• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Or National Geographic which is basically was a poor man's Playboy mag, but now, we have the internet. :p
I forgot about another good channel.

This one is the best of all 3. inb4 there's no point of TV channels anymore because the Internet exists. *laughs*

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I forgot about another good channel.

This one is the best of all 3. inb4 there's no point of TV channels anymore because the Internet exists. *laughs*
There's no point of TV channels anymore because Madoka Magica exists. *laughs*

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I'll go for popcorn. We all can agree in the last statement tho.
You wot? Oh I read the title as " Its popular so it is overrated"

Also I just found out Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love! started today along with Assassination Classroom.
Id rather watch Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love! then Sailor Moon Crystal

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
@ Blargg888 Blargg888 good game, but i have to head home.
You too.
Yknow, when it comes to KOs, I always find that the best KOs only happen in friend matches.
I'm not sure what compelled me to use Pac-Man's up B during that match, but it got me the win, so I'm not complaining.
Also, that Robin vs Fox. I love it when my controls don't respond, don't you? (Just that first SD, the rest was all fine.)
Overall, they were good matches. GG

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
It's a reality in Japan that many people would treat a non-Asian foreigner better than one who is Asian but not Japanese. There's a lot of animosity in that part of the world.
So even if they asked me and I said I was from America, they would treat me badly?

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
You too.
Yknow, when it comes to KOs, I always find that the best KOs only happen in friend matches.
I'm not sure what compelled me to use Pac-Man's up B during that match, but it got me the win, so I'm not complaining.
Also, that Robin vs Fox. I love it when my controls don't respond, don't you? (Just that first SD, the rest was all fine.)
Overall, they were good matches. GG
All I have to say is thanks for the matches. It'll help me out in the tourney tomorrow. (if I go) You're a solid player. :)

And trust me, what happened in that Robin vs. Fox happens to me constantly. That's what happened with Ness on my end that last one.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
You wot? Oh I read the title as " Its popular so it is overrated"

Also I just found out Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love! started today along with Assassination Classroom.
Id rather watch Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love! then Sailor Moon Crystal
Definition of the world "overrated" according to me:

"This game is repeatedly praised with absolutely no mention of its obvious flaws and poor design choices, therefore it's overrated. Since I believe in the equality of opinions, I think that this is my personal taste and that other people can think that the title is better or worse than what I see in it." - Trailer Drake 2014

D

Deleted member

There's no point of TV channels anymore because Madoka Magica exists. *laughs*
B.. but.. I have no DVD copies of that anime. :troll:
Seriously though, I'm not that much of an anime guy and TV is starting to get outdated thanks to platforms like Netflix and stuff.

R0Y

Smash Master
Most people in Japan assumes that foreigners are unable to speak Japanese. When you do, it's either:

A) a shocked expression followed by a "Come again?" (In Japanese of course)

B) a surprised reaction like "Oh wow your Japanese is so good!"

I've been living in Japan for 5 years now but first came here 10-11 years ago. I still get asked these questions/comments:

A) Can you eat Japanese o-sushi? O-sushi is Japabese raw fish on Japanese vinegar steam white rice. Do you know? (In English)

B) Can you use Japanese hashi? (Chopsticks) (in English)

C) Oh wow, your Japanese is so good! (After hearing me say "Arigatou gozaimasu" or thank you in Japanese) (in Japanese)

D) Do you have Japanese O-shougatsu (New Years) in America?

E) Are you Christian? Every American is Christian, right?

I get these types of questions/comments on a regular basis. Even from people who have known me for years. That's the curse of being a foreigner in Japan. You get the celebrity status (depending where in Japan you live) but you aren't treated as part of the club. Meaning, no matter how good your Japanese is, how much kanji you know, how much about Japanese culture you know, or how you've mastered every dialect; you will still be seen as a foreigner and treated the same.
I love these ones and they don't surprise me. There's a huge disconnect in Japan between xenophobes wanting to keep ethnic homogeneity and people more open to foreign workers and immigrants. Doesn't help the pro-global people that a whole lot of people in Japan seem to expect even educated, enthusiastic foreigners to speak ZERO Japanese. I don't plan to learn any, but hey, I don't plan to visit either.

D

Deleted member

B.. but.. I have no DVD copies of that anime. :troll:
It'll only cost you $90. Unless you want the Blu-Ray, and then it'll cost you $540. I'm dead serious. Five hundred and forty dollars. Even I wouldn't pay for that.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Text is here.
Oh Snap, I didn't know no one cared, thanks for telling me
also Imma save that picture
Definition of the world "overrated" according to me:

"This game is repeatedly praised with absolutely no mention of its obvious flaws and poor design choices, therefore it's overrated. Since I believe in the equality of opinions, I think that this is my personal taste and that other people can think that the title is better or worse than what I see in it." - Trailer Drake 2014
I like that title more then " Bravely Default is overrated" I think the problem is people put those in the title and makes it sound like fact

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Welp. I just spend a whole hour trying to figure out how to work eBay cards.

Turns out it only lets you add another card when the card you previously entered is completely out of money. Why.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Welp. I just spend a whole hour trying to figure out how to work eBay cards.

Turns out it only lets you add another card when the card you previously entered is completely out of money. Why.
I say spend the money ooon the first card on..this
Sorry if Im butting in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I say spend the money ooon the first card on..this
Sorry if Im butting in.
I looked at the price, and I thought...

...maybe. I still have around 180 bucks and I have no idea what to do with it. I probably will end up using the majority on useless crap. I had considered buying one of those voter cards from E3 at one point.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

It'll only cost you $90. Unless you want the Blu-Ray, and then it'll cost you $540. I'm dead serious. Five hundred and forty dollars. Even I wouldn't pay for that.
Nah thanks, I'd rather get an unused Club Nintendo reward on eBay, an old one, that is. :smirk:
If I were to get it, I'd rather go for the DVD version I guess, as it's cheaper, but then again I'm not that big on anime, so yeah.

D

Deleted member

Nah thanks, I'd rather get an unused Club Nintendo reward on eBay, an old one, that is. :smirk:
If I were to get it, I'd rather go for the DVD version I guess, as it's cheaper, but then again I'm not that big on anime, so yeah.
If you're not big on anime, don't bother. It's 5 hours of your life you will never get back. But hey, at least it's short

D

Deleted member

If you're not big on anime, don't bother. It's 5 hours of your life you will never get back. But hey, at least it's short
Even though I'm not that much into anime, I'd rather watch it over the horrid stuff being shown in TV these days. Maybe one day I'll pick up interest. Who knows? *laughs*

Soul.

So anime talk.
Uh. I don't know. Sonic X might as well be the best anime ever made. :troll:
inb4 no it's Rage Ball Z

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I looked at the price, and I thought...

...maybe. I still have around 180 bucks and I have no idea what to do with it. I probably will end up using the majority on useless crap. I had considered buying one of those voter cards from E3 at one point.
voter cards? Enlighten me, what are those?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom