• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So the other day I had the strangest rounds of Smash Run. From the "stoves":

(For context, the heat had disappeared before I jumped down. So I shouldn't have gotten hurt.)

To a Shy Guy teleporting constantly between two blocks.

Though I can't say it's worse than a floating Glice I found one time.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I wouldn't be surprised if Gligar pulls a MTP and says he was joking all the time.
I would be more surprised if Chris Chan released a 1 hour video apologizing.

...But that will never happen.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I was being facetious, I'm aware of the different names between the Japanese and English versions, but since the franchise in general is adamant about Pokémon never being evil (which makes for an interesting case with the name in Japanese), it made for an easy joke on the matter.
Well, now I look stupid.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I still wonder what on earth happened to that place? It used to be everybody's first video game discussion board, but now it's filled with filth and sometimes acts too much like a wannabe-4chan.
I second this. What happened to that site, really?

D

Deleted member

I would be more surprised if Chris Chan released a 1 hour video apologizing.

...But that will never happen.
I doubt that will happen, but you know, I don't really care about it. Only Encyclopedia Dramatica talks about it these days.
Maybe if Chris-Chan apologizes things would stop and everything would go back to normal.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I still wonder what on earth happened to that place? It used to be everybody's first video game discussion board, but now it's filled with filth and sometimes acts too much like a wannabe-4chan.
It's gotten to the point where the users create polls for their favorite Pokemon feet.

...I need to stay the hell away from that place.

Soul.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gligar pulls a MTP and says he was joking all the time.
Except that Gligar will receive more hate because he makes no sense at all. :troll:
I second this. What happened to that site, really?
Unfortunately, GameFAQs had a surprisingly huge increase of noob users which made veteran users leave the site because it was too old, looked boring, and it's troll happy.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh this sucks

There is a website I have to use to pay my student loan

But I can't remember my user name on it

Clicking the "Trouble Assessing your account" link just resets your password.

But that doesn't help since it's my user name I don't remember

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
It's gotten to the point where the users create polls for their favorite Pokemon feet.

...I need to stay the hell away from that place.
oC9Egkm.gif

Yeah, stay out of it. Seriously, what in all the names of god is this site ?

Strofirko

Smash Master
The world of 2D platform is totally unfair.
New super mario bros. 2 - The simplistic mechanics made the game.
Kirby triple Deluxe - The game stayed in it's comfort zone.

Kirby epic Yarn - The beautiful visuals regardless of the difficult is the high point.
Yoshi story - Too childish for me.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
He's the closest thing to evil Pokemon's got. He is part of Team Rocket, after all.
Not even, really.
Jessie, James, and Meowth are the farthest thing from evil that Team Rocket's got.
Bink, Cassidy, and Their pokemon would probably be closer to evil.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Not even, really.
Jessie, James, and Meowth are the farthest thing from evil that Team Rocket's got.
Agreed, but in the context of the anime, they're still considered the main villains and bad guys, despite being good guys caught up in a bad situation.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Not even, really.
They are better than the heroes. Seriously, James has a background ten times bigger than any main character in this anime. I mean, this dude could have a own show about him, heck, about the whole Team Rocket.
Meanwhile, Ash is the most bland guy on the planet and his friends are more interresting than him.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
They are better than the heroes. Seriously, James has a background ten times bigger than any main character in this anime. I mean, this dude could have a own show about him, heck, about the whole Team Rocket.
Meanwhile, Ash is the most bland guy on the planet and his friends are more interresting than him.
I'd love to see Jessie background more, that's sure. I think it was only brought one time to show her mom dying.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I can agree with that.
If I'm correct, Jessie and James only ever succeed when they play the heroes/just aren't evil.
The only thing they've ever successfully stolen from Ash (And kept) Is a thunderstone.
Y'know?
That thing that they(Ash and co.) probably don't care about losing in the first place?
Also, the Team Rocket central episodes are pretty good, IMO. Especially the one with the Team Rocket entrance test.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I'd love to see Jessie background more, that's sure. I think it was only brought one time to show her mom dying.
The Team Rocket has a sad background.
Jessie's mom died during a mission, Jessie wanted to be a chancey nurse but failed at it (that's dumb) and needed to join the Team Rocket due to being the only she could go.
Meowth background is pretty big too, he has some old specials about him.
And James, sweet baby Jesus, this dude has the worst of them all. I can't tell all of it, but it's pretty big for this character.

Meanwhile, Ash and all his friends got nothing. They're bland. Great.

Soul.

Well, what did you expect. Ash is supposed to be a bland character. Apparently.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The Pokémon anime overall has became a joke. Pure cash-grab that sells and has strong audience thanks to brand name.

They could have done like the games and the Pokémon Adventures manga and have switching protagonists, telling shorter, but more compelling, stories while keeping the same overall series format. It would keep things fresh and interesting each season.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
The Pokémon anime overall has became a joke. Pure cash-grab that sells and has strong audience thanks to brand name.

They could have done like the games and the Pokémon Adventures manga and have switching protagonists, telling shorter, but more compelling, stories while keeping the same overall series format. It would keep things fresh and interesting each season.
They should have stopped when Ash defeated the battle frontier. It was the best season, where he actually improved in his character and in his skills.

But since it makes money, they gotta keep the show going. Yay.

Soul.

The only reason I can thank the Pokémon anime for existing is GIFs so that I can put them on a signature or something. Aside from that I really don't care about it.
They should have stopped when Ash defeated the battle frontier. It was the best season, where he actually improved in his character and in his skills.

But since it makes money, they gotta keep the show going. Yay.
You're honestly better off watching Sonic Boom. Pokémon anime is meh now. X/Y is going to have another season on February 7th in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom