• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Was that all? I wasn't a good person at all? I-I'm hurt... It was only Daffy Duck?! What if I chose a different avatar? *cries in a corner* :sadeyes:
So Duck Season confirmed? :troll:

Don't worry, I've always liked Daffy over Bugs :awesome:

Last edited:

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
Congrats on the mod upgrade @ Ffamran Ffamran

I'd probably drive myself mad moderating. The Mega Man board or a Metal board (Doesn't exist) I would find interesting to mod, but that's a given. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Is being a mod a stressful thing? How do you retire from being a mod?
Honestly, I don't know, but it depends. The Falco section is more or less barren and usually, the people there are chill, respectful, and stable unlike some people. <_< >_>

So, I'm going to assume which will make an *** out of you and me, that this place would be more hectic to deal with which is why there's multiple mods assigned to the General Discussion thread whereas character threads are sometimes less hectic and in some cases, there might not be anything to deal with. Why? Well, some people are busy figuring out stuff for their main, so why should they be bothered to post every little detail for their training? If that happened, then it'd be annoying.

People do take things seriously even if others don't understand it. Some people take say, Mega Man seriously. Why? Well, for speedrunning, people do it for one of 3 main things: bragging rights, fame, or charity. Personally, if I did speedruns, I would do it for charity and screwing up or whatever would feel like I let others down. I mean, sure, game shows like Chopped are dramatic, but people do take those seriously, especially if whatever they're doing it for means a lot to them.

Anyway, I guess because of me being vocal about Falco, going from a nobody who just played SSB for fun and learning more about competitive things and partaking in discussions despite not knowing, but attempting to learn, I guess I got picked to moderate Falco for SSB4.

... If Falco ends up skyrocketing... I'm sure it's going to be more insane... Or not. Ya never know.

As I type this and refresh the page, I have 25 alerts! IS IT SUCH A BIG DEAL! :p

Granted, we sort of do need more mods for other characters and sections and Smashboards is community driven anyway. I was never a mod or even considered in any of the other forums I've been in. Then again, DMC is focused on DMC and it's less than SSB and its giant database on several games and characters. LinusTechTips would need more tech-savvy people, and the Battlefield forums are well... hopeless. :p

Thanks everyone. I'm going to be reading up on mod-stuff, so I won't be able to respond to everything. But. Here's the big but! I will like everything or most of everything. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I dunno, being a mod could be stressful. But that's a reward.
Locking, posting, infracting, reminding people do not do stuff that could make them have an infraction.
Pretty much. Moderating a site can be stressful yet fun at the same time. :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
@ Ffamran Ffamran is a mod? I guess SWF is eager to christen 2015 with a monumental gaffe.

:4pacman:

Just kidding. I observe that you like many of my posts, so I am in love with you and you are my friend. 83

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Honestly, I don't know, but it depends. The Falco section is more or less barren and usually, the people there are chill, respectful, and stable unlike some people. <_< >_>

So, I'm going to assume which will make an *** out of you and me, that this place would be more hectic to deal with which is why there's multiple mods assigned to the General Discussion thread whereas character threads are sometimes less hectic and in some cases, there might not be anything to deal with. Why? Well, some people are busy figuring out stuff for their main, so why should they be bothered to post every little detail for their training? If that happened, then it'd be annoying.

People do take things seriously even if others don't understand it. Some people take say, Mega Man seriously. Why? Well, for speedrunning, people do it for one of 3 main things: bragging rights, fame, or charity. Personally, if I did speedruns, I would do it for charity and screwing up or whatever would feel like I let others down. I mean, sure, game shows like Chopped are dramatic, but people do take those seriously, especially if whatever they're doing it for means a lot to them.

Anyway, I guess because of me being vocal about Falco, going from a nobody who just played SSB for fun and learning more about competitive things and partaking in discussions despite not knowing, but attempting to learn, I guess I got picked to moderate Falco for SSB4.

... If Falco ends up skyrocketing... I'm sure it's going to be more insane... Or not. Ya never know.

As I type this and refresh the page, I have 25 alerts! IS IT SUCH A BIG DEAL! :p

Granted, we sort of do need more mods for other characters and sections and Smashboards is community driven anyway. I was never a mod or even considered in any of the other forums I've been in. Then again, DMC is focused on DMC and it's less than SSB and its giant database on several games and characters. LinusTechTips would need more tech-savvy people, and the Battlefield forums are well... hopeless. :p

Thanks everyone. I'm going to be reading up on mod-stuff, so I won't be able to respond to everything. But. Here's the big but! I will like everything or most of everything. :p
Well think of it this way. At least you're being spared the task of moderating here.
Because Lord knows this is the place where sanity is laid to rest.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
As long as you behave and don't do stupid **** then nobody's gonna have a problem. :p

Was that all? I wasn't a good person at all? I-I'm hurt... It was only Daffy Duck?! What if I chose a different avatar? *cries in a corner* :sadeyes:

Sure as hell ain't. Like Rocket Raccoon always says, "Ain't no thing like me, except me." :p
Well that was sudden.
Personally, I preferred DA AIR Moustache-Snivy Ffamran, but I guess MoDaffy Ffamran is good too.
Waitaminute...
This means we have another F-MOD!
YES!
You did it Ffamran, you saved da woild!
*Celebrates*
(I love this song, it's catchy!)

I don't see any Watermelon or Drawcia's Soul boards here, so the only place where I would have power would be over anywhere that talks about Rainbow Road (A.K.A. Nowhere)

By the way, @ Cap'nChreest Cap'nChreest , what are the animes from your current and previous sigs? :p
I'm Pretty sure SAO and Little Busters are two of them...

Oh hai @ elusiveTranscendent elusiveTranscendent .

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So @ Ffamran Ffamran 's got a mod promotion today?

At least something good happened here after writing this emotional chapter. Now these impatient fans better be happy that it's coming tomorrow morning since I hate that hedgehog whiners that expect a new chapter off the fly.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So @Flamran's got a mod promotion today?

At least something good happened here after writing this emotional chapter. Now these impatient fans better be happy that it's coming tomorrow morning since I hate that hedgehog whiners that expect a new chapter off the fly.
@shrooby got one too.

Soul.

The Pikachu boards are kinda desolate lol. Although if you're a mod in some sub-forum you can do the same thing in other forums/threads. A.K.A: Posting, reminding everyone to not do this, sticky useful threads, infract, etc.
Congrats though. You deserve it.
And this is why I think you will be a good mod

Oh don't get me to be a mod then. You all would hate me
Nobody here hates you.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Lolno. Only this and the last one. :p
Little Busters EX. The one after regular Little Busters. kinda like an OVA.

and the other one was from
Sword Art Online

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My favorite Digimon is Yanmamon, as it just screams Copyright.
Yanmamon came first, actually.

That being said, "yanma" means "large dragonfly" in Japanese, which what both Yanma (or Yanyanma in Japan) and Yanmamon get their names from.

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yanmamon came first, actually.

That being said, "yanma" means "large dragonfly" in Japanese, which what both Yanma (or Yanyanma in Japan) and Yanmamon are named after.
You mean all this time Pokemon ripped off Digimon?
I've been lied to all this time?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Little Busters EX. The one after regular Little Busters. kinda like an OVA.

and the other one was from
Sword Art Online

The first one is sitting on my hard disk (whoops), and the we do not talk about the other one. :laugh:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I vote for asking @ Ffamran Ffamran to upgrade his Daffy Duck avi to Duck Dodgers
Duck Dodger's of the twenty-fourth and one half centuuurrrrryyyyyyyy!

Protecting the powerless and the weak.

Duck Dodgers, he's fighting tyrannyyyyyyyy!

In the twenty-fourth and one half centuuuurrrrrrrryyyyyy!

Last edited:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Its an honor to have a stressful time consuming job? Who knew. Maybe being a vet is good for me then
I think it's an honor.

Is there something about me that makes people want to say the exact opposite, counter, or disagree with everything I say?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom