• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
My questions is, why are you watching someone that isnt funny?
I agree, his jokes are either hit-or-miss and only few of them are legitimate funny. We're mostly in it for the sake of seeing what flaws certain movies (whether they are good or bad) had and discuss what thing's could be improved to make it better. She did make a pretty good point that the Super Mario Bros. movie could have been better if it had original characters and didn't have the title "Super Mario Bros." slapped on it (Though it was understandable given what time period this was and it's one of the first video game based films). The Tom and Jerry movie would have been much better if the Robyn subplot didn't exist, the characters never said a word, and we could see more slapstick from the duo themselves. And as for any Don Bluth related film, he flatout should have gave up directing films after the release of The Secret of Nymph given how terrible later films like A Troll in Central Park and Rock-a-Doodle were.

So overall, we were "playing critic" for hours while seeing how terrible these movies were in the shortest way possible. :laugh:

Soul.

It's more peaceful today. Lol, I even thought today was a Monday and nope, it isn't, it's just a Friday; it doesn't even feel like one to begin with, for me anyway.
Well then. I suppose this year is starting to be a very weird one.
Not to mention the slow pace.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Okay, what? That makes absolutely no sense. If they assume and know you you speak and understand the language, then they should speak that language. It'd be like going to England and having a person trying to speak like an American despite the fact that aside from slang, pronunciation, and such, British English is the same as American English. Or a mainland Chinese person speaking horrible Cantonese when Mandarin is fine in Hong Kong.

I've had that happen to me. Tons of foreign exchange students and such from Asia, right? Freaking everyone assumes I speak Mandarin Chinese. I can understand Cantonese, but I can't understand Mandarin. This only happened with a Chinese guy who was in a German class I tried out and swapped and a girl who was lost. Man, I can't wait for Koreans, Japanese, Thai, and every other Asian to come up and ask me in their own language. Oh, and I can't wait for that one day some dude who wants to practice walk up and try to start a conversation with me in Khmer.

See, this is why I want to learn Jamaican Patois or something like a Scottish accent to mess with people. Someone walks up speaking in Korean and I say in Portuguese I have no idea what you're saying. :p

Your friend doesn't happen to be named Johnny and has a goatee?
Most people in Japan assumes that foreigners are unable to speak Japanese. When you do, it's either:

A) a shocked expression followed by a "Come again?" (In Japanese of course)

B) a surprised reaction like "Oh wow your Japanese is so good!"

I've been living in Japan for 5 years now but first came here 10-11 years ago. I still get asked these questions/comments:

A) Can you eat Japanese o-sushi? O-sushi is Japabese raw fish on Japanese vinegar steam white rice. Do you know? (In English)

B) Can you use Japanese hashi? (Chopsticks) (in English)

C) Oh wow, your Japanese is so good! (After hearing me say "Arigatou gozaimasu" or thank you in Japanese) (in Japanese)

D) Do you have Japanese O-shougatsu (New Years) in America?

E) Are you Christian? Every American is Christian, right?

I get these types of questions/comments on a regular basis. Even from people who have known me for years. That's the curse of being a foreigner in Japan. You get the celebrity status (depending where in Japan you live) but you aren't treated as part of the club. Meaning, no matter how good your Japanese is, how much kanji you know, how much about Japanese culture you know, or how you've mastered every dialect; you will still be seen as a foreigner and treated the same.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
so... if I get on Safari then it goes away... but chrome is being pooped on...

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Went on a nostalgia trip and watched Foster's Home again. Needless to say, I am now Bowling Paul.

D

Deleted member

*Reads Amazing Spider-Man #12*

View attachment 35209

Here we can see a sentient Spider-Mobile being driven by Ultimate Spider-Man II and Disney XD Ultimate Spider-Man whith 60's Spider-Man and Mini Marvels Spider-Man holding from it also with a Jacketed Spider-Man holding from a web attached to it and besides there's a Cowboy Spider-Man with a Spider-Horse.

Do I have your attention now?
Does not include Italian Spiderman. 0/10

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Most people in Japan assumes that foreigners are unable to speak Japanese. When you do, it's either:

A) a shocked expression followed by a "Come again?" (In Japanese of course)

B) a surprised reaction like "Oh wow your Japanese is so good!"

I've been living in Japan for 5 years now but first came here 10-11 years ago. I still get asked these questions/comments:

A) Can you eat Japanese o-sushi? O-sushi is Japabese raw fish on Japanese vinegar steam white rice. Do you know? (In English)

B) Can you use Japanese hashi? (Chopsticks) (in English)

C) Oh wow, your Japanese is so good! (After hearing me say "Arigatou gozaimasu" or thank you in Japanese) (in Japanese)

D) Do you have Japanese O-shougatsu (New Years) in America?

E) Are you Christian? Every American is Christian, right?

I get these types of questions/comments on a regular basis. Even from people who have known me for years.
This question isn't that surprising considering how Christianity had taken over 66% of the entire planet by storm (Which was something Interesting that I learned in Global History). It's just one of those religions that were easy to spread in the past and exploded in popularity until modern day times. Though I'm not implying that anyone can't feel free to choose their own path regardless of their home or background.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Just curious here (sorry for going of the topic)
But did anyone ever find out were this Render came from.

I mean don't get me wrong I love Ness's Smash 4 render as it is.
But this one has the bat and the blue tint eyes.
Just a question :3
I honestly have no idea but the first thing that comes to mind is Earthbound 64 for some reason

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Since I ordered Pizza today, I wonder what kinda pizza ppl like the most. Mine would be Domino's. *hides behind shield*
So today's a nice and cool Palutena Pizza day! :p

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Has anyone noticed any ads that automatically redirect you to another page? It seems that the only way I can view Smashboards effectively in Google Chrome is by using incognito mode.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It could very well be a virus.....
That, too. I know I had a similar thing a while back but I figured it out when I checked for Malware and reinstalled afar. @ Cap'nChreest Cap'nChreest , you may wanna check for that.

Well, that makes me want to visit Japan even less.

...I at least want to learn more Japanese first just to see the reactions in person.
You should defintely visit Japan. It's an amazing country. It's the Japanese people that made me fall in love with it in the first place.

D

Deleted member

Am I the only person using Google Chrome that isn't having this issue?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Since I ordered Pizza today, I wonder what kinda pizza ppl like the most. Mine would be Domino's. *hides behind shield*
So today's a nice and cool Palutena Pizza day! :p
That's funny, I also prefer Domino's too, but homemade pizza is good. I've had some experience with the Hut, and while it isn't bad, I haven't heard great things about it.. that's at least what some friends think.

Am I the only person using Google Chrome that isn't having this issue?
I'm using Chrome and that problem isn't occurring to me, so I'm good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom