• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I blame Warchamp for not fixing the popcorn machine. I mean, what are we going to do with all this excess salt we got for all the Melee Vs. Brawl threads?
Wait...there's still thread about this ? I thought it was dead a long time ago. What in the world are they still debating on an old subject like that ? What's even the point ? I'm confused.

T

Trick or Treat

1 second left in Madden, and my team is down 7 points with the ball.
It's the conference final, so if I lose I miss the Super Bowl.
I run the ball, and watch my player go ALL THE WAY
Baltimore Ravens 2012!

Last edited by a moderator:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
When all else fails, eat it raw.
I guess you're right. I can't put all of it in my water anyway.

Wait...there's still thread about this ? I thought it was dead a long time ago. What in the world are they still debating on an old subject like that ? What's even the point ? I'm confused.
I think we're all confused, especially since this is the Smash 4 forum. Probably has to do with comparisons to Brawl, such as Smash 4 being mocked as Brawl 2.0. Usually pops up in threads about sharing ideas or Sakurai interviews.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@ FalKoopa FalKoopa

Thought you would be interested. Someone is making a Touhou fangame with Smash Bros-like gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/user/FromSoySauce/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

Apparently there's news that it will be ported to the Wii U as they got licensed as Wii U devs. Kind of weird seeing a fangame getting into an official console, but apparently there are upcoming Touhou fangames for PS4/Vita.

http://okgamedev.com/2014/10/from-soy-sauce-accepted-as-an-official-wiiu-developer/
Wow, it's does look impressive. I don't have a Wii U though. I hope it's released on PC as well.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
@ FalKoopa FalKoopa

Thought you would be interested. Someone is making a Touhou fangame with Smash Bros-like gameplay.

Apparently there's news that it will be ported to the Wii U as they got licensed as Wii U devs. Kind of weird seeing a fangame getting into an official console, but apparently there are upcoming Touhou fangames for PS4/Vita.

http://okgamedev.com/2014/10/from-soy-sauce-accepted-as-an-official-wiiu-developer/

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
@ FalKoopa FalKoopa

Hmm....
That looks pretty cool.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I think we're all confused, especially since this is the Smash 4 forum. Probably has to do with comparisons to Brawl, such as Smash 4 being mocked as Brawl 2.0. Usually pops up in threads about sharing ideas or Sakurai interviews.
Man, I thought those type of people were extinct.
I mean, Brawl was desing to "casuals" to begin with, why do they still cry about it ? Smash 4 is really a "Brawl 2.0", since it was desing to appeal to both competitive and casual players. That's just my opinion.
But anyway, I hope those debates will stop. It's useless, both for Brawl and Melee fans.

Naoshi

Wow, it's does look impressive. I don't have a Wii U though. I hope it's released on PC as well.
I think it's coming to PC too since that's the lead platform. The news of it coming to Wii U is relatively new.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
@ FalKoopa FalKoopa

How'd they get the rights to sell it on an official console?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I don't look at it in terms of how the games play.

I like Smash 4 because it's the newest one on the newest console, and the roster is bigger.

Even in terms of gameplay, I prefer Brawl over Melee, but 4 over Brawl. Melee was too "heavy" for my tastes.

Though Brawl does have something that I can't let go of...

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I don't look at it in terms of how the games play.

I like Smash 4 because it's the newest one on the newest console, and the roster is bigger.

Even in terms of gameplay, I prefer Brawl over Melee, but 4 over Brawl. Melee was too "heavy" for my tastes.

Though Brawl does have something that I can't let go of...
In competitive order :
1)Smash 4
2)Project M
3)Melee
4)Smash 64
5)Brawl

Smash 4 is for me the best competitive Smash : it's accessible, but not too casual. You feel that Sakurai and his team tried to provide a competitive game balanced and for everyone. There's some errors here and there, but it's the best for me.
Project M and Melee could have tied with me, but Project M feels overall better than Melee in terms of mechanics and roster. You have everyone in it, the famous wavedashing and an overall better presentation. It's a better Brawl.
Melee is Melee, it's legendary at this point. But like Project M, Melee is too confusing for me to get in : wavedashing and perfect frames aren't my taste of tea.
Smash 64 is nice and original and is pretty balance for some reason. 12 characters makes the game less unbalance I guess. Plus, there's no dodge system, wich is interresting on it's own.
Brawl never felt competitive to me, even as a child. It's too slow, has no intention of being competitive and is not very well balanced. It's good for a casual play with friends, but not in a tournament in my eyes.

Anyway, I should not say more about this subject, or else a debate will appear.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm so used to Brawl and Smash 4's physics that playing Melee or Project M completely throws off my game. Smash 4 is definitely the best for me as well.

Naoshi

Well it's a video game, so naturally gameplay matters most to me. Brawl's gameplay was just too slow paced for my liking, so I wasn't able to enjoy the game as much as I wanted to. I tend to feel kind of bored after an hour (or less) of playing. I don't play Smash competitively much, but I need good pacing in combat or the game is not fun to me. Other factors is the quality of the game design itself, and not to mention the stages. Quality over Quantity IMO. A game having a bigger roster doesn't make it instantly better for me, despite characters being the major pull of the games.

With all that said, I'm pretty satisfied with SSB4's combat for the most part. It's a real blast.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I might prefer Sm4sh if the only controller I had for it wasn't a giant tablet with buttons.
Lol, you might just buy a Pro controller then, or a Gamecube controller adapter if you can. Playing with a mablet is a bit weird. Still better than the Wiimote I guess.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I love it that way, personally.
I don't hate it, but the GamePad's controls are not comfortable at all. I've lost matches due to the weird control stick placement. I expected to have a GCN controller in my hands by now, but Nintendo decided they don't know what we're talking about and won't make more.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I need to get a gamecube adaptor someday, but man, I wish they didn't become sold out when I didn't have money. >.>

Anyway, Smash 4 gameplay is the best for me. Brawl is too slow, (and tripping is too annoying), and melee was too fast and require to many fast inputs.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I don't hate it, but the GamePad's controls are not comfortable at all. I've lost matches due to the weird control stick placement. I expected to have a GCN controller in my hands by now, but Nintendo decided they don't know what we're talking about and won't make more.
Wish it worked with stuff other than Smash, like initially hinted. I have it and barely used it.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Lol, you might just buy a Pro controller then, or a Gamecube controller adapter if you can. Playing with a mablet is a bit weird. Still better than the Wiimote I guess.
I can't just "buy" a Pro controller. Besides, it's almost as much money for a whole game for one controller, when I could pay less than half for three controller - if they were properly stocked.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I can't just "buy" a Pro controller. Besides, it's almost as much money for a whole game for one controller, when I could pay less than half for three controller - if they were properly stocked.
Or you could just use your 3DS as a controller right ? It's still a good controller on it's own I guess.

Last edited:

Naoshi

Could always get the Hori Battle Pad. I've heard great things about it.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Or you could just use your 3DS as a controller right ? It's still a good controller on it's own I guess.
That might work, but it's still not particularly comfortable, and I don't think the 3DS controls would function as well was when I'm actually playing on the small screen.

Wii Remote + Nunchuck combo is the way to go.
I've been using that control scheme for a while. It's not great but I definitely prefer it to GamePad.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
That might work, but it's still not particularly comfortable, and I don't think the 3DS controls would function as well was when I'm actually playing on the small screen.
Well at least it's a little bit more comfortable than a gamepad controller.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom