• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well yeah everyone is free to support their character or whatever, it's just what is more noticeable about speculation. Character threads.
In my opinion, I feel that speculation has come a long way since 2011 (when these games were announced) and now it's all about DLC and we don't know if the only DLC will be Mewtwo or not.

That's what I said a page ago lol. Except the bandwagon.
Well, I kinda expected the speculation to go drastically down, I didn't expected that stuff like dr mario would die it off mostly which is very sad because it's just annoying to deal with.

I knew it would have died eventually without it, but because of this situation.....it pretty much has no way to reborn, except the group, but again, being more concentrated on future games announcement, there's no reaosns to revive it now so I guess it's a bit annoying, but it was going to happen anyway.

I just find people flaming other characters to be very bad even if it's supporting my most wanted...it's just bad to live with this.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

Here lies :4megaman:. Capcom wasn't enough to kill him.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
"People started supporting characters I don't like or from a series that I don't know. That MUST mean it's a useless bandwagon!"

lol try harder
Challenge Accepted.

Good Supports:
  • Cut Smash Characters
  • Lesser know leads from a niche Ninty franchise
  • ONE other major sidekick/partner from an existing series (ex. :4falco:->:4fox:)
Bad Supports:
  • Characters who have no chance of reappearing due to legal reasons (ex. Geno)
  • Another main character from a series already represented in Smash that doesn't bring anything new to the table (ex. Ninten -> :4ness:)
  • Sonic/Mega Man/Metal Gear/Pac-Man sidekicks
There you go.

D

Deleted member

Nobody has a problem Paper Mario. We have a problem with people who thin Geno, generic Goomba #65374648568746, Popple, and those crappy Mario Tennis characters.

Thankfully only one of my examples exist.
Paper Mario would make an interesting Mario rep
LOL Geno isn't happening. Sorry to all who want him to appear in a Smash game, but he's just too much of a minor character to get in. Besides, I doubt Square-Enix would want to do another thing like SMRPG again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
If you're having problem with character speculation, then bring it up in the Character/Roster/Whatever Discussion thread, where, y'know, speculating happens and people will listen. I have no idea why people are bringing it up here...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If you're having problem with character speculation, then bring it up in the Character/Roster/Whatever Discussion thread, where, y'know, speculating happens and people will listen. I have no idea why people are bringing it up here...
Because nothing is sacred anymore. Haven't you heard?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Challenge Accepted.

Good Supports:
  • Cut Smash Characters
  • Lesser know leads from a niche Ninty franchise
  • ONE other major sidekick/partner from an existing series (ex. :4falco:->:4fox:)
Bad Supports:
  • Characters who have no chance of reappearing due to legal reasons (ex. Geno)
  • Another main character from a series already represented in Smash that doesn't bring anything new to the table (ex. Ninten -> :4ness:)
  • Sonic/Mega Man/Metal Gear/Pac-Man sidekicks
There you go.
You kinda said a thing that is actually another problem (I did found supporting hard so...).

I do agree perfectly on the second point of bad support....as well as the example....

The problem is when people actually belive it is when it's not the case. I think it was a problem for bandana dee and others like bowser jr before confirmation (that one, I honestly still didn't get the reaction with the alts....really).

Now, my case was so much affected by it that trsut me, I kinda had to write a whole essay on the OP to tell this. It's just very annoying to deal with btw, not much popularity which makes this worse.

But if you take this belief further, it gets into "ouch my head" kind of thing.

For example, I heard that mega man wasn't like for some because he would be like samus....I just can't get this....and I'm not even a fan of the series....gosh this is so flawed....

Yeah, supports was kinda of annoying to do, but the feel of getting supporters completely worths it, it made me so happy and hype :)

which is actually why I'm still here and I'm happy to :)

Soul.

Well, I kinda expected the speculation to go drastically down, I didn't expected that stuff like dr mario would die it off mostly which is very sad because it's just annoying to deal with.

I knew it would have died eventually without it, but because of this situation.....it pretty much has no way to reborn, except the group, but again, being more concentrated on future games announcement, there's no reaosns to revive it now so I guess it's a bit annoying, but it was going to happen anyway.

I just find people flaming other characters to be very bad even if it's supporting my most wanted...it's just bad to live with this.
Speculation will eventually come back in the next Smash game, where its competitive potential isn't known yet because it will be in development while some will be here waiting for more details about it and stuff. Yeah.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Speculation will eventually come back in the next Smash game, where its competitive potential isn't known yet because it will be in development while some will be here waiting for more details about it and stuff. Yeah.
I guess I need to post this again:

"It was tough for me to see that every time I made a new game, people automatically assumed that a sequel was coming. Even if it's a sequel, lots of people have to give their all to make a game, but some people think the sequel process happens naturally."
- Masahiro Sakurai

Best quote ever. As for why I actually don't react the same for Paper Mario series, it's because it's speculation based on actuall evidences like the leak, but for speculation about something we don't even know exist or will exist in the future, I just tend to not go there and enjoy what we have.

In Paper Mario case, that means SPM and before, lol.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Because nothing is sacred anymore. Haven't you heard?
It seems counterproductive if people are complaining about speculation or have problems, but aren't taking it to the Character Discussion thread, where all the action happens. But whatevs.

Soul.

I guess I need to post this again:

"It was tough for me to see that every time I made a new game, people automatically assumed that a sequel was coming. Even if it's a sequel, lots of people have to give their all to make a game, but some people think the sequel process happens naturally."
- Masahiro Sakurai

Best quote ever. As for why I actually don't react the same for Paper Mario series, it's because it's speculation based on actuall evidences like the leak, but for speculation about something we don't even know exist or will exist in the future, I just tend to not go there and enjoy what we have.

In Paper Mario case, that means SPM and before, lol.
Oh lol of course I enjoy what we have. Smash 4 is good.
inb4 3DS version complaints

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I think the general consensus that speculation majorly focuses on:
  • NEWCOMERZ!!!!
  • Stage/item/mode potential
  • NEWCOMERZ!!!!!111111
  • Possible competetive longevity
  • NEWCOMERZ!!!1111

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
  • NEWCOMERZ!!!!
  • NEWCOMERZ!!!!!111111
  • NEWCOMERZ!!!1111
And when the roster gets leaked:
  • WHEREISRIDLEY!!!
  • THISROSTERSUX!!!
  • SAKURAISHOULDQUIT!!!
  • NORIDLEY!!!!
  • WHYISTHISCLONEIN!!!

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Got to get something of my chest, I like moving stages and Items in smash come at me Bro!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
tbh, I rather not try in this forum anymore....

I did and got very bad experiences....
Hey man, I was a long advocate for :roypm: to return. If I had a dollar for every time I got **** on (and yeah, gamefaqs is worse)... Well, if you don't mind sharing... I'm guessing you had problems with Paper Mario?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
We could use more Pit. So...
:4pit:

Not really, "Time for a change of pace!"
Idk what I'm saying today. The thing that is true though, is that Mondays suck, so I hate Mondays.

D

Deleted member

• NEWCOMERZ!!!!
  • NEWCOMERZ!!!!!111111
  • NEWCOMERZ!!!1111
People will just stick to Melee and 64 because the latter two have shown that they're more for casuals according to the pros. :troll:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
And when the roster gets leaked:
  • WHEREISRIDLEY!!!
  • THISROSTERSUX!!!
  • SAKURAISHOULDQUIT!!!
  • NORIDLEY!!!!
  • WHYISTHISCLONEIN!!!
ouf, with the statement said on Ridley, I pretty much expect this to not be a major problem anymore.

If it is, then you can hope for the 0.00000001% of chance that
Sakurai decided to revert....if I were you don;t even hope on this to happen.

I can get how persistent the supporters were, but there's a point where there's no reasons to continue.

Soul.

• NEWCOMERZ!!!!
  • NEWCOMERZ!!!!!111111
  • NEWCOMERZ!!!1111
The speculation community doesn't focus on competitive potential. They focus on the...ahem, rest you mentioned.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Got to get something of my chest, I like moving stages and Items in smash come at me Bro!
[insert novel on why you should remove yourself off the earth for playing casually]

I mean, it doesn't take away the fact that you like smash; some of us prefer one playstyle to another. I like playing Brawl with projectiles, mini, stamina, and fixed camera.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
ouf, with the statement said on Ridley, I pretty much expect this to not be a major problem anymore.

If it is, then you can hope for the 0.00000001% of chance that
Sakurai decided to revert....if I were you don;t even hope on this to happen.

I can get how persistent the supporters were, but there's a point where there's no reasons to continue.
Pretty sure that statement will be forgotten as time flies by. Therefore, I still expect a lot of Ridley-supporters when (if) Smash 5 production shows up.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Pretty sure that statement will be forgotten as time flies by. Therefore, I still expect a lot of Ridley-supporters when (if) Smash 5 production shows up.
Or they could die off like our friend geno.
Get out of here your casual scum.:troll:

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
If they can support a purple dragon with wings, then so can I!

CLERIC, WOODY, AND BUZZ LIGHTYEAR 4 SMASH 5!!!!111111 :4dk:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Not gonna point any fingers or name any names
But someone on this website is just a sad display.
Their "Wishlist" is so freaking huge, and the sad thing is that it's full of characters from the same series, when said series isn't even represented in Smash at all yet.
And 4th Party Characters on the wishlist.
Just makes me sad sometimes how hopeful they are about it.

...Still better than some people on Miiverse, tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom