• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Reminds me of my Freshman year. One night my suite-mates stayed up partying in their room until 3am, and shortly afterwards someone started throwing bottle rockets outside their windows (sounds like a gun shot). Didn't get to bed until 4:30.

Or when my next door neighbor had a jumbo stereo placed right against the opposite side of my wall, caused an earthquake. I'm still mad at my RA/housing office for ignoring my multiple complaints.

Quite frankly there's nothing to get used to, which is the issue. There's no crackdown happening right now, but you all are acting like there is, which does put us in a difficult position.

The biggest change, if it can be called that, is that we ask for you all to have a bit more substance when posting certain forms of content. You all were fairly good at not doing that, but it has happened and it did need a reminder.
You can't break a 2000 page habit.

That's like saying you need to chewing nails or smoking. It takes a lot to stop and I feel like it's y'all expecting it immediately. Not everything happens exactly when you want it to but it takes time

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
*sees what they say*
*Angrily ties ponytail*
@ FalKoopa FalKoopa @ --- --- @ IsmaR IsmaR
NOW LISTEN HERE, YOU LITTLE ****S.
I, for one, do not like the sudden strict turn this thread has taken.
Yes, I understand, we don't want the spam.
But honestly, there's basically no way we'll follow the rules for 2000 pages once more.
Rules are meant to be broken, muchacho.
AND BEFORE YOU INFRACT ME FOR TROLLING;
...Yes I expect you to do that. Carrying on;
Imagine this;
All this thread was is this exact sequence;

-2 Hours Later-

-2 Hours Later-

*Rysir gets Banned*
We do NOT want that happening here.
Like.
Seriously.
Just imagine if this place was just a wasteland.
No Fun.
No Glory, either.
No Jokes.
No Laughs.
Just.
Boring old bans and FC Sharing.
This is a SOCIAL THREAD.
WHERE ALL THE NUTJOBS, FURRYS, POKEMON AND WACKY WAR MACHINES CAN GO TO HAVE A DUMB LAUGH AND POKE FUN AT THE SMALLEST THING.
NOT A WASTELAND WHERE EVERYONE IS BANNED FOR POSTING
ONE
SINGLE
IMAGE.
IT'S NOT WORTH IT.
WHY EVEN GO HERE?
HECK, IF YOU WANNA BE STRICT, JUST LOCK THE THREAD NOW!
JUST DO IT.
If you want no fun, then we get no fun.
I say either loosen the hell up, or just lock the thread.
You wanna know why I made the Social Thread 4.64?
BECAUSE I KNEW THIS **** WOULD HAPPEN!
I KNEW YOU WOULD GET MORE STRICT?
How do I know this?
EX-FREAKING-PERIENCE.
THIS EVENT HAS HAPPENED ALOT IN OTHER PLACES.
And as soon as FalKoopa said that you guys had "Plans", I knew this was going into the ****ter.
The reason I wanted to be the Thread Owner is so this thread could stay awesome.
But you guys were like;
"LOLNOPE LET'S ALL HAVE SMASH SOCIAL PRISON 4.0 SUPERTURBOCHAMPIONSHIPMASKEDITION"
No.
No.
That's not what you do here.
Like I said, this is a SOCIAL THREAD.
Not like the actual normal threads, where there should be actual moderation.
For that matter, why are you placing your rear ends HERE?
Why not go Moderate any other place?
Do you stay here just because you're too lazy to moderate anywhere else until you get a Report Notification?
C'mon lads, we need to be EVERYWHERE.
You're MODERATORS.
You have to MODERATE the things that need MODERATION.
Not the completely random SOCIAL THREAD.
I mean.
Seriously.
I would continue, but I feel that I've ranted for too long, so TL;DR...
View attachment 33397
No Mods noticed this, it seems. Either that or they don't know how to reply.
I now take my leave.
Job = Done.gif

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Reminds me of my Freshman year. One night my suite-mates stayed up partying in their room until 3am, and shortly afterwards someone started throwing bottle rockets outside their windows (sounds like a gun shot). Didn't get to bed until 4:30.

Or when my next door neighbor had a jumbo stereo placed right against the opposite side of my wall, caused an earthquake. I'm still mad at my RA/housing office for ignoring my multiple complaints.

Quite frankly there's nothing to get used to, which is the issue. There's no crackdown happening right now, but you all are acting like there is, which does put us in a difficult position.

The biggest change, if it can be called that, is that we ask for you all to have a bit more substance when posting certain forms of content. You all were fairly good at not doing that, but it has happened and it did need a reminder.
I think the problem is that its a moment of shock. Its kinda hard to press on as usual when having to stop and question yourself if the post style you usually make will get you an infraction or not. Kinda difficult to figure out without getting an infraction on an older post. No one has a self reference. Kinda.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You can't break a 2000 page habit.

That's like saying you need to chewing nails or smoking. It takes a lot to stop and I feel like it's y'all expecting it immediately. Not everything happens exactly when you want it to but it takes time
I actually do chew my nails...a lot PF that is a legit anology. Its hard to stop chewing my nails
I have a feeling you've heard of Boku no Pico...
I have and I did like it *UNPOPULAR OPINION* I think its cute XD
Zelda U Link still looks like a boy to me. It's just that she looks rather doll-like, also:

bewbs
Wii u Link is a boy and omg... Cid looks beautiful.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
*Holds Oatmeal Rasin Cookie in hands*
HEY!
I FOUND THIS.
DOES THIS BELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG TO ANYONE?
*Extremely Bored*
*SEND HELP*

R0Y

Smash Master
I actually do chew my nails...a lot PF that is a legit anology. Its hard to stop chewing my nails

I have and I did like it *UNPOPULAR OPINION* I think its cute XD

Wii u Link is a boy and omg... Cid looks beautiful.

No, no, I know Wii U Link is a boy of course. I was surprised when I found out that many people didn't at the reveal trailer. Clearly a dude.

I meant to say Cid's face is doll-like and yeah, she's gorgeous.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
What are you talking about? I even liked your post.
Admit it, one of us! One of us! One of us!
I think the mods are just trying to beb reasonable...despite the rather harsh handing out of infractions.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
What are you talking about? I even liked your post.
I thing thats just Rocket being himself pfff
No, no, I know Wii U Link is a boy of course. I was surprised when I found out that many people didn't at the reveal trailer. Clearly a dude.

I meant to say Cid's face is doll-like and yeah, she's gorgeous.
oooh yeah, She does have a doll-like face. but damn she is super beautiful. I wouldnt mind looking like her... but Im black and have brown hair PF

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Well then.
I take my leave with this message to you moderators;
RANGER THE HELL UP, Y'STRICT BUTTS.
*runs away*
What?
The Moderators aren't butts.
@ FalKoopa FalKoopa is a Koopa of the Fal variety (Why IS your name FalKoopa?)
@Spirst is a soda (Apparently)
@ --- --- is a figment of our imaginations. He doesn't actually exist. (Trust me, I'm the duke of Japanada.)
and @Frostwraith is- ohhhhhhhh.... *Sniffs in sadness*

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Well, I'm going to bed. Tomorrow, I'll wake up to find this just to be a horrible dream.
See, we're all laughing. Yay denial! :happysheep:

G-G-G-Good night folks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

They put the speaker next to the wall? I would take that like they where intentionally annoying people with noise and directly call the cops.
Something similar hapened to me, where a guy was playing loud music on his truck subwoofers, I had to ask the guy to go to my house to show him how the windows were vibrating and some of the furniture was actually moving, the sad part is that he only turned down the music for a while and after that he kept the sound fest high again.
The good part is that karma hit him and his car battery died.

Also: great news, and Im totally surprised; the partiers just left, they cleaned up, they put all their beer bottles in the trash.
Im shocked to see such civil responsibility even when they were really drunk.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I bet if I was a mod I wouldn't be a butt :upsidedown:

No but(t) seriously our mods here aren't butts. You might disagree but it's usually for the betterment for the site.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Well, I'm going to bed. Tomorrow, I'll wake up to find this just to be a horrible dream.

See, we're all laughing. Yay denial! :happysheep:

G-G-G-Good night folks!
Denial?
I don't know where denial is (DON'T. SAY. IT.).
Where's @MisterVideoGaming when you need him?

Last edited by a moderator:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
They put the speaker next to the wall? I would take that like they where intentionally annoying people with noise and directly call the cops.
Something similar hapened to me, where a guy was playing loud music on his truck subwoofers, I had to ask the guy to go to my house to show him how the windows were vibrating and some of the furniture was actually moving, the sad part is that he only turned down the music for a while and after that he kept the sound fest high again.
The good part is that karma hit him and his car battery died.

Also: great news, and Im totally surprised; the partiers just left, they cleaned up, they put all their beer bottles in the trash.
Im shocked to see such civil responsibility even when they were really drunk.
That's good to hear. As a shuttle bus driver on my campus, what I wouldn't kill for having to pick up civil drunk people. Had to stay late one night and clean up someone's vomit, after they left without telling me. :rolleyes:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Cindy from Final Fantasy XV? Considering that translations usually are crap in the beginning, if she is the first female Cid, then her localized/translated name is probably Cidney and she might just go by Cid. This reminds me of this: Caitlyn, Katelyn, Katelin, Kaitlan, Catlin, and whatever random way people have changed it. I can't wait for "Ktln" as another way to write "Caitlyn". Damn new age hippies and their hatred of vowels! :p At least there's like only a couple ways of writing Sydney.

Remember "Chrome" for Chrom? Krom would have worked fine, but somehow, people thought it was or translated it as "Chrome". Fortunately, it ended up as Chrom. Oh, and there's Cordelia who's Japanese name is Tiamo which is basically "I love you" in Italian. THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH HER BEING NAMED THAT!!! I like both names, but what the hell, localization?

Thankfully we have Ezio Auditore da Firenze which might be grammatically incorrect from what I read 'cause he's a he and it should be de Firenze, but it's fine for Claudia, his sister. I don't know much Italian aside from swear words. Thanks, Assassin's Creed 2. Anyway, I digress.

"Cindy's" a tomboy; I like tomboys... :love:

So... we can't post a ton of gifs or images with purpose? THEN I WILL GIVE THEM PURPOSE! That or pursue poetry. :p

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I personally don't think that rules are going to keep the social thread from slowing down.... Eh Whatever, I probably don't know what I'm talking about, since I'm super tired and the mods thinking up colorful crap out of nowhere

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom