• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Why :wolf: was cut anyway ? Was :4rob: or :4wiifit: this important compared to him ? He's like the only vilain that represent the Star Fox side, why cutting him from Smash 4 ? Because he was a clone ? Or it was just Sakurai saying "No more space animals in my game." ?
Are you dissing the :4rob:?
Death is coming for yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Lmao shots fired. This man knows.

Anyways um, inb4 activity slows down
GOTTA GO FAST
GOTTA GO FAST
GOTTA GO FASTER, FASTER, FASTERFASTERFASTER.
*Guitar*

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
~RamOne~
"Actually **** you."
What? Why? What did I do? D:

Cue RamOne making Project Spark videos on YouTube in the near future.
Yeah, right, and Ridley is gonna be playable.

And new conquest:

I know Dark-type is called Evil in Japan and therefore making it fit, but it's still funny to see Greninja as a bad guy next to Ganondorf and Bowser.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

And new conquest:

I know Dark-type is called Evil in Japan and therefore making it fit, but it's still funny to see Greninja as a bad guy next to Ganondorf and Bowser.
Never trust ninjas, those guys will always kill you softly.
I'm looking at you @Kermit the Ninja

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, if Ash's Froakie evolves all the way

Is Ash going to become the villain?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

And new conquest:

Watch this and you'll understand...
That it was just a reference.
:)

D

Deleted member

And new conquest:

Greninja is a bad guy? What is this if I don't even? Second quote I know.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

And new conquest:

Greninja is a bad guy? I guest he works for team Flare.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Ridley was too big to begin with. It's his character with yelling and being a big vilain.
Ice Climbers weren't "that" wanted.
But I still don't understand for :wolf: and :lucas:. They are popular in their fanbase, fits perfectly the roster and represent well their series as bad guy and hero. But noooooo, let's cut them, they were clones remember. Sakurai at the beginning never wanted clones. So he cut them, and after he realized his mistake by adding the clone trio, he knew he f*cked up.
So, to "excuse" his mistake, he decided to add Mewtwo late in development, so that people forget about his mistake.

But in general, :lucas: and :wolf: should have been priorities over other characters like :4rob: or :4drmario: (even though he was added late in devlopment). My theory is dumb, like any theory. But I still think those two should have been added first.
They were likely cut due to time restrictions and limited resources, not because they were clones. Remember that as much as we want it, not every character can return even if they have good reasons to stay, and that's always going to be a fact of the game's development. So no, it was not a "mistake," it was just the way things worked out in development and they were the ones that got cut.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

:4sonic: seems quiet happy, even though he's going to be eaten by a dinosaur.

Soul.

And new conquest:

Why yes, Ridley will inevitably be playab—never mind.
Greninja is a "villain." Oh, joy, we finally got a Pokémon villain!!!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Greninja being with the villains/bad guys is something indeed lost in translation.

In Japanese, the Dark-type is, in fact, called Evil-type (あく aku).

If you were to literally translate "dark" to Japanese, it would be 闇 yami or 暗い kurai. The former is a noun (the dark, darkness), the latter is an adjective.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

And new conquest:

Greninja leader of next evil team confirmed.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's likely that in the original Japanese script, the team is called something like 悪人 akunin, literally meaning "bad/evil person" or "villain".

As I referred in my previous post, the Dark-type is called Evil-type (あく aku). In kanji, it's written 悪. Isn't it familiar? (You could easily guess what 人 means by now... :p)

Wait, what happened to the whole "no Pokémon are evil" statement the main series put out?
Quoting myself:
Greninja being with the villains/bad guys is something indeed lost in translation.

In Japanese, the Dark-type is, in fact, called Evil-type (あく aku).

If you were to literally translate "dark" to Japanese, it would be 闇 yami or 暗い kurai. The former is a noun (the dark, darkness), the latter is an adjective.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mariotehplumber's latest video on why his persona exists and what's going to happen to the amiibo figures.

Last edited by a moderator:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

Mariotehplumber's latest video on why his persona exists and what's going to happen to the amiibo figures.
Don't worry, buddy. He'll create another account and continues there. He's like weed, he always returns.
And for the time being we have Gligar13Vids, he makes some good points.

Soul.

Don't worry, buddy. He'll create another account and continues there. He's like weed, he always returns.
And for the time being we have Gligar13Vids, he makes some good points.
Gligar13Vids is funny in a sense that the likes to hate a game he really likes. That's pretty ironic.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It's likely that in the original Japanese script, the team is called something like 悪人 akunin, literally meaning "bad/evil person" or "villain".

As I referred in my previous post, the Dark-type is called Evil-type (あく aku). In kanji, it's written 悪. Isn't it familiar? (You could easily guess what 人 means by now... :p)

Quoting myself:
I was being facetious, I'm aware of the different names between the Japanese and English versions, but since the franchise in general is adamant about Pokémon never being evil (which makes for an interesting case with the name in Japanese), it made for an easy joke on the matter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom