• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Fifth-Wave Amiibo Wishlist:

-Waluigi
-Metapod
-Duke Nukem
-Koji Kondo
-Color-TV Game 15

I suppose Nintendo is adopting a Best For Last approach to their Amiibo marketing strategy. But I can wait.:shades:
Actually, we have a chance of getting a Waluigi amiibo, because Mario Party 10.

And Matthew of BiTF will be proud.

And the new amiibos have more sensible poses than the Smash ones. :p

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Man, I forgot how hard it is to catch a Legendary Pokemon. Primal Kyogre doesn't **** around.

So someone remind me why they give Xerneas/Yveltal a high capture rate...
Because story-wise they want you to capture them while Kyogre and Groudon don't...or maybe I remembered the latter incorrectly.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Fifth-Wave Amiibo Wishlist:

-Waluigi
-Metapod
-Duke Nukem
-Koji Kondo
-Color-TV Game 15

I suppose Nintendo is adopting a Best For Last approach to their Amiibo marketing strategy. But I can wait.:shades:
And those Amiibos will be exclusive to the center of the earth.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Not sure what you're talking about. It fits in all of my pockets quite nicely.

Still easier to carry around then the Game Gear was and I didn't even have a problem with that.

People whine too much.
Tell me about it.

There's a reason modern pants have zippers on the crotch, people. It's your heavy-duty pocket, not some musical instrument for you to diddle with all day.

Millennials, amirite?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It technically fits in my back pockets, but it's in a way that if I want to sit down I have to take it out in order to do so

It doesn't fit in any long sleeve shirt pockets I have, which the regular one does

It DOESN'T fit when I have my phone and wallet on me though, since they are in either pocket
I just put my wallet, keys, pens and other stuff in my left pocket and keep my XL in the right. That or put it in a jacket pocket or the hidden sleeve in one of my leather jackets.

Unless I have a backpack or some sort of suitcase or anything else with me at the time, then I keep it in there.

I always make sure I have multiple options.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm sorry if this has already been brought up before, but anyone else noticed Marth speaks English in Code Name: S.T.E.A.M?

Not gonna complain about the awkward transition, but does anyone know the VA or can make out who the VA is?
Robin and Lucina are, once again, voiced by David Vincent and Laura Bailey, unless they have been replaced and the new guys sound almost identical, which happened with Palutena in Smash.

Some people here have been speculating Marth to be voiced by Yuri Lowenthal. I don't know many of his roles, but he did voice Ricken in Fire Emblem: Awakening and Marth does sound similar to him.

As for Ike, he seems to have a different VA from his games and Smash. It's definitely not Jason Adkins. He kinda sounded similar to Chrom when I saw the Direct so I thought he could be voiced by Matthew Mercer, but now that hear him with cleaner sound, I'm not sure if that's Mercer's voice.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
YES!!!!!

Exclude the looser part of the video

(Ps funny fact Day is the same day as the 50 facts direct and the time for a special announcement appears.

James and hammond = people who knew mewtwo fail to be playable

Jeremy = people who knew mewtwo would be back.

D

Deleted member

I'm willing to bet that I wasn't a target for pranking because the last time I was pranked, I didn't really do anything "fun" like what others do.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just put my wallet, keys, pens and other stuff in my left pocket and keep my XL in the right. That or put it in a jacket pocket or the hidden sleeve in one of my leather jackets.

Unless I have a backpack or some sort of suitcase or anything else with me at the time, then I keep it in there.

I always make sure I have multiple options.
You must have larger pockets than me, because I could never fit all those things in 1 pocket

Right now I have my phone in one, my wallet in another and my keys in my shirt pocket

R0Y

Smash Master
Tell me about it.

There's a reason modern pants have zippers on the crotch, people. It's your heavy-duty pocket, not some musical instrument for you to diddle with all day.

Millennials, amirite?
Oh god...having flashbacks of being told my fly is open. I forget :(

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You must have larger pockets than me, because I could never fit all those things in 1 pocket

Right now I have my phone in one, my wallet in another and my keys in my shirt pocket
Nah, I've just always been good at squeezing big things into small holes in all. Even if it's many at once.

I do have some that have deeper holes to fill in, though.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Robin and Lucina are, once again, voiced by David Vincent and Laura Bailey, unless they have been replaced and the new guys sound almost identical, which happened with Palutena in Smash.

Some people here have been speculating Marth to be voiced by Yuri Lowenthal. I don't know many of his roles, but he did voice Ricken in Fire Emblem: Awakening and Marth does sound similar to him.

As for Ike, he seems to have a different VA from his games and Smash. It's definitely not Jason Adkins. He kinda sounded similar to Chrom when I saw the Direct so I thought he could be voiced by Matthew Mercer, but now that hear him with cleaner sound, I'm not sure if that's Mercer's voice.
The funny thing about Matthew Mercer is that he can sound like Troy Baker and I believe Baker can sound like Mercer as well. It's the reason for Mercer voicing Kanji in the Persona 4 anime when Baker was busy and couldn't continue voicing Kanji.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The funny thing about Matthew Mercer is that he can sound like Troy Baker and I believe Baker can sound like Mercer as well. It's the reason for Mercer voicing Kanji in the Persona 4 anime when Baker was busy and couldn't continue voicing Kanji.
Kind of like how Palutena in Smash was voiced by Brandy Kopp, but she sounds almost identically to Ali Hillis.

@ Croph Croph Perhaps, you could try contact with some VAs via Twitter or something. I mean, I think there's no reason they would hide this information, as we just heard the characters' voices.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I remember I wasted my master ball in Victory Road, so it took me 20+ turns to catch Rayquaza ;;
Thank jebus for timer balls
Rayquaza.
I still remember a problem I had in pokemon platinum one time...
On one of the routes, there is an island, with a guy who wants a Lumineon in exchange for something else.
I decided to ride over there and trade him my lumineon.
Problem.
My Lumineon is what I had used to surf over there.
And I had already saved.
So I had to teach my level 83 Rayquaza either Surf or Fly.
I'm not sure how it happened, but for some reason I taught it both Surf and Fly.
At first I regretted it, but then one day, I tested something out.... And it worked
How to beat Sinnoh's Elite Four:
FLY. FLY. FLY. FLY. FLY. SURFSURFSURFSURFSURFSURFSURFSURFSURFSURFSURFSURFSURFSURFSURF
CHAMPION.
SURFLYSURFFLYFLYSURF
WIN.
I would sometimes bring in JUST Raquaza and a level 1 pokemon, and watch them level up.]
I don't even remember how many Hall of Fame entries I have in Platinum...

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

Yeah, Robin and Lucina sound like they have their original VAs (unless there's a chance they got replace with VAs who sound very similar, but still). Ike sounds different as well, not sure about him too.

The only reason why I'm curious is because of Marth. I know some people love the idea of Yuri Lowenthal voicing him, and if he has that VA in future games, I personally wouldn't mind (like maybe the next Smash game? Pretty please!? :sadeyes: but I'm mostly fine with anyone in the end).

@ Croph Croph Perhaps, you could try contact with some VAs via Twitter or something. I mean, I think there's no reason they would hide this information, as we just heard the characters' voices.
Good idea, I'll see if I can.

D

Deleted member

God dammit. I'm stressing about my Shulk preorder and Ness is in the next wave. -__-

At least the X trailer was pretty solid. Looking forward to running around the world slaughtering harmless animals and not making progress again.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Kind of like how Palutena in Smash was voiced by Brandy Kopp, but she sounds almost identically to Ali Hillis.

Except that Ali's voice is a bit more distinctive to me compared to Troy and Matthew. Sure they sound similar, but there's always something that gives it away.

Anyway, I just watched the video and they sound dead inside. For all we know, those are the voices for the characters in the game, but the FE characters have unique quotes. Worse case scenario. Oh, and Marth sound like a kid; the voice is too high pitched.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Assuming Zelda U and Star Fox U get delayed, a good but not extremely busy year. If they don't get delayed though, it is a huge year, that's not even counting the new Fire Emblem maybe releasing in Japan this year.

D

Deleted member

Alright, midterms start tomorrow. I can do this. I CAN CHANGE THE FUTURE!

Dude, we all lost our souls to the Social Thread a long time ago.
We're technically not alive right now, we're all just empty husks being supported by the Social Thread.
Ohai Drawcia Soul.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Nah, I've just always been good squeezes big things into small holes in all. Even if it's many at once.

I do have some that have deeper holes to fill in, though.
Assuming Zelda U and Star Fox U get delayed, a good but not extremely busy year. If they don't get delayed though, it is a huge year, that's not even counting the new Fire Emblem maybe releasing in Japan this year.
Just waiting on any whispers on SMTXFE ;;

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I think they're saving the big stuff for the conventions and such. Hyping them like a month or three before release might be a better idea than hyping them like a year before release.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom