• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Id like it to be like a tournament! I just hope its rulesets that you can place does not include character banning incase the host(s) is a dingus.
Oh...wait what do you mean character banning? This isn't Wi-Fi, am I missing something?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The only thing I know about it is there isn't just 1 fishing hole, there is 2 now

I don't think Majora's Mask even had 1
Yes fishing is a new feature in the remake. Apparently Link can fish sometihng 'monstrous'

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Oh...wait what do you mean character banning? This isn't Wi-Fi, am I missing something?
Pretty sure the tournament mode is online, which if provided with enough customize options such as character banning it could create terrible tournies made by salty people.

Soul.

At first, I was excited when I became a mod and before that, I was like, "What the hell did I agree to?", but now it feels like I'm just another user... Oh well, I guess I'm one of those people who don't feel power going over their heads.
So....you don't have the power? To join the mod masters?
Eh. Modding stuff may be stressful, but you get what you get. It's like a reward. :p

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Yes fishing is a new feature in the remake. Apparently Link can fish sometihng 'monstrous'
Well... this is embarrassing. Even though Ive finished MM, I always assumed there was a fishing hole somewhere without ever visiting it..

Pretty sure the tournament mode is online, which if provided with enough customize options such as character banning it could create terrible tournies made by salty people.
If it is online, I would think that it would make normal Wi-Fi mode somewhat tedious. But yes there are sure to be salty people without a doubt!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Yeah, the LinusTechTips forums once went insane in the off-topic thread and usually, there are heated discussions as people argue about Intel, AMD, and Nvidia parts. I remember the BF3 forums getting so bad that I think EA just deleted it and made a new one. The DMC forums were all right when I was there, people who didn't like DmC just stayed away and talked about DMC and vice versa. Some people did discuss it civilly and that's fine.

Considering SSB4 Falco's current situation, I doubt there's going to be a lot going on until something wild happens like let's say some Falco player wins the entire SSB4 tournament at Apex, but I doubt that since it's early and people don't know everything about everyone. Heck, aren't they still discovering things in Melee, Super Mario 64, and more?

Since SSB4 was released and people played Falco, people just dropped him except for a couple of dedicated players. Meta Knight players dropped him because he wasn't OP anymore, but some stayed because he wasn't OP. Marth is more or less the same except numerically in the game's code. So, he's toned down compared to Melee and Brawl and can be played similarly except for things like short hop, double Fairs or using Dancing Blade to recover.

Falco essentially became this weird mishmash of Brawl Falco and Wolf which doesn't work well because Falco never had Wolf's aerial mobility and attacks that covered the ground and moved him. It's like if you took Dr. Mario and gave him Wario's moveset. Oh, Dr. Mario gains a better recovery and perhaps stronger moves, but Dr. Mario doesn't have that mobility Wario has and Dr. Mario's moves are fast while Wario's is slower, but that's fine because it works with Wario whereas it wouldn't work well with Dr. Mario. Can he be viable? Sure, but it's just weird.

Anyway, I bet that Meta Knight and Marth would have more activity, Hell, Marth, Ike, Lucina, and Robin are active in a sense that they can talk about Fire Emblem tactics, story, and such. What are you going to talk about with Falco? Not much since recent games were just remakes and there's not much to talk about. Seriously, what strategy do you have in Star Fox besides shoot, barrel roll, and win?

That being said, I'm not going to slack off since I do want to prove that Falco isn't trash and nor is anyone in this game for that matter.
Must be painful. Annoying individuals these days.

I know the thoughts of being uncommon, maining regular Pit and Palutena that is. The game is still young, yes.

Shameful indeed. I almost feel sorry for MK because of that. Shows the true colors of most ppl. I'm at least glad for nerfed Marth (Brawl Pit problems).

I couldn't think of anything.

I kinda feel sorry for Falco in that case that he's mainly abandoned because of the major nerfs. Only the must truly dedicated will stick to their characters no matter what. Let's hope for the best I suppose. D:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So....you don't have the power? To join the mod masters?
Eh. Modding stuff may be stressful, but you get what you get. It's like a reward. :p
I have power, but I choose not to abuse it:

Power is when we have every justification to kill, and we don't... That's what the Emperor said. A man steals something, he's brought in before the Emperor, he throws himself down on the ground. He begs for his life, he knows he's going to die. And the Emperor... pardons him. This worthless man, he lets him go.​

From Schindler's List.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
I'm at least glad for nerfed Marth (Brawl Pit problems).
Do you really like the new Marth? Iv'e come to the conclusion that he was at his best in Brawl, at least to me. I can't think of anything that was bad about him then

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Well... this is embarrassing. Even though Ive finished MM, I always assumed there was a fishing hole somewhere without ever visiting it..

If it is online, I would think that it would make normal Wi-Fi mode somewhat tedious. But yes there are sure to be salty people without a doubt!
I can honestly see it-
Browsing tournaments with open space and find that its got:
2-3 stocks
Items off
Non BS stages

but then see
Lucario banned

Can 100% guarantee that if character banning is an option it will happen.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I have power, but I choose not to abuse it:

Power is when we have every justification to kill, and we don't... That's what the Emperor said. A man steals something, he's brought in before the Emperor, he throws himself down on the ground. He begs for his life, he knows he's going to die. And the Emperor... pardons him. This worthless man, he lets him go.​

From Schindler's List.
You got the POWA!!!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Seriously? What so special about it? Is it going to be like in Dark Cloud where you could unlock weapons and stuff? Ooooh, new heart pieces placements... So much spoilers... :laugh:
You can't beat Majora unless you catch the legendary Master Fish. Haven't you played the original? :troll:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

I know the thoughts of being uncommon, maining regular Pit and Palutena that is. The game is still young, yes.

Shameful indeed. I almost feel sorry for MK because of that. Shows the true colors of most ppl. I'm at least glad for nerfed Marth (Brawl Pit problems).

I couldn't think of anything.

I kinda feel sorry for Falco in that case that he's mainly abandoned because of the major nerfs. Only the must truly dedicated will stick to their characters no matter what. Let's hope for the best I suppose. D:
Yeah, well, people play Diddy, Sheik, ZSS, Little Mac, etc. to win. I mean, just look at For Glory or Brawl with people using Ike and spamming his Smashes and Quickdraw. People are shameful at times.

Hell, people play as Marth because he was good and although it makes sense because Fire Emblem was a Japan-only series, some people just choose not to learn the history of Marth. So, if he sucks, they drop him and pick another top tier. Or some stay because they like his play style. Now, there are others who play him because they like him and/or they like FE.

This makes me feel sad about people who play as Diddy Kong because they loved Donkey Kong Country.

In a way, it kind of annoys me when people call Star Fox characters spacies. It's not that big of a deal, but it's sometimes feels like Fox and Falco are only known because of SSB. Wolf was called a clone because he's a wolf and wolves are canines like foxes. There were journalists and reviewers saying he should have never been in SSB because he was just a clone despite having a different neutral moveset and altered Specials like in a way, Ike. Wolf has history with Star Fox as the rival of Fox starting in Star Fox 64, but technically in Star Fox 2 which is when he was conceptualized.

Anyway, I feel like Pit should be used more because he's feels like a beginner's character who introduces so many gameplay mechanics. He has a reflect move, a super armor move, multiple jumps, tippers, a meteor, a projectile, a Gentleman Jab, and doesn't feel specialized or like he has a learning curve like Meta Knight, Sheik, or Link. Pit has become my crutch character in SSB4 because Fox's voice is annoying to me and I don't really know how to use Fox well in like against CPUs where you can spam Up Smash and Fox feels more like Melee Fox with his fall speed; Brawl Fox felt a bit floatier.

You got the POWA!!!
Hell yeah I do! But it's for justice only. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It was pretty decent and one of my favorite N64 titles, but I've played more of the PlayStation titles that had a wider variety of games like Tower of Druaga, Samurai Ghost, Pac-Land, The Legend of Valkyrie, Metro-Cross, Dragon Spirit, Photon, and many more. There were a total of 6 volumes in which only 5 of them were localized to the West, my grandpa managed to buy these for himself and gave them to me as a gift. You actually felt like you were walking around an actual museum while leaning about the history of each game you can play depending on the volume. Did I forget to mention that the opening to the games, while very outdated by today's standards, looked so cool back in the day?

These days you would never see things like Pac-Man and Valkyrie fighting together or Gilgamesh finding a treasure chest that contained the yellow dot muncher. :laugh:
Oh, nice. I never played the PlayStation Namco Museum games. I did play a lot of Pole Position on the N64, however. Pretty much the only title I associate with Museum 64. Cutscenes should be like that, again. Good ol' 90s stuff. It's just that they bring a sense of nostalgia compared to modern things.

Anyways, I just finished playing a couple of AR Games minutes ago and it wasn't the normal way you would expect-- rather than using the cards themselves, I just used my iPod touch's screen, upped its brightness, and there you go, it works just as well like the cards. Then again, such functionality (of using screens showing images of AR Cards via .pdf on Nintendo's site) has been there for long while now, so it's nothing new. :p

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Why are we using exclamation marks! I thought we all used it because of emotions! (lolPokémonB/W) :troll:
because the ! in hey gorgeous is just so cute :)

here's comparison between the default font and the hey gorgeous font:

Screenshot from 2015-01-16 02:34:28.png
Screenshot from 2015-01-16 02:35:23.png

We can clearly see that exclamations marks is working efficiently to be brutal and gorgeous!!!

let's punctuate our sentences!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
I can honestly see it-
Browsing tournaments with open space and find that its got:
2-3 stocks
Items off
Non BS stages

but then see
Lucario banned

Can 100% guarantee that if character banning is an option it will happen.
We'll see if the people responsible making tourney will overlook banning as an option. Actually I'm sure they would be unaware to see banning as an option. I mean it wouldn't be fair to ban any character..right? And why specifically :lucario:?

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
We'll see if the people responsible making tourney will overlook banning as an option. Actually I'm sure they would be unaware to see banning as an option. I mean it wouldn't be fair to ban any character..right? And why specifically :lucario:?
Because its the cool thing to hate lucario again because someone got their jimmies rustled.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Do you really like the new Marth? Iv'e come to the conclusion that he was at his best in Brawl, at least to me. I can't think of anything that was bad about him then
I'm generally anti top tier, so seeing him nerfed from Brawl was one of the blessings to me. Same with MK and Falco being nerfed. Sadly, Diddy's still cheap... to me that is, and I'd be blessed if he was banned since I recall there not being any more balance patches.

Yeah, well, people play Diddy, Sheik, ZSS, Little Mac, etc. to win. I mean, just look at For Glory or Brawl with people using Ike and spamming his Smashes and Quickdraw. People are shameful at times.

Hell, people play as Marth because he was good and although it makes sense because Fire Emblem was a Japan-only series, some people just choose not to learn the history of Marth. So, if he sucks, they drop him and pick another top tier. Or some stay because they like his play style. Now, there are others who play him because they like him and/or they like FE.

This makes me feel sad about people who play as Diddy Kong because they loved Donkey Kong Country.

In a way, it kind of annoys me when people call Star Fox characters spacies. It's not that big of a deal, but it's sometimes feels like Fox and Falco are only known because of SSB. Wolf was called a clone because he's a wolf and wolves are canines like foxes. There were journalists and reviewers saying he should have never been in SSB because he was just a clone despite having a different neutral moveset and altered Specials like in a way, Ike. Wolf has history with Star Fox as the rival of Fox starting in Star Fox 64, but technically in Star Fox 2 which is when he was conceptualized.

Anyway, I feel like Pit should be used more because he's feels like a beginner's character who introduces so many gameplay mechanics. He has a reflect move, a super armor move, multiple jumps, tippers, a meteor, a projectile, a Gentleman Jab, and doesn't feel specialized or like he has a learning curve like Meta Knight, Sheik, or Link. Pit has become my crutch character in SSB4 because Fox's voice is annoying to me and I don't really know how to use Fox well in like against CPUs where you can spam Up Smash and Fox feels more like Melee Fox with his fall speed; Brawl Fox felt a bit floatier.

Oh, I know this all too well. Diddy still cheap, me hating Sheik, ZSS is questionable, and don't like Mac. I know all about the shameful individuals.

I definitely know about the shame of selling out to top tiers. While I haven't done it before, it reminds me that I quit having a secondary MK because of it. For my story, I liked MK in the Kirby show, but for him to be cheap in Brawl just turns me off.

It is kinda true that I did grow up with the DKC series, the first one being my first SNES game of all. It does suck for Diddy to be cheap though... even though I strongly prefer DK himself, yet I can't use him right.

I also know this feeling. It's like how I hate "blind" Falcon worshippers because they like him for those stupid trashy memes and treat the guy like a god which is not only not funny, but it's lame. They been doing this for over 8 years or since Melee, it's old, it's tiresome, and stupid overall. As another example, other excessive memes that are stupid, etc. I don't know much bout Star Fox, so I can't say much in this aspect.

Pit is quite the versatile character though I like his Brawl self better only because of his improved versatility. His arrows being nerfed makes me think he isn't a true archer like he's supposed to be. I can't give up on him because I love the character, and he's been my Brawl main since the beginning. While Palutena's my #1, I can't quit Pit like I said. That's the kinda bond I love having and seeing. So because of this, it also hurts me to see the selling out routine. But what do I know?

:4palutena::4pit: always by my side, at least I hope so.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
I think pit in brawl was way less of a beginner character. He's was just stronger in brawl, especially his fsmash. Oh and personally, they should have kept his wings of Icarus. It was fun!

New fox's is only annoying because his voice was from Star Fox 64 and his voice is way to calm to be used for fighting. Unlike Assault/Brawl voice where he had a calm voice but also good for fighting. And fox was floatier in brawl. Characters fell more slowly in brawl

Last edited:

Soul.

I hate the playstyle of these noobs in FG. Learn how to play a character for once instead of rolling to the edge spamming the same attack. Ugh.
inb4 another pointless penalty.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I hate the playstyle of these noobs in FG. Learn how to play a character for once instead of rolling to the edge spamming the same attack. Ugh.
inb4 another pointless penalty.
I bet you will get a penalty for targeting a player....in 1v1!

Soul.

I bet you will get a penalty for targeting a player....in 1v1!
I get a penalty because this game is clearly defending the noobs who don't know how to play a character.
Ike? Side B, forward smash and up smash! Mario? Cape! Bowser? Down air / Down B!
Ugh again.

Soul.

This I am familiar with, play any mario player ever as lucario and they will be swinging that cape as if it powers their heart.
That's because they are noobs and they don't know how to play Mario. He has other things to do than wasting time using Cape.
Yes, the salt is real. Of course there must be salt if you're tired of noobs.

Last edited:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
That's because they are noobs and they don't know how to play Mario. He has other things to do than wasting time using Cape.
Yes, the salt is real. Of course there must be salt if you're tired of noobs.
A Dr.Mario is possibly worse, what with that zero frame reflect on that damn cape. Seriously Dr.Mario's cape reflects projectiles/force palm before anything even happens! And thus capes 24/7

D

Deleted member

A Dr.Mario is possibly worse, what with that zero frame reflect on that damn cape. Seriously Dr.Mario's cape reflects projectiles/force palm before anything even happens! And thus capes 24/7
...You can reflect Force Palm?

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
...You can reflect Force Palm?
Yes and its dumb. It also technically does not reflect but reflects anyway which you can see with palutena.
Force palm will hit the reflector but still count as being owned by lucario and the reflect user so it wont physically reflect and if it can it will damage both lucario and the reflector player and since it initiates from lucario's paw he has no way to avoid a reflected force palm.

Force palm can also be pocketed by villager as well.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I really hope shulk is not top tier, I don't want noobs to start playing him online, he already reduce to a meme, wish people will see him as a character for once and not some dumb joke for a quick laugh.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Not possible. Not helpful. Not funny.
Try again.
Step 1: Get a job
Step 2: Make the moneys
Step 3: Go to the stores
Step 5: Buy the pro controllers
Step 6: ???
Step 7: No more whining about rectangles.
???: 6 Steps
Step 10: What was the problem in the first place?

Am I doing it right? :4duckhunt:

D

Deleted member

I get a penalty because this game is clearly defending the noobs who don't know how to play a character.
Ike? Side B, forward smash and up smash! Mario? Cape! Bowser? Down air / Down B!
Ugh again.
That basically means they have nothing else to do IRL. For Glory isn't even practice, it's just a bunch of noobs (as you call them, and so do I) trolling you. Can't do anything about it. I don't know what would they do in something like Apex. :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have NO idea how I'm going to read 4 chapters for next week's psych assignment when reading 2 chapters in this weeks has taken all week

Soul.

That basically means they have nothing else to do IRL. For Glory isn't even practice, it's just a bunch of noobs (as you call them, and so do I) trolling you. Can't do anything about it. I don't know what would they do in something like Apex. :troll:
I can do something actually. And that is make them read on these boards "how to play a character" in their respective sub-forum. Even though that is pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom