• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
AW YEAH, TIME TO POST QUOTE FROM CA-
*remembers the two infraction points*

...nevermind.
[quote_from_cave_story.jpg]
...I tried.
yeah, I wouldn't risk getting more points PFFF
*is listening to Dream Team music*
It doesn't help most of my gifs are reaction gifs that I dont have to say anything for and. I dont have much to say for my rabbit pictures though, hmm Ill have to figure this out

I forgot Im supposed to be checking on my class grades

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
The mods were nice enough to even let us continue with the social thread. I'm staying, I can live with no more imagesetters/videos/gifs in my posts.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
[aint_no_thing_like_me_cept_me.gif]

I HATE THIS!
AW YEAH, TIME TO POST QUOTE FROM CA-
*remembers the two infraction points*

...nevermind.
[quote_from_cave_story.jpg]
...I tried.
Guys, seriously. You can still post those pictures, you just have to add a conversation point afterwards.

Here's an example:
(Important person sees me)
4be.gif

Anyway, I just beat classic 9.0 without losing a life. Man that was hard. But at least I can finally stop wasting time on it. Back to collecting trophies for me.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
This thread turned into North Korea :troll:
inb4 @ WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂ 's computer is hacked and his Link drawings are leaked

yeah, I wouldn't risk getting more points PFFF
*is listening to Dream Team music*
It doesn't help most of my gifs are reaction gifs that I dont have to say anything for and. I dont have much to say for my rabbit pictures though, hmm Ill have to figure this out
Let's write novels on our disagreements with the system. Well written novels always get good repsonses.
[generic_'60s_hippie_saying_"stick_it_to_the_man".jpg]

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
*sees what they say*
*Angrily ties ponytail*
@ FalKoopa FalKoopa @ --- --- @ IsmaR IsmaR
NOW LISTEN HERE, YOU LITTLE ****S.
I, for one, do not like the sudden strict turn this thread has taken.
Yes, I understand, we don't want the spam.
But honestly, there's basically no way we'll follow the rules for 2000 pages once more.
Rules are meant to be broken, muchacho.
AND BEFORE YOU INFRACT ME FOR TROLLING;
...Yes I expect you to do that. Carrying on;
Imagine this;
All this thread was is this exact sequence;
Person A said:
So.... anyone wanna play Smash....?
-2 Hours Later-
Person B said:
Me... I guess...
-2 Hours Later-
Rysir said:
Hm... So! *insert THE AURA, YOU GUYS! image here*
*Rysir gets Banned*
We do NOT want that happening here.
Like.
Seriously.
Just imagine if this place was just a wasteland.
No Fun.
No Glory, either.
No Jokes.
No Laughs.
Just.
Boring old bans and FC Sharing.
This is a SOCIAL THREAD.
WHERE ALL THE NUTJOBS, FURRYS, POKEMON AND WACKY WAR MACHINES CAN GO TO HAVE A DUMB LAUGH AND POKE FUN AT THE SMALLEST THING.
NOT A WASTELAND WHERE EVERYONE IS BANNED FOR POSTING
ONE
SINGLE
IMAGE.
IT'S NOT WORTH IT.
WHY EVEN GO HERE?
HECK, IF YOU WANNA BE STRICT, JUST LOCK THE THREAD NOW!
JUST DO IT.
If you want no fun, then we get no fun.
I say either loosen the hell up, or just lock the thread.
You wanna know why I made the Social Thread 4.64?
BECAUSE I KNEW THIS **** WOULD HAPPEN!
I KNEW YOU WOULD GET MORE STRICT?
How do I know this?
EX-FREAKING-PERIENCE.
THIS EVENT HAS HAPPENED ALOT IN OTHER PLACES.
And as soon as FalKoopa said that you guys had "Plans", I knew this was going into the ****ter.
The reason I wanted to be the Thread Owner is so this thread could stay awesome.
But you guys were like;
"LOLNOPE LET'S ALL HAVE SMASH SOCIAL PRISON 4.0 SUPERTURBOCHAMPIONSHIPMASKEDITION"
No.
No.
That's not what you do here.
Like I said, this is a SOCIAL THREAD.
Not like the actual normal threads, where there should be actual moderation.
For that matter, why are you placing your rear ends HERE?
Why not go Moderate any other place?
Do you stay here just because you're too lazy to moderate anywhere else until you get a Report Notification?
C'mon lads, we need to be EVERYWHERE.
You're MODERATORS.
You have to MODERATE the things that need MODERATION.
Not the completely random SOCIAL THREAD.
I mean.
Seriously.
I would continue, but I feel that I've ranted for too long, so TL;DR...
YOU COULD HAVE STOPPED THIS.gif

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@ FalKoopa FalKoopa WHERE'S THE "& KNUCKLES" PART?

WE DISCUSSED THIS!
Blame @ --- --- for that.
Complaining at/nagging staff members isn't exactly the best route to take. The suggestion has been brought up already, and we will take it into account for any potential future title changes (which was one of the ideas we had for this thread), but we need to see if you all can comply with the refreshed rules first.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Guys, seriously. You can still post those pictures, you just have to add a conversation point afterwards.

Here's an example:
View attachment 33396

Anyway, I just beat classic 9.0 without losing a life. Man that was hard. But at least I can finally stop wasting time on it. Back to collecting trophies for me.
Thats a big "No Rysirs allowed" for me as one line conversations is how I work.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
This reminds me when I made my account, Crashboards happened but I kept the rules page open and I read it over and over again until the crash ended. I was a lurker during the D-Idara incident, and since 2007 so, I try to not get not even a single infraction point, specially because english is not my native language.

This is my first experience in forums so I don't wanna mess it up anymore :p

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
*sees what they say*
*Angrily ties ponytail*
@ FalKoopa FalKoopa @ --- --- @ IsmaR IsmaR
NOW LISTEN HERE, YOU LITTLE ****S.
I, for one, do not like the sudden strict turn this thread has taken.
Yes, I understand, we don't want the spam.
But honestly, there's basically no way we'll follow the rules for 2000 pages once more.
Rules are meant to be broken, muchacho.
AND BEFORE YOU INFRACT ME FOR TROLLING;
...Yes I expect you to do that. Carrying on;
Imagine this;
All this thread was is this exact sequence;

-2 Hours Later-

-2 Hours Later-

*Rysir gets Banned*
We do NOT want that happening here.
Like.
Seriously.
Just imagine if this place was just a wasteland.
No Fun.
No Glory, either.
No Jokes.
No Laughs.
Just.
Boring old bans and FC Sharing.
This is a SOCIAL THREAD.
WHERE ALL THE NUTJOBS, FURRYS, POKEMON AND WACKY WAR MACHINES CAN GO TO HAVE A DUMB LAUGH AND POKE FUN AT THE SMALLEST THING.
NOT A WASTELAND WHERE EVERYONE IS BANNED FOR POSTING
ONE
SINGLE
IMAGE.
IT'S NOT WORTH IT.
WHY EVEN GO HERE?
HECK, IF YOU WANNA BE STRICT, JUST LOCK THE THREAD NOW!
JUST DO IT.
If you want no fun, then we get no fun.
I say either loosen the hell up, or just lock the thread.
You wanna know why I made the Social Thread 4.64?
BECAUSE I KNEW THIS **** WOULD HAPPEN!
I KNEW YOU WOULD GET MORE STRICT?
How do I know this?
EX-FREAKING-PERIENCE.
THIS EVENT HAS HAPPENED ALOT IN OTHER PLACES.
And as soon as FalKoopa said that you guys had "Plans", I knew this was going into the ****ter.
The reason I wanted to be the Thread Owner is so this thread could stay awesome.
But you guys were like;
"LOLNOPE LET'S ALL HAVE SMASH SOCIAL PRISON 4.0 SUPERTURBOCHAMPIONSHIPMASKEDITION"
No.
No.
That's not what you do here.
Like I said, this is a SOCIAL THREAD.
Not like the actual normal threads, where there should be actual moderation.
For that matter, why are you placing your rear ends HERE?
Why not go Moderate any other place?
Do you stay here just because you're too lazy to moderate anywhere else until you get a Report Notification?
C'mon lads, we need to be EVERYWHERE.
You're MODERATORS.
You have to MODERATE the things that need MODERATION.
Not the completely random SOCIAL THREAD.
I mean.
Seriously.
I would continue, but I feel that I've ranted for too long, so TL;DR...
View attachment 33397
We have the Social Thread PM. Just hide there until they lighten up

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Here's an example:

Basically/in a nutshell. The image/gif/video spam itself was also contributing to serious lag when opening any given page for a lot of users. Every once in a while is fine, but this was literally every page, all the time. If nothing else, post them in spoilers.

All I'm getting out of most of these complaints: putting effort into posts is hardddddddddd

Opinions are fine. You can post without having to write an essay each time. But if your entire purpose in posting here is get easy likes/increase your post count/post/spam for the sake of it, then we've reached an impasse. All we're asking is to tone it down a bit

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I guess I could just provide long essays on interesting finds in the Toy Story films...I should do that tomorrow...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I guess I could just provide long essays on interesting finds in the Toy Story films...I should do that tomorrow...
YOOO An Essy on Toy Story would be amazing fro a research paper. I wish I did that for my humanities class for the final x.x
Basically/in a nutshell.

The image/gif spam itself was also contributing to serious lag when opening any given page for a lot of users.

All I'm getting out of most of these complaints: putting effort into posts is hardddddddddd

Opinions are fine. You can post without having to write an essay each time. But if your entire purpose in posting here is get easy likes/increase your post count/post/spam for the sake of it, then we've reached an impasse. All we're asking is to tone it down a bit.
Ill have to figure out whaat to do with my rabbit pictures then. I normally just post one picture of a rabbit and that speaks for itself so Ill have to change that

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
YOOO An Essy on Toy Story would be amazing fro a research paper. I wish I did that for my humanities class for the final x.x
I would willingly clear my whole weekend to write an essay related to Toy Story. The possibilities are ENDLESS!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
When the party drunk guys start doing so much noise to the point that my windows are vibrating (hell, even my laptop is vibrating) for the sound waves; it's time to call the cops and hope they listen, wish me luck guys.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I mean we can... but the randomness was half the fun but we can
I'm sure you guys can, this thread is meant to be pretty liberal/random after all. We just ask that there is less video/gif/etc. only posts, avoid double posting, and to be more careful when calling/tagging someone out.

This thread never needed a crackdown, but if users are going to act this way when we ask to remember site rules when starting anew, maybe we were wrong.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
(From 3.0) As I said before, I only spend time on the social thread. If it were to ever go away, or get boring, I'd probably leave and never come back.
Hm. This may become a reality soon. I mean, I don't really post gifs/images in this thread as often as some others, (barring the one with Groosigi, Link, and the Blue Shell, and the Sayaka one) but still, I dunno. I mean, I doubt anyone really cares though, I'm just sayin'.

Well at least I can still do this:
So, How's everyone doing today?

T

Trick or Treat

When the party drunk guys start doing so much noise to the point that my windows are vibrating (hell, even my laptop is vibrating) for the sound waves; it's time to call the cops and hope they listen, wish me luck guys.
Time to unleash a sick breakdown. That'll show em.

Or just call the cops.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Hm. This may become a reality soon. I mean, I don't really post gifs/images in this thread as often as some others, (barring the one with Groosigi, Link, and the Blue Shell, and the Sayaka one) but still, I dunno. I mean, I doubt anyone really cares though, I'm just sayin'.

Well at least I can still do this:
So, How's everyone doing today?
We have a Social Thread PM & it's Civil War now

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Ironically, it'll be me and whoever had the idea of placing these rules
now now, lets not be like that. we just hav to get used to the rules
I'm sure you guys can, this thread is meant to be pretty liberal/random after all. We just ask that there is less video/gif/etc. only posts, avoid double posting, and to be more careful when calling/tagging someone out.

This thread never needed a crackdown, but if users are going to act this way when we ask to remember site rules when starting anew, maybe we were wrong.
Ill just have to get used to the rules. But in all honesty, I'm a bit scared to post any of my images because I know I'll possibly get interacted because I cant think of anything to go with the picture.
Cid in FFXV:

WHOA is that a boy.... thats a boy right... please tell me thats a boy

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Is this an infraction? Legit question
How, it's not a spoiler, FFXV isn't coming out anywhere next year :p

now now, lets not be like that. we just hav to get used to the rules

Ill just have to get used to the rules. But in all honesty, I'm a bit scared to post any of my images because I know I'll possibly get interacted because I cant think of anything to go with the picture.

WHOA is that a boy.... thats a boy right... please tell me thats a boy
No, it's a girl. Her Southern accent is difficult to make out in the English trailer, though the French subtitles said Cindy, I think it was Cidney, and at any rate, it is Cidney in Japan.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Is this an infraction? Legit question
I'm also trying to see examples so I at least know what to do when I do post a picture
Not trying to be smart to anyone. I know I'm stupid for looking for examples
No, it's a girl. Her Southern accent is difficult to make out in the English trailer, though the French subtitles said Cindy, I think it was Cidney, and at any rate, it is Cidney in Japan.
Wow she looks so much like a boy O.o

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
To put it in perspective:

The original thread lasted from the boards inception (June 2012) to early February 2014. Over two and a half years.

2.0 lasted from February to the end of August. Only 6 months, but that's accounting for stuff like Smash Directs/E3 bringing in a ton of new users.

3.0 lasted just barely over 3 months, from end of August to now. That's less than half the time/lifespan of 2.0.

Mind you that's 2,000 pages a pop/thread. With half of them being image/gif/meme/reaction posts and like-farming as of late.
*Narrows eyes*
Waitaminute.
If the point of the new rules regarding pictures was made in order to slow down the rate at which this thread advances, then why is it called the Turbo Hyper Edition?
I feel like that name would've better suited 3.0.
EDIT: I guess the image spam-lag makes sense. I noticed that in Social Thread 3.0

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Everything went better than expected:
-Cops didn't answered....Only In México ladies and gents.
-I wanted to pull a Triple H but my mom took my hammer
-We decided to actually dialog with the party hard guys, they aren't from here strangely
-Thankfully they're nice drunk people and actually tried to listen (and dance with us) despite the fact one girl is nearing a ethilic intoxication
-They turned down the music
-Peace

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
-We decided to actually dialog with the party hard guys, they aren't from here strangely
-Thankfully they're nice drunk people and actually tried to listen (and dance with us) despite the fact one girl is nearing a ethilic intoxication
-Peace
0/10 Not enough fight sequences and explosions
That went better than I thought it would. Glad it worked out.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Reminds me of my Freshman year. One night my suite-mates stayed up partying in their room until 3am, and shortly afterwards someone started throwing bottle rockets outside their windows (sounds like a gun shot). Didn't get to bed until 4:30.

Or when my next door neighbor had a jumbo stereo placed right against the opposite side of my wall, caused an earthquake. I'm still mad at my RA/housing office for ignoring my multiple complaints.

Quite frankly there's nothing to get used to, which is the issue. There's no crackdown happening right now, but you all are acting like there is, which does put us in a difficult position.

The biggest change, if it can be called that, is that we ask for you all to have a bit more substance when posting certain forms of content. You all were fairly good at not doing that, but it has happened and it did need a reminder.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
-Peace
Oh...Oh wow
Now if you guys can listen to this. This guy need to get paid for doing this

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom