• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'll probably have to take Pre Calc next year. Good thing that Quadratic Equations are the one thing I have not retained from Algebra...

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
For 1, you're better off making a thread about it.
For 2, Go to the Dedede boards

This thread is the last place you want to come to for advice.
I'm starting to wonder if like 80% of the people are morons... Every time I see certain questions like, "How do I get better at Captain Falcon?" and it's in the competitive or general sections... ARE PEOPLE FREAKING BLIND?! WTF? Do they know what "Character Discussion" means?! "Duh, how much does the i5 4670K cost?" I don't know, why not use Google, you dipstick! So many asinine questions!!!

Well, there's my rant of the day. :smash:

The teacher explained

It's a math equation I forgot, because I haven't taken math in 2 years

It's

x= (-B) + or - √B^2 -4AC
-------------------------------------- (over/ divided by)
2 A

T^2 is A
6T is B
13 is C

I just forgot about that equation because it's been 2 years
Glad I was of help. *insert forever alone image below*

oh that formula forgot about that but still I cant answer random math problems
Well mr SMART GUY.. thanks for making me look dumb lol
I don't remember the quadratic formula, but I know of its existence if that makes any sense. It's been... I didn't take math in my senior year, so... about 2 years too, but I'm going to be in calculus when the semester starts. :sadeyes:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Man, at least tell him to search for a thread. Nobody needed to make a thread to learn how to use a standard styled controller back in the day.
I'm dead sure there isn't a thread for that. We lock treads more than a few months old anyway.

I'm not asking for advice. If I did, I probably would've done these two things.
My bad. Well, good luck on transitioning from the Wiimote. I've been through that, and it almost feels like learning the game from scratch.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Whatched the episode 11 of Kill la Kill. All I can say is...
Also, Fernando is here with guns ! He came on the pleasure bike from Pleasure Island and brought his trusty Sniper Rifle (wat ?). And, with the passion of 1 thousand chimps, is going to snip' some heads.

It was a good episode.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I swear, my online experience is getting terrible. Today it took me 3 times to get to the CSS and the 2 of the 4 matches I played had commutation errors.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
ok, I completely understood what you said.

My problem is this: I have only learnt the French terms.

It's really hard to get what things is what in English so, it feels weird when I try to explain this in English, but in French, no problem.

but bascally, what I said. These things are proved with variables and not hard numbers so we can be sue it works for every numbers.
Hmm... I don't know how math and stuff was taught in French colonial Vietnam, but my dad doesn't understand how to explain stuff like this sometimes. That and he didn't do well in math and was more of a music and French guy.

Yeah, setting my phone to French for the sake of having something "French" is kind of weird at times since I'm not familiar with certain things in French. For one, in English, " " are used for quotes, but in French, it's something like << >>. I think I remember using the calculator app in French and it was strange at first. Also, I think language are being taught "incorrectly". It's more text-based than speech-based. Most of the time, you're learning grammar and vocabulary along with other principles of the language, but it's rare that you're being taught to speak. I never learned stuff like "Coller" for paste in French or "octet" for bytes which confused me since I saw "Mo" and didn't know what it meant aside that it was probably French for "Mb". Some of the times, we're learning words that aren't really used in common speech. Seriously, what's more important? Learning about "le roi du Burundi" or "le gouvernement de la France"? Oh yes, I know what "roi" means in French, but that does little in France and even though common sense should be natural, but there are people out there who might do stupid things in other countries - we call them tourists. :p

The sad part is that languages are still being taught in the same way as my dad was taught. He and his older brother are great at writing in French, but aren't good at speaking in comparison to my dad's other older brother who worked with French people and was great at speaking it because he had to speak it. That's like what? 50 years ago?

Funny how comedy makes arguments on society.

Strofirko

Smash Master
And these f**ers wants nintendo go full mobile,did you already thought if this was metroid instead of mega man.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
Do you work for a University too? During our breaks, it's pretty much the same case for me too. I just sit at my desk and derp around on the internet until it's time to clock out. My supervisors sit at their desks and watch Netflix/Youtube all day so it's hard to feel bad about being so lazy when the whole work place can hardly GAF until classes begin again.
I actually work at a Little Caesars. No one wants pizza today. Guess the cold is scaring people. :/

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Whatched the episode 11 of Kill la Kill. All I can say is...
Also, Fernando is here with guns ! He came on the pleasure bike from Pleasure Island and brought his trusty Sniper Rifle (wat ?). And, with the passion of 1 thousand chimps, is going to snip' some heads.

It was a good episode.
Don't worry. You'll be getting a biggest twist in a later episode.

Kill la Kill is a Tootsie Pop, Shaymalan Flavour.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I don't need calculus luckily. At least not now
I hate math, but with computer science as a fallback, it's a requirement. Well, at least "math" in computer science isn't like "math" in math. It's more or less a true or false situation in really basic programming. Yay... but I need 2 years of calculus... Boo...

D

Deleted member

And these f**ers wants nintendo go full mobile,did you already thought if this was metroid instead of mega man.
Those are the same people who care about graphics so much and do these pointless console wars. Just look at an article in IGN (let's say, PS4 sells 18 million units) and you'll see lots of awful comments. The community is bad over there. No wonder why it has such reputation.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Hmm... I don't know how math and stuff was taught in French colonial Vietnam, but my dad doesn't understand how to explain stuff like this sometimes. That and he didn't do well in math and was more of a music and French guy.

Yeah, setting my phone to French for the sake of having something "French" is kind of weird at times since I'm not familiar with certain things in French. For one, in English, " " are used for quotes, but in French, it's something like << >>. I think I remember using the calculator app in French and it was strange at first. Also, I think language are being taught "incorrectly". It's more text-based than speech-based. Most of the time, you're learning grammar and vocabulary along with other principles of the language, but it's rare that you're being taught to speak. I never learned stuff like "Coller" for paste in French or "octet" for bytes which confused me since I saw "Mo" and didn't know what it meant aside that it was probably French for "Mb". Some of the times, we're learning words that aren't really used in common speech. Seriously, what's more important? Learning about "le roi du Burundi" or "le gouvernement de la France"? Oh yes, I know what "roi" means in French, but that does little in France and even though common sense should be natural, but there are people out there who might do stupid things in other countries - we call them tourists. :p

The sad part is that languages are still being taught in the same way as my dad was taught. He and his older brother are great at writing in French, but aren't good at speaking in comparison to my dad's other older brother who worked with French people and was great at speaking it because he had to speak it. That's like what? 50 years ago?

Funny how comedy makes arguments on society.
Learning french is good to watch this legendary scene in the french cinema world :
C'est fou, n'est-ce pas ?

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
When the weather is bad, Pizza delivery orders explode - but I don't know know a single Little Caesar's that delivers.
Apparently, a lot of people don't like to cook for themselves.

When I was working on Christmas Eve and Christmas day at the pub, there was a lot more orders coming in then we were expecting. I thought people would've like to cook their own Christmas dinners, but nope. >_>

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Don't worry. You'll be getting a biggest twist in a later episode.

Kill la Kill is a Tootsie Pop, Shaymalan Flavour.
Does Gooseman and Fernando do more things ? And by those nicknames, I mean Aikuro and the Punk. I don't remember his name, so let's just put this icon :snake:.

Did you actually understood something except some "AAH" ?

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Learning french is good to watch this legendary scene in the french cinema world :
C'est fou, n'est-ce pas ?
Why does this remind me of The Three Stooges? :laugh:

Anyway, I should learn Spanish too... and Jamaican Patois... and Cajun French... and how to do a Scottish accent. Why? 'Cause I like messing with others. Man, it'd be funny if some scammer called and I just spoke like a Scotsman and they had no idea what I was saying or if I went to the UK and people asked me if I was an American and I'd start talking like I was from the Caribbeans or Jamaica. Spanish, however, is the only one that's not going to be used to mess with people. That and maybe Italian or something. :p

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Does Gooseman and Fernando do more things ? And by those nicknames, I mean Aikuro and the Punk, I don't remember his name, so let's just put this icon :snake:.
Oh, Aikuro does more things. And by more things, I mean more of the same thing.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
When the weather is bad, Pizza delivery orders explode - but I don't know know a single Little Caesar's that delivers.
We have a 3rd party delivery service here, but they also deliver for the bars, Moes Southwest Grill, Subway, and a few other places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom