• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
With Bowser Jr. And Lucina as my mains, my secondaries are Sonic, Robin, and Yoshi. I'm just good with Sonic ever since Brawl, Robin has a cool moveset, and Yoshi is my childhood idol.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
When it comes to fun, :4palutena: takes the cake, even without the custom specials. As for Pit, I prefer :pit: over :4pit: in some aspects but I could never give up on him, so yea... I still love him and Pally.
I tried :4palutena: before. I like her playstyle as a whole, but I'm not good with her. Her moves are too laggy for me in general. :4drmario: moves are surprisingly quick compared to her.

So far, my secondaries are :4bowser:, :4ganondorf:, :4littlemac: and :4mario:. And I like to play :4robinf:, :4wiifit:, :4zelda: and :4wario2: for fun. But I need to find a third main that ain't like :4falcon:. Maybe :4sonic: could do the trick, he's been pretty popular recently with :4luigi:.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
He has custom moves ? It's logic, but damn they are not memorable. Guess vanilla ROB is better with his frustrating gyros and his UpB. But he doesn't even care, his throws kills anyway.

Yes, I don't really like ROB as a character.
Um, I was referring to Custom Moves in general.

I'm not the most hardcore Smash player around here.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My favourite Smash 4 character is still R.O.B. though. Despite the nerf to his Up-B, he feels more solid than Brawl.

And he's cute. :redface:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Um, I was referring to Custom Moves in general.

I'm not the most hardcore Smash player around here.
I know.

My favourite Smash 4 character is still R.O.B. though. Despite the nerf to his Up-B, he feels more solid than Brawl.

And he's cute. :redface:

Still, I don't like his gyros and his zangief like throw that actually K.O.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I love the hypocrisy of clone haters.

I just watched a video that analyzed every character in the game and when the guy got to :4lucina:, :4darkpit: and :4drmario:; all he did was bashing, bashing and bashing, yet at other point of the video he expressed he wanted :roymelee: and :pichumelee: back, no, I'm not joking with the latter, he really said that.

Last edited:
I kind of regret it now, though. Disney took it off all the digital stores, too, and I kind of liked playing as Phoenix Wright even if I had no idea what I was doing.
I enjoyed using Phoenix Wright at first but then they removed one of the unintended reasons to use him (Invincible assists, unless you hit him from the back)

Also, massive oversight on leaving Turnabout Wright with only one low-hitting poor ranged normal (His crouching L attack). Good job Capcom
Today I got all of :4rob: customs in the Wii U. Truly I forgot those existed.
I nearly forgot about custom moves because they're banned. I'm neutral on it at the moment

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I love the hypocrisy of clone haters.

I just watched a video that analyzed every character in the game and when the guy got to :4lucina:, :4darkpit: and :4drmario:; all he did was bashing, bashing and bashing, yet at other point of the video he expressed he wanted :roymelee: and :pichumelee: back, no, I'm not joking with the latter, he really said that.
Fun fact : all the characters that people want to see back from Melee sucks.
:roymelee: was weaker than :marthmelee:, :pichumelee: was a joke, :mewtwomelee: was considered the worst character for a long time and :younglinkmelee: was the only one decent. Only :drmario: was considered good and he came back in Smash 4.

By the way, I hope Mewtwo won't suck in Smash 4. Even though he probably will.

I nearly forgot about custom moves because they're banned. I'm neutral on it at the moment
Me too, I play vanilla with every character, even :4drmario:. It's weird to play against them, especially when you only play with the basic moveset.

Me too, I play vanilla with every character, even :4drmario:. It's weird to play against them, especially when you only play with the basic moveset.
I only want power vision anyway. Or hyper arts. Plus, there are some characters that make me a bit against customs

I usually say, "Mewtwo's low tier" for the giggles

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Fun fact : all the characters that people want to see back from Melee sucks.
:roymelee: was weaker than :marthmelee:, :pichumelee: was a joke, :mewtwomelee: was considered the worst character for a long time and :younglinkmelee: was the only one decent. Only :drmario: was considered good and he came back in Smash 4.

By the way, I hope Mewtwo won't suck in Smash 4. Even though he probably will.

That's something I can agree.

I was hyped as a little kid when I picked up a tips magazine and saw :mewtwomelee: as unlockable in Melee. I spent almost an entire day on matches to get to 700. When I unlocked him and tried him... what a way to represent the most powerful Pokémon by then.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
That's something I can agree.

I was hyped as a little kid whe I picked up a tips magazine and saw :mewtwomelee: as unlockable in Melee. I spent almost an entire day on matches to get to 700. When I unlocked him and tried him... what a way to represent the most powerful Pokémon by then.
When I was a kid, I thought the :icsmelee: were horrible characters. But I also thought that :drmario: was awesome to play. And to this very day, I still like to play with this italian doctor, even in Smash 4 where he's slow for no reason. Oh no, there's one : his lab coat is too heavy. Yeah, thanks Sakurai for this "explanation", but I don't believe it.

:mewtwomelee: was a fun character to play as a kid. I mean, he was cool and all, but I still thought that :ganondorfmelee: was the best character in the game. And his old running animation was the funniest thing in the world for me at the time.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
When I was a kid, I thought the :icsmelee: were horrible characters. But I also thought that :drmario: was awesome to play. And to this very day, I still like to play with this italian doctor, even in Smash 4 where he's slow for no reason. Oh no, there's one : his lab coat is too heavy. Yeah, thanks Sakurai for this "explanation", but I don't believe it.

:mewtwomelee: was a fun character to play as a kid. I mean, he was cool and all, but I still thought that :ganondorfmelee: was the best character in the game. And his old running animation was the funniest thing in the world for me at the time.
Wait, Sakurai really said that? Melee's trophy's explanation of him having a lack of exercise due to being holed up in his laboratory makes more sense - though he wasn't actually slower in that game, he was supposed to be, and they overlooked it by mistake.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I main :4lucario: and my secondary mains are :4yoshi: :4villager: and :4rob:

Use to play :4littlemac: until I got sloppy with him too much.

I'm practicing with :4bowser: and :4pikachu: currently.

Last edited:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Secondaries? Personally I'm still holding out for Mewtwo, but at least focusing on one character at a time gives me the chance to help out the Mega Man board a fair amount. The wait still sucks though.

:4charizard::4palutena::4pacman: I find myself playing as a lot in For Fun. :4myfriends: is cool too, but all the kiddies online and that he's much more satisfying on the Wii U version (which I don't have just yet) I'm leaning away from him.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Why did they ban all custom moves, can't they ban some custom that are just broken, some characters can benefit from them.
:4pit: is not as bad people make him to be, I like this :4pit: more than this :pit:. :4pit:got better arrows, a up B that you can't easily gimp like the brawl Pit. Pit's new down B is great to prevent follow ups, the only thing I don't like about smash 4 Pit is no glide and the side B.

I'm trying to make :4villagerf: and:4marth: one of my Secondaries. I have :4robinm: as a secondary right now.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Wait, Sakurai really said that? Melee's trophy's explanation of him having a lack of exercise due to being holed up in his laboratory makes more sense - though he wasn't actually slower in that game, he was supposed to be, and they overlooked it by mistake.
It's on his alt trophy.
"Mario and Dr. Mario are only slightly different. Basically, Dr. Mario is stronger, but his MD slows his speed and lowers his jump. He also has a move Mario doesn't: Dr. Tornado, a down special that can trap opponents before launching them. You can move left and right while doing it and press the button repeatedly to rise into the air."
In french, it clearly says that his coat is too heavy for making him faster.

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
Hey hey, heavy :diddy:user, now i'm Maining :4diddy:,:4bowserjr:, and :4villager:. occasionally work on my :4pikachu:,:4robinm:, and :rosalina: game.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
It's on his alt trophy.
"Mario and Dr. Mario are only slightly different. Basically, Dr. Mario is stronger, but his MD slows his speed and lowers his jump. He also has a move Mario doesn't: Dr. Tornado, a down special that can trap opponents before launching them. You can move left and right while doing it and press the button repeatedly to rise into the air."
I think is different depends on where you live, None of the US Dr. Mario trophies say any of that. I don't think Sakurai write any of that.

D

Deleted member

The only character I use currently is :4dedede:. No secondary mains or anything; I do have some, but that is Melee and we are talking about Smash 4. I first used:4drmario: when the 3DS game came out, but I gave up on him at some point because he suffered a lot from the engine and he's just inferior compared to his Melee incarnation. I picked up Dedede because I thought he was a good character and because I completed the 9.0 challenge using him, and did very well (I think), so why not?

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I main :4lucina: and :4pacman:, and secondaries would be :4bowser:, :4mario:, :4zss:, :4gaw: and :4robinm:.

:4tlink:, :4bowserjr:, :4darkpit:, :4rob: and :4palutena: are my tertiaries.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
It's on his alt trophy.
Well, that's dumb.

To compare, this is what the Melee Adventure trophy says:

There's hardly any difference in the abilities of Mario and Dr. Mario, so choosing is largely a matter of taste. Dr. Mario is a tad slower due to his lack of exercise, but his Megavitamins pack a bit more punch than Mario's Fireballs. The capsules travel on a unique trajectory and make a distinct sound on impact.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I think is different depends on where you live, None of the US Dr. Mario trophies say any of that. I don't think Sakurai write any of that.
Yeah, probably that. But he was meant to be slow anyway, so I don't care.

The only character I use currently is :4dedede:. No secondary mains or anything; I do have some, but that is Melee and we are talking about Smash 4. I first used:4drmario: when the 3DS game came out, but I gave up on him at some point because he suffered a lot from the engine and he's just inferior compared to his Melee incarnation. I picked up Dedede because I thought he was a good character and because I completed the 9.0 challenge using him, and did very well (I think), so why not?
I started maining Doc since he's my favorite character in Smash. And I still like to play him, even if the engine is not really adapted for him. And it's funny when people don't know how to fight him in Smash 4.

R0Y

Smash Master
:025::079: Pokken Fighters looks pretty sick, and I say this as someone who stopped playing Pokemon after the first generation. I hope/expect there will be a Wii U port and Western release.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

Staline is shocked of something. What the something is, we don't know.

Yes, I'm bored. Gotta go play some :4sonic: and see if I'm good with him.
Yes, I gotta go fast.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
:025::079: Pokken Fighters looks pretty sick, and I say this as someone who stopped playing Pokemon after the first generation. I hope/expect there will be a Wii U port and Western release.
How it works.

1. Arcade version goes around Japan, does balancing and adds crap
  2. When that's all done, they port. (About a year)
  3. Realize it's only January and porting takes a year
  4. Cry

Soul.

Hai.

I honestly thought of maining :4yoshi: back when these two games announced. Not sure why, I just felt like it. It was then in 2014 when they finally confirmed him at last; seemed like he got buffed and he did, but thanks to the way he plays in Smash 4 I dropped him.

Then I started to think about using :4tlink: on these two games for some reason and it didn't work. Eh.

Now I just use :4pikachu: after watching lots of Brawl videos. Since it plays like Brawl Pikachu in a way I decided to use it.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
We're listing mains?
Well, I've mained :4link: and :4kirby: forever
I mess around with :4robinm: :4shulk: and :4pit: and occasionally use :4dk:as a joke

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom