Perry's dancing sharks from the Super Bowl...I was expecting that to happen.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
OH BEFORE I GO TO BED

Anybody who has a club nintendo account GO CHECK OUT THE REWARDS. When they said to clean out your coins, they freaking meant it! I wish I had a bunch of stashed up coins to get some of that cool stuff -_-

Now I'm going to bed...goodnight loves :pikachumelee:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
In other news regarding the SuperBowl last night, and the origin of Amercan Football,

image.jpg

Speaking of which, Luigi should join the Patriots.
"But not official weight."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

OH BEFORE I GO TO BED

Anybody who has a club nintendo account GO CHECK OUT THE REWARDS. When they said to clean out your coins, they freaking meant it! I wish I had a bunch of stashed up coins to get some of that cool stuff -_-

https://club.nintendo.com/rewards-details/a/45263.do

Yup, you were right.

I can still register crud, right? I have a ton of unregistered games. (which is to say, all of my games, with the exception of Smash.)

Last edited by a moderator:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
OH BEFORE I GO TO BED

US only. Maybe Europe will get these things when our CN is closing down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom