• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ehhh, Tom and Jerry did it first. Over 40 years prior.

They used this in other episodes too, yet I still saw it aired on Cartoon Network years ago. So... eh.
Man, Cartoon Network had so much balls in the pass when compared to Disney and Nick in the pass. Captain Planet had plenty of moments that made you wonder if it's for kids like one dealing with drug abuse (Which resulted in some of the main character's brother bleeding to death) and the infamous ADS episode (Which did crack a sly homophobic joke). Along with that aforementioned scene from Tom & Jerry, they had no problem showing them smoking in some shorts. Bloo did accidentally said pissed off" in Imagination Destination, which was rated PG for a reason. Did I forget to mention Raj's ass buns joke from a certain Camp Lazlo episode?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
  • Uses the same exact Mewtwo art as the direct.
  • Lucas. I'd like Lucas to come back, but him over any of the other cuts? Doubtful.
  • Where did this even come from?
It's not the same Mewtwo art as shown in the direct. The tail can be seen behind his head, whereas it wasn't in the direct.

Soul.

So I've been playing Mario Kart 8 lately. It's not really a bad game, but I get why people don't like the item balancing and things like it. It's 110x better than Mario Kart Wii, that's for sure.
You're playing a game where Bikes aren't the only choice. Good, good.
Well, not like it was called Mario Bike 8 anyway lmao. Metal Monster 7 still livin' (B Dasher / Monster tires).
Discuss dudes.
I know it's probably fake but Lucas at least lines up with the "clones" and Ness so it makes sense.
Seems fake to me.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Man, Cartoon Network had so much balls in the pass when compared to Disney and Nick in the pass. Captain Planet had plenty of moments that made you wonder if it's for kids like one dealing with drug abuse (Which resulted in some of the main character's brother bleeding to death) and the infamous ADS episode (Which did crack a sly homophobic joke). Along with that aforementioned scene from Tom & Jerry, they had no problem showing them smoking in some shorts. Bloo did accidentally said pissed off" in Imagination Destination, which was rated PG for a reason. Did I forget to mention Raj's *** buns joke from a certain Camp Lazlo episode?
Da fuq? Bloo swore in Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends? I never saw that.

I thought Regular Show did that first. (In America, anyway.)

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
  • Uses the same exact Mewtwo art as the direct.
  • Lucas. I'd like Lucas to come back, but him over any of the other cuts? Doubtful.
  • Where did this even come from?
The open hole they buried the Gematsu/Sal leaks
Some guys dad who works at Nintendo forgot to close the hole.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Really? I mean, the in-person Smash community is by far one of the most polite communities I've been a part of. As for Smashboards, well, doesn't everyone usually keep to themselves on their respective favorite hangout places? As a STREAM MONSTER™ I can say that the competitive community DOES NOT hold a grudge against Sakurai. We're mature. We're not petty. It's why we keep playing and loving and supporting and not throw our toys out of the pram. Well, not Twitch Chat, but I manage to keep things civil most of the time. Nothing a few timeouts can't fix. Either way, I repeatedly hear commentators being like 'shout outs to Sakurai for making such a beautiful game' from every spectrum. From Juice Doom to Home Made Waffles. EVERYBODY IS SO NICE WHAT ARE YOU SAYIIIIIIIIIIIING.
Then there's that Leffen guy. I love him; his amazing maturity combined with his blunt and very forward nature make SURE you know what side of everything he's on, all without him being mad or trying to dodge any questions, just pure honesty. It's like PlanetSide 2 and BuzzCutPsycho, they're all theatrics, but very level headed and truly, deeply, good people besides. It also helps that I happen to agree with these sorts of people, normally.
REAL DISSENTERS are the ones I appreciate. BURNING THE INDEX CARD OF ALLOWABLE OPINIONS.
Ahem, excuse me.
The bolded parts are when I broke out laughing.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Da fuq? Bloo swore in Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends? I never saw that.

I thought Regular Show did that first. (In America, anyway.)
Yes, he really meant to say "peeved off" but his voice actor had said "pissed off" instead during the recording of that film. He did apologize for a bit later when fans were asking him about it.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It's not the same Mewtwo art as shown in the direct. The tail can be seen behind his head, whereas it wasn't in the direct.
Oh, sorry. I forgot how impossible it is to photoshop the tail into a slightly different position.

I doubt Mewtwo will be in the same pose in his official render, I'd think he would at least look towards the screen, like most.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Yes, he really meant to say "peeved off" but his voice actor had said "pissed off" instead during the recording of that film. He did apologize for a bit later when fans were asking him about it.
If you really wanna break my childhood, you'll show footage of that scene to me right now.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
If you really wanna break my childhood, you'll show footage of that scene to me right now.
The mistake was a bit more effective in context than the intended line if you ask me.

(It was the series finale, "Destination Imagination", when Herriman's scolding inadvertently caused omnipotent friend The World to go One Winged Angel. I think "peeved" would have taken away a bit of the drama.)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Here's the original scene in all its glory. Enjoy!

Saying pissed off isn't swearing... I don't get how that is a swear
While than may be true and rather debatable like hell or damn, most parents wouldn't want their kid saying that at a young age. I'll never forget the day that my little bro got his ass shredded for over using that word in preschool. :laugh:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
You see people the official art for Mewtwo isn't that conspicuous if you take a look at samus she stands basically upright in a regular standing pose.
So who knows maybe Mewtwo will be the first to stand in a basic standing pose.
I mean in Brawl there was :falcon::ness2::metaknight::pit::link2::snake::marth: who all stood in very simple postions.
By the way anyone else think Brawl had the perfect poses for the amiibos ?
I mean the only ones that would require stands are :popo::kirby2::lucas::sheik::zerosuitsamus:
That's pretty edgy. So edgy it hurts, in fact.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The mistake was a bit more effective in context than the intended line if you ask me.

(It was the series finale, "Destination Imagination", when Herriman's scolding inadvertently caused omnipotent friend The World to go One Winged Angel. I think "peeved" would have taken away a bit of the drama.)
Distination Imagination wasn't the series finale though. "Goodbye to Bloo" was.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Here's the original scene in all its glory. Enjoy!

While than may be true and rather debatable like hell or damn, most parents wouldn't want their kid saying that at a young age. I'll never forget the day that my little bro got his *** shredded for over using that word in preschool. :laugh:
Dang, I need to reconsider everything now

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
In regards to the mewtwo leak, I think it's fake. I'm just really doubtful what we saw during the nintendo direct was the art for the CSS. Especially considering we got one for the 3ds and wii u. It points towards in-game character model.

Also, I doubt lucas. At least Wolf has an upcoming game.

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
Is this her?

It might have been. But I thought the show was on Disney XD.

Ehhh, Tom and Jerry did it first. Over 40 years prior.

They used this in other episodes too, yet I still saw it aired on Cartoon Network years ago. So... eh.
I loved Tom & Jerry even now. Tales it okay I guess. Having character talking is pointless when everyone else has so much personality the options are endless.

Weren't those early reruns too? That animation looks like old Loony Tunes.

This. Is. Awesome.

The eyes are kind of weird, but its still awesome in my book XD :p
It's gud, but the eye are kinda big for Yoshi.

It's all right here.
I don't know how you were raised, but the phrase "pissed off" is unacceptable around children in my country.
In UBBBSS.... NOPE! In the U.S it's more tolerable but not in the UK and AUS it isn't. (The more you know.)

Better yet, Courage the Cowardly Dog in general. Alternatively, Invader Zim.
Invader Zim is a bit surreal for my taste. Courage isn't as weird but still very wtf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom