• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

Even if a 3DS theme is on the Theme Shop (for Europe at the moment) they're still disconfirmed for Smash Bros. :troll: :troll: :troll:

If the 3DS was just as powerful as the Vita then maybe Ice Climbers would be in the game, but you know we need to move on from that.
They haven't had a game for almost 30 years. I'd rather have a handheld Smash in my opinion.
I don't know how would the ICs work in Smash 4 if they were in. They would have to be played differently instead of playing them like in past games (looking for the grab).

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Let us all take time and remeber the awesome DLC class we got in FE: Awakening!

The Dread Fighter, badass Mage Fighter that wielded axes!

...And the waifu lover class for all the :4robinf: and :4lucina: fans, BRIDE:

Truth be told, it was a decent class with lance, bow, and staff utility but I would rather if DF returned in FE "If".
Why was Dread Fighter a male only class? And why was the female only class Bride of all things?!
So stupid.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
They haven't had a game for almost 30 years. I'd rather have a handheld Smash in my opinion.
I don't know how would the ICs work in Smash 4 if they were in. They would have to be played differently instead of playing them like in past games (looking for the grab).
I disagree, if they couldn't make it right, they shouldn't have made it at all. Granted, at this point I like the 3DS version over Wii U, but that could have fixed.

Spirst

They could at least do grab>charge smash attack or something dumb like that.

I personally hated the Ice Climbers and never had fun versing them so I'm indifferent on their absence.

D

Deleted member

Let us all take time and remeber the awesome DLC class we got in FE: Awakening!

The Dread Fighter, badass Mage Fighter that wielded axes!

...And the waifu lover class for all the :4robinf: and :4lucina: fans, BRIDE:

Truth be told, it was a decent class with lance, bow, and staff utility but I would rather if DF returned in FE "If".
The Dread Fighter class suit gives some kind of Predator vibe. Well, the helmet, anyway.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

But seriously, both classes are fine to return. Maybe bride as a bonus class from a special misson. Especially since "Waifu simulator" will probably be returning. Dread fighter should though yes.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Why was Dread Fighter a male only class? And why was the female only class Bride of all things?!
So stupid.
Dread Fighters were originally only accessible by the male Villagers in Gaiden (FE2) on the NES. I guess they wanted to keep it that why. The only logical explanation I can give for the bride class was that IS thought Awakening was their last game and wanted to go "all out". And that's why Waifu Emblem: Shipping was born! :troll:

My top 3 playale classes I want to return in FE: If are
  • Soldier/Haliberdier
  • Rogue to replace Trickster
  • Summoners

Soul.

I disagree, if they couldn't make it right, they shouldn't have made it at all. Granted, at this point I like the 3DS version over Wii U, but that could have fixed.
Well, it's not that I hate the ICs, it's more of a hardware problem. Like, we have games like IronFall that push the 3DS' hardware to the limits; Smash 3DS apparently pushed the system to its limits and they couldn't put them in. If the 3DS had more space / power, they could have tried.
They could at least do grab>charge smash attack or something dumb like that.

I personally hated the Ice Climbers and never had fun versing them so I'm indifferent on their absence.
Or grab -> down throw -> Nana FAir or something. Yay, um, Brawl stuff.
I have no problems with them being out of the games.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, it's not that I hate the ICs, it's more of a hardware problem. Like, we have games like IronFall that push the 3DS' hardware to the limits; Smash 3DS apparently pushed the system to its limits and they couldn't put them in. If the 3DS had more space / power, they could have tried.
They could have at least changed them to function differently instead of outright removing them.
The reason they're gone is because they couldn't promote a game. Anybody who presented an issue to the hardware got changes to their gameplay, except for Ice Climbers.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Personally I really liked Ice Climbers. Ignoring chaingrabs and wobbling (where to be honest we've seen much worse), they brought a unique playstyle that I wish could have been possible in this iteration.

They could have at least changed them to function differently instead of outright removing them.
The reason they're gone is because they couldn't promote a game. Anybody who presented an issue to the hardware got changes to their gameplay, except for Ice Climbers.
What is this about "promoting a game"? So is that why we didn't get ROB in Smash 4?
Also, I like to remind you that transformations =/= having two characters out at the same time.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Personally I really liked Ice Climbers. Ignoring chaingrabs and wobbling (where to be honest we've seen much worse), they brought a unique playstyle that I wish could have been possible in this iteration.
Plus you could always SoPo! :popo:

D

Deleted member

What is this about "promoting a game"? So is that why we didn't get ROB in Smash 4?
Also, I like to remind you that transformations =/= having two characters out at the same time.
I'd assume that the 3DS could not handle loading a character mid-match, and that's what transformations are.

Soul.

How, though? I don't know in what other way could they function outside of Nana being able to do the same thing Popo does.
Oh, I thought it was about the 3DS. It's more about recency I guess.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'd assume that the 3DS could not handle loading a character mid-match, and that's what transformations are.
But that the thing. One could argue while transformations were a neat thing to have Ice Climbers two-in-one gimmick were a large part of their character (where transformations are more of side thing). Sure, they could get rid of it. But getting rid of that would also get rid of what made them unique in the first place.

ROB didn't strain the hardware. I was specifically referring to Olimar.
Nor did ROB promote a game.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Would that make a big nerf on the recovery department unless of course, they bring up a new Up+B move?
I say just keep the old one, but instead of your good ol' friend you have a Climbing Pickaxe!
Or the hammer, either work! :4popo:

D

Deleted member

But that the thing. One could argue while transformations were a neat thing to have Ice Climbers two-in-one gimmick were a large part of their character (where transformations are more of side thing). Sure, they could get rid of it. But getting rid of that would also get rid of what made them unique in the first place.

What about Mr. Game and Watch and Duck Hunt? Well, those two did get new re-releases in ther franchises so they are relevant I guess.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
If you wanna be specific, he promotes Brawl!
Because all these Subspace refrences are absolutely insane, especially when Sakurai swears that the SSE isn't Canon! :4pacman:
SSE is just as canon as the opening of Toy Story 3. :troll:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
They didn't have to remove their gimmick. They might have had to gimp it, sure, but not outright remove it. But they did anyway.
You're trying really hard to twist my words out of context.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
What about Mr. Game and Watch and Duck Hunt? Well, those two did get new re-releases in ther franchises so they are relevant I guess.
To be fair, we didn't know about Duck Hunt getting on the Virtual Console till much later after we saw the entire roster.

If you wanna be specific, he promotes Brawl!
Because all these Subspace refrences are absolutely insane, especially when Sakurai swears that the SSE isn't Canon! :4pacman:
I don't believe that counts.

They didn't have to remove their gimmick. They might have had to gimp it, sure, but not outright remove it. But they did anyway.
Technical limitations are a cruel mistress that way.
And even then, one could say that while Olimar did get on the 3DS, it's not like he doesn't have his fair share of problems.

You're trying really hard to twist my words out of context.
All right then, what context should I put it in?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom