• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But literally no one is forcing you to play video games, the whole point of free will and choice is so you can live your life and pick what you want to do with it. Also only like two posts were saying "lol smash 4 sucks", and that's entirely their opinion. Don't let others' opinions get the best of you, bro.

Also, don't beat yourself up over this, please and thank you. When someone is given information, they will usually request a source of this information so they know the person is legit.

Cheer up and do something you like, if need be. You shouldn't let other opinions beat you down, especially over something as trivial as a video game. If you feel like you're really majorly depressed and not just in one of those moods where you feel like the world's busting your balls, please see a therapist or someone who can help you get through your depression.

And now, to lighten the mood:
Free will is an illusion

Twewy

Smash Lord
It was very glorious, and has slowly become one of my favorite bits of the show.

Best episode is Rixty Minutes. Now where's my ****ing enchiladas.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
THE AURA never rests; because it's energy, an energy whose flames still grow stronger when another powers grow weaker, it's like the invincible energy.
The unbeatable! The untouchable! THE AURA!

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
It was very glorious, and has slowly become one of my favorite bits of the show.

Best episode is Rixty Minutes. Now where's my ****ing enchiladas.
I also enjoyed this deleted scene animatic from S1.

What's more, Roiland and Harmon apparently have plans to have one Rixty Minutes-style episode per season. So there will be more improvised television binging to come. 8)

Backwards Working Robbits, you say?
But does it pass the butter?

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
Why are we using exclamation marks! I thought we all used it because of emotions! (lolPokémonB/W) :troll;
questionmarkexclamationpointquestionmarkexclamationpointquestionmarkexclamationpointquestionmarkexclamationpointquestionmarkexclamationpointquestionmarkexclamationpointquestionmarkexclamationpointquestionmarkexclamationpointquestionmarkexclamationpoint

aeiou
aeiou
aeiou

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
questionmarkexclamationpointquestionmarkexclamationpointquestionmarkexclamationpointquestionmarkexclamationpointquestionmarkexclamationpointquestionmarkexclamationpointquestionmarkexclamationpointquestionmarkexclamationpointquestionmarkexclamationpoint

aeiou
aeiou
aeiou
Looks like we have a Busted Operating Robbit.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I'd never expected Dig Dig to sound this awesome when I've heard this as a child. I miss the days when Namco Museum would feel like an actual museum instead of being a mere video game collection like most versions post the Nintendo 64 port. Sure there's Namco Museum Remix, but it was more along the lines of "Pac n' Roll: Museum Edition with Remixed Minigames" instead of a true Namco Museum in my eyes.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Why are we using exclamation marks! I thought we all used it because of emotions! (lolPokémonB/W) :troll:
Beccause! Exclamation marks are good ways to raise emphasis by raising volume!

D

Deleted member

I'd never expected Dig Dig to sound this awesome when I've heard this as a child. I miss the days when Namco Museum would feel like an actual museum instead of being a mere video game collection like most versions post the Nintendo 64 port. Sure there's Namco Museum Remix, but it was more along the lines of "Pac n' Roll: Museum Edition with Remixed Minigames" instead of a true Namco Museum in my eyes.
I tried out Namco Museum 64. It wasn't that bad but it was okay at best. Could've even better but it's still good I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
At first, I was excited when I became a mod and before that, I was like, "What the hell did I agree to?", but now it feels like I'm just another user... Oh well, I guess I'm one of those people who don't feel power going over their heads.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
At first, I was excited when I became a mod and before that, I was like, "What the hell did I agree to?", but now it feels like I'm just another user... Oh well, I guess I'm one of those people who don't feel power going over their heads.
Tell me how does it feel in detail, because I want to be a mod someday :p

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It may become stressful in due time, depending on how crazy sites are. I know one place where there's a lot of psychos are that could make moderation stressful (even though some of em don't do much anymore) as an example of what to avoid. I hope you'll be okay here at least.
And I'm the resident gold Pit around here. Hotheaded sometimes, but not evil. *thinks*

EDIT: Oh, and as other advice: Never abuse your powers. As one that was a temporary mod elsewhere, I only done it out of anger due to members intentionally provoking me and such and ignoring (which I rarely believe in as is) was outta the question. There's other places where bias is related to abuse that you should also avoid (common on xat chats if the mods or owners have something against you). If you're just starting in staff, don't be afraid to ask questions about judgment. I wish I wasn't quite the hothead though. Then again, the place I was at was terrible overall.
I hope I could be of the help.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I tried out Namco Museum 64. It wasn't that bad but it was okay at best. Could've even better but it's still good I suppose.
It was pretty decent and one of my favorite N64 titles, but I've played more of the PlayStation titles that had a wider variety of games like Tower of Druaga, Samurai Ghost, Pac-Land, The Legend of Valkyrie, Metro-Cross, Dragon Spirit, Photon, and many more. There were a total of 6 volumes in which only 5 of them were localized to the West, my grandpa managed to buy these for himself and gave them to me as a gift. You actually felt like you were walking around an actual museum while leaning about the history of each game you can play depending on the volume. Did I forget to mention that the opening to the games, while very outdated by today's standards, looked so cool back in the day?

These days you would never see things like Pac-Man and Valkyrie fighting together or Gilgamesh finding a treasure chest that contained the yellow dot muncher. :laugh:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Would you say you are not really feeling it?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was the mod of a small group forum once.

They accidentally gave me admin powers

I had the ability to block the creators of the forum themselves

Mwahahahahahah!!!

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
It was pretty decent and one of my favorite N64 titles, but I've played more of the PlayStation titles that had a wider variety of games like Tower of Druaga, Samurai Ghost, Pac-Land, The Legend of Valkyrie, Metro-Cross, Dragon Spirit, Photon, and many more. There were a total of 6 volumes in which only 5 of them were localized to the West, my grandpa managed to buy these for himself and gave them to me as a gift. You actually felt like you were walking around an actual museum while leaning about the history of each game you can play depending on the volume. Did I forget to mention that the opening to the games, while very outdated by today's standards, looked so cool back in the day?

These days you would never see things like Pac-Man and Valkyrie fighting together or Gilgamesh finding a treasure chest that contained the yellow dot muncher. :laugh:
Did you ever play Castlevania 64 or Sin & Punishment? It's sad that games like these aren't as appreciated as they should be..

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
I realized that as much as I hate being in school, I hate being off of it more. Winter/Summer breaks usually end up with me stuck at home being bored with nothing to do along with me and my parents arguing a lot. At least at school I'm away from them and my house for a few hours and if I ever get invited to a family function I could say "I have a lot of homework".

I really need to get a job.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well I certainly missed a lot.

Namco Museum? Ah man, I used to love that. Part of the reason why I like Pac-Man so much.

I think I saw someone mention Gatchaman Crowds too, I just found out about that and was thinking about watching it, actually.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I am almost officially over my cold! Just gotta wait for the coughing to end and for the feeling of eh to go away and Im back to 100%!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Tell me how does it feel in detail, because I want to be a mod someday :p
For me, it was like eating an omelet. You take a bite out of it and its gooey, eggy goodness overflows your taste buds. Then you finish it and that's that. Everything's back to normal except your tummy's full. :p

It may become stressful in due time, depending on how crazy sites are. I know one place where there's a lot of psychos are that could make moderation stressful (even though some of em don't do much anymore) as an example of what to avoid. I hope you'll be okay here at least.
And I'm the resident gold Pit around here. Hotheaded sometimes, but not evil. *thinks*
Yeah, the LinusTechTips forums once went insane in the off-topic thread and usually, there are heated discussions as people argue about Intel, AMD, and Nvidia parts. I remember the BF3 forums getting so bad that I think EA just deleted it and made a new one. The DMC forums were all right when I was there, people who didn't like DmC just stayed away and talked about DMC and vice versa. Some people did discuss it civilly and that's fine.

Considering SSB4 Falco's current situation, I doubt there's going to be a lot going on until something wild happens like let's say some Falco player wins the entire SSB4 tournament at Apex, but I doubt that since it's early and people don't know everything about everyone. Heck, aren't they still discovering things in Melee, Super Mario 64, and more?

Since SSB4 was released and people played Falco, people just dropped him except for a couple of dedicated players. Meta Knight players dropped him because he wasn't OP anymore, but some stayed because he wasn't OP. Marth is more or less the same except numerically in the game's code. So, he's toned down compared to Melee and Brawl and can be played similarly except for things like short hop, double Fairs or using Dancing Blade to recover.

Falco essentially became this weird mishmash of Brawl Falco and Wolf which doesn't work well because Falco never had Wolf's aerial mobility and attacks that covered the ground and moved him. It's like if you took Dr. Mario and gave him Wario's moveset. Oh, Dr. Mario gains a better recovery and perhaps stronger moves, but Dr. Mario doesn't have that mobility Wario has and Dr. Mario's moves are fast while Wario's is slower, but that's fine because it works with Wario whereas it wouldn't work well with Dr. Mario. Can he be viable? Sure, but it's just weird.

Anyway, I bet that Meta Knight and Marth would have more activity, Hell, Marth, Ike, Lucina, and Robin are active in a sense that they can talk about Fire Emblem tactics, story, and such. What are you going to talk about with Falco? Not much since recent games were just remakes and there's not much to talk about. Seriously, what strategy do you have in Star Fox besides shoot, barrel roll, and win?

That being said, I'm not going to slack off since I do want to prove that Falco isn't trash and nor is anyone in this game for that matter.

I realized that as much as I hate being in school, I hate being off of it more. Winter/Summer breaks usually end up with me stuck at home being bored with nothing to do along with me and my parents arguing a lot. At least at school I'm away from them and my house for a few hours and if I ever get invited to a family function I could say "I have a lot of homework".

I really need to get a job.
You don't miss what you have until it's gone. School and work are things that take up time, makes you feel productive, and it's just something to do. When you have nothing to do, it's horrible. Trust me, I have nothing to do like everyday. I could find things to do, but I'm not obligated to do them, y'know? If you're obligated, then you're forced to and it's just something to pass time or feel like you're doing something with your life.

Find a job, find a hobby, do something. Hell, read serial numbers if you're that bored. Clean the house, do chores, etc.

Last edited:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I wish tournament mode was released already, would be nice.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL

The thing JWittz isn't allowed to talk about with Majora's Mask 3D is the fishing.

Is fishing in the Zelda games REALLY that big of a feature?

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
I wish tournament mode was released already, would be nice.
Probably won't be at least until after :mewtwomelee:. Forever I know. Would you want it more like Brawl or Melee? It would be hard if they want it better than Brawls. It was way more full fledged than Melee's

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
LOL

The thing JWittz isn't allowed to talk about with Majora's Mask 3D is the fishing.

Seriously? What so special about it? Is it going to be like in Dark Cloud where you could unlock weapons and stuff? Ooooh, new heart pieces placements... So much spoilers... :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Seriously? What so special about it? Is it going to be like in Dark Cloud where you could unlock weapons and stuff? Ooooh, new heart pieces placements... So much spoilers... :laugh:
The only thing I know about it is there isn't just 1 fishing hole, there is 2 now

I don't think Majora's Mask even had 1

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
LOL

Something is fishy about him not being allowed to talk about fishing. I mean unless they changed it to fishing being more useful like Oot, Idg how talking about it is not allowed

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Probably won't be at least until after :mewtwomelee:. Forever I know. Would you want it more like Brawl or Melee? It would be hard if they want it better than Brawls. It was way more full fledged than Melee's
Id like it to be like a tournament! I just hope its rulesets that you can place does not include character banning incase the host(s) is a dingus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom