• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Remind me to never go near the Unhappy Thread again. Someone there is kind of a jerk and gives the most unhelpful "advice" ever. I can see why @Saikyoshi had a falling out with that thread...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Also um, in need of computer help again

I have a DVD free burning software that I think got corrupted. I cannot uninstall it or delete the folder, it will always say "Access Denied" even when I'm on an admin account (I use Win 7 Home Premium fyi) and upgrading its version will also cause "access denied" during the install and so the new version will be useless. Is there some way I can get rid of it?

...it's times like this I really wish we had a Technology forum.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Remind me to never go near the Unhappy Thread again. Someone there is kind of a jerk and gives the most unhelpful "advice" ever. I can see why @Saikyoshi had a falling out with that thread...
That thread is a nightmare. Occasionally, flame wars erupt for no reason.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Also um, in need of computer help again

I have a DVD free burning software that I think got corrupted. I cannot uninstall it or delete the folder, it will always say "Access Denied" even when I'm on an admin account (I use Win 7 Home Premium fyi) and upgrading its version will also cause "access denied" during the install and so the new version will be useless. Is there some way I can get rid of it?

...it's times like this I really wish we had a Technology forum.
Did you try turning it off and turning it back on?

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
So, I was browsing on Google Images, when suddenly this appeared:

Ah, Black Rock Shooter, my 2012 obsession. I remember when I listened to the song and watched the OVA, getting hooked immediately. When I got noticed an anime was in production, I was hyped. Then I watched it. And I loved it.

However, that was in my weaboo/otaku fase (I hate my 14-16 years old self), when I thought everything japanese was perfect vand superior to everything american.

Now that I look back at it... it's not as good as I thought.

Thing is, the story is very complex, which is the main problem, too complex for an 8 episode series or at least for it's writers. Another plain of existance where your soul is a personification of badassness with huge weapons fighting other souls making those that die their real self to become more controled? You can't explain that in just a short span of episodes.

Not only that, but the pace is rushed, prime examples are the 1st and 4th episodes.

And also the plotholes, the biggest one if you ask me is
How did Yuu got to know about STRength and the Other World? Was the suffering she had so much that she sensed it existed? Did she have any kind of power? Why it's never explained?

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well if we're talking fanfics... I had an idea for a story where Naruto goes insane from Sasuke not noticing him, and then goes on a massive genocidal rampage.
It's a romantic comedy if you were wondering.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So, I was browsing on Google Images, when suddenly this appeared:

Ah, Black Rock Shooter, my 2012 obsession. I remember when I listened to the song and watched the OVA, getting hooked immediately. When I got noticed an anime was in production, I was hyped. Then I watched it. And I loved it.

However, that was in my weaboo/otaku fase (I hate my 14-16 years old self), when I thought everything japanese was perfect vand superior to everything american.

Now that I look back at it... it's not as good as I thought.

Thing is, the story is very complex, which is the main problem, too complex for an 8 episode series or at least for it's writers. Another plain of existance where your soul is a personification of badassness with huge weapons fighting other souls making those that die their real self to become more controled? You can't explain that in just a short span of episodes.

Not only that, but the pace is rushed, prime examples are the 1st and 4th episodes.

And also the plotholes, the biggest one if you ask me is
How did Yuu got to know about STRength and the Other World? Was the suffering she had so much that she sensed it existed? Did she have any kind of power? Why it's never explained?
BRS is still pretty badass though.

D

Deleted member

I was referring to Pit with the gals of my choice. But the word "puffs" does have something to do with it (not the Pokemon). It's a reference to the type of hugs I like him to receive.

I know exactly what you're referring to.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I feel like the ending of Naruto was fanfic written by a fan...sigh, it wasn't.
It had to be
CHOJI X RANDOM CLOUD NIN
KIBA X CAT LADY WHO APPEARED IN ONE FILLER EPISODE.
Are you kidding me?
Kishi disappoints me

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
It had to be
CHOJI X RANDOM CLOUD NIN
KIBA X CAT LADY WHO APPEARED IN ONE FILLER EPISODE.
Are you kidding me?
Kishi disappoints me
When I first saw Naruto and Hinata's kid, I thought it was a dA fanart.

Sasuke and Sakura daughter looks cute tho.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Though for you guys wondering about the Social Story, I will give you a new "sneak peek." Nothing too major...just a character list. Just the main cast. Not even all the main cast, as some are left out to avoid spoilers (mainly villains and such).

Tank the 1980s Cyborg Otaku (remember when I said you guys gave me too many descriptors for the main character? :p )
Falkoopa
Smooth Criminal
Croph
Roy (not the Koopaling)
Israel the Thief
Bob (the Volcanikin guy I showed you)
Debbie (a mermaid with...special powers)
Hugh and Hank ( a lucid dreamer and his lackey)

That's the principal cast anyway. One major villain and one spoilery good guy were left out of this list.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Never seen the anime, I just meant the character design.
Which did come first after all.
The character was first. It's very curious, she just was one of so many artworks the artist randomly but awesomely made. There was never an intention to turn into a franchise.

But then some guy requested to make a song based on the pic, which the artist gladly collaborated on the art. Then the OVA hapenned.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Though for you guys wondering about the Social Story, I will give you a new "sneak peek." Nothing too major...just a character list. Just the main cast. Not even all the main cast, as some are left out to avoid spoilers (mainly villains and such).

Tank the 1980s Cyborg Otaku (remember when I said you guys gave me too many descriptors for the main character? :p )
Falkoopa
Smooth Criminal
Croph
Roy (not the Koopaling)
Israel the Thief

That's the principal cast anyway. One major villain and one spoilery good guy were left out of this list.
This is gonna be interesting...
I'm interested.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Falkoopa
Smooth Criminal
Croph
Roy (not the Koopaling)
Israel the Thief

You know, sometimes I wonder what would happen if we tried to put this on DeviantART. How would people react?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Is 18 too young to legitimately be saying 'Back in my day..."?
Because that's generally what I think most of the time.
No, it's not too young, at least, IMO.
I occasionally say it (Mostly jokingly, but sometimes seriously), and I'm 15.
A LOT can and HAS changed in 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom