• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Damn...this almost makes me want to drop the big ones on a New 3DSXL....almost.

Thing will be abandoned soon though and will have few exclusives. And NOA are so incompetent we aren't even getting the regular sized or white ones. You can't fool me Nintendo.

I'm guessing Xenoblade Chronicles won't be one of the games released on the Wii U eShop just because Nintendo wants to sell New 3DS with this port, which is higher-priced anyways.
Yeah, I'm sure Xenoblade won't be released on the Wii U eShop thanks to this. And in 2016, the successor gets revealed so yeah. Blame my touch device for the typos. >_>

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

Thing will be abandoned soon though and will have few exclusives. And NOA are so incompetent we aren't even getting the regular sized or white ones. You can't fool me Nintendo.

I'm guessing Xenoblade Chronicles won't be one of the games released on the Wii U eShop just because Nintendo wants to sell New 3DS with this port, which is higher-priced anyways.
NoA can't release white / regular sized New 3DS units but they can release the Wii and Wii U in white even though the colors are discontinued. Meh.
The 3DS has like 1 year left anyway. I never tried Xenoblade (Wii) so I may or may not get the 3DS port.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Although I've never had an XL model, my current 3DS is DEFINITELY showing its age and I'm dying for the New 3DS, XL or not (can't be THAT different).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Here, ladies and Gentlemen (and racoons), we can see Capcom downgrading Monster Hunter, one of their best selling and well received franchises in modern times, to your typical cliché japanese animation.
Nope, so much nope. This is why Capcom and Sega are officially dead to me these days, and I have ZERO hopes for whatever adaptions they have panned for their older IP's in the future.

Strofirko

Smash Master

Here, ladies and Gentlemen (and racoons), we can see Capcom downgrading Monster Hunter, one of their best selling and well received franchises in modern times, to your typical cliché japanese animation.
Represents the franchise too well,I was expecting he main villain be a mafian leader,his minions been high stature persons with size of nuts heads,cgi jurassic park dinossaur,predict some national disaster,flee the focus of the main concept game to xman low quality ****,scrap what made the games good to some world conspiracy,and the main character that has nothing to do with the game survives because is the wife of the director.

R0Y

Smash Master
Although I've never had an XL model, my current 3DS is DEFINITELY showing its age and I'm dying for the New 3DS, XL or not (can't be THAT different).
See, I'm the opposite. I expect and go into a console gen not expecting to buy a second console, even handhelds. My 3DS feeling ancient is okay with me, I know the thing is from 2011.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Well it's nice to know I can take it even less seriously now. Thanks Capcom. You always find a way to ruin an experience.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Uhh, pretty sure the OG sold more units overall, though obviously not in the last 2 1/2 years. Fact is 2011 (at launch and after price drop) and 2012 were the only good years in the West for the 3DS.

Having a 240p screen blown up to nearly double the size isn't my idea of an improvement, or of something portable.
The XL sold more in the US though. and the N3DSXL sold more in Japan as well

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Nope, so much nope. This is why Capcom and Sega are officially dead to me these days, and I have ZERO hopes for whatever adaptions they have panned for their older IP's in the future.
Now I'm scared about the future of Street Fighter V. Seriously, Capcom can kill itself so easily sometimes.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

Since when was Monster Hunter about anime girls with monsters on the side?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So the story's still in the works, @ FalKoopa FalKoopa . :p

I'm almost 20 pages in, and have a LOT more to cover. I just need more time. @__@

Wouldn't want it to be half baked after all.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I'm sure the N3DSXL sold more in Japan, and that XL stat isn't accurate at all.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2014/141029e.pdf

Page 7, look at the Life to date stat. Regular 3DS sold far more.
Alright you know what, whatever. I dont care anymore about the regular DS not coming to the states anymor, As long as we get it, I dont care
Why should ANYONE care? Its like mst people arent happy we are even GETTING it. for all w know, nintendo could pull back and NOT release it at all.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Since the old title was only there for less than a day, I combined the two titles for fairness. :p

R0Y

Smash Master
Alright you know what, whatever. I dont care anymore about the regular DS not coming to the states anymor, As long as we get it, I dont care
Why should ANYONE care? Its like mst people arent happy we are even GETTING it. for all w know, nintendo could pull back and NOT release it at all.
NOE and Nintendo Australia would never do that. In fact, it's already too late for Nintendo Australia.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
NOE and Nintendo Australia would never do that. In fact, it's already too late for Nintendo Australia.
I meant NOA, since people are SOOOO unhappy about not getter the regular ****ing DS, why not get say " ok" and not give the XL

Im just in a bad mood because I hate seeing people acting all pissed when they are Lucky NA is even getting it

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Now I'm scared about the future of Street Fighter V. Seriously, Capcom can kill itself so easily sometimes.
Yep, look at what happened to Dino Crisis last Gen and what they had done to Clock Tower after acquiring the franchise. Hell, Capcom can never really get Street Fighter's continuity right since the 80's.

Gouken had been killed by Akuma. Nope, let's bring him back through Dues Ex Machina! Birdie had been established as a white street punk. Nope, let's retcon him as a stereotypical black thug. Charlie is canonically dead in the Street Fighter universe. LOL nope, let's revive him for our next installment of Street Fighter for the PS4.

You see what I mean?

R0Y

Smash Master
I meant NOA, since people are SOOOO unhappy about not getter the regular ****ing DS, why not get say " ok" and not give the XL

Im just in a bad mood because I hate seeing people acting all pissed when they are Lucky NA is even getting it
How is that lucky if the rest of the world gets it, much of it far earlier?

R0Y

Smash Master
To be entirely fair that might be because the vanilla 3DS was out for longer.
Not likely, there was a little over a year difference in release dates, and smartphones have eaten the 3DS market over that time. The 3DS XL has sold more since then, but the 3DS' only good years (2011 and 2012) the OG reigned.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Yep, look at what happened to Dino Crisis last Gen and what they had done to Clock Tower after acquiring the franchise. Hell, Capcom can never really get Street Fighter's continuity right since the 80's.

Gouken had been killed by Akuma. Nope, let's bring him back through Dues Ex Machina! Birdie had been established as a white street punk. Nope, let's retcon him as a stereotypical black thug. Charlie is canonically dead in the Street Fighter universe. LOL nope, let's revive him for our next installment of Street Fighter for the PS4.

You see what I mean?

Everything is linked. Everything.
But yeah, the story of Street Fighter is not really logical anyway. I still don't know how Zangief can turn his hand green. Has Mother Russia went too far ? We'll never know.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master

People complaining because would had too many exclusives,now have too few exclusives,the thing is it sold like crack on japan,it wil not be abandoned too quick,it is how the capitalism works,NOA faults are NOA faults,and dkc returns was ported to 3ds on the past by the same company that made xenoblade chronicles on 3ds,and guess what,it is on the wiiu e-shop on europe.
Sorry if it sounded white knighting.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Just watch as the next character they reveal is Hatsune Miku.
No, they'll bring Evil Ken and Evil Mr.Bison. And of course, they'll create new original characters that are just like the others from past games. Remember the french dude in Street Fighter 3, Remy ? Yeah, Guile clone.

If they don't bring Dan and Dudley back though, it's gonna be sad.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
*You're.

And no....the rest of the world gets a choice, but Reggie pretends the original Wii doesn't exist.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/09/18/why-we-didnt-get-a-white-3ds-xl
I edited it to fix that.
We ARE getting the New 3DS right? Ignore the fact that they get a choice, we are STILL getting the 3DS Model...

Im getting irritated... Im just going to drop it.
Just watch as the next character they reveal is Hatsune Miku.
I was about to say "Dont they own her?" But I remembered Sega has her... I think?

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
No, they'll bring Evil Ken and Evil Mr.Bison. And of course, they'll create new original characters that are just like the others from past games. Remember the french dude in Street Fighter 3, Remy ? Yeah, Guile clone.

If they don't bring Dan and Dudley back though, it's gonna be sad.
Yeah, but I can't exactly call them "Kawaii Desu~ ^w^" or whatever diabetes inducing crap people spit out.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Yeah, but I can't exactly call them "Kawaii Desu~ ^w^" or whatever diabetes inducing crap people spit out.
Dan is already kawaii.

Besides, he's the master of a school girl who's better at fighting than him. But she doesn't have the attitude and beauty of her master.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

That's just a good business strategy.

That would just be a good business strategy.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
That looks like a character I would play in a heartbeat

Dan is truly the man.
Seriously though, Dan was my main in Street Fighter IV. It was the only character with Ryu that I was good with.
And I'm proud of it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
*logs in*
*a lot of people quote a video with boobs*
*Space Stranger is our new Overlord*

Everything looks normal

but yeah...
RIP in Pepperoni Monster Hunter

Status